PrincessMelody's journey - adjustment #14 update! Now w/pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felbemate

Hey Orange Co. Girl.....

#106 Post by felbemate »

I have a pesky molar too, but it's my wisdom tooth. They are moving it into a spot where the molar had to be extracted due to a cracked tooth. It's been a long haul moving it, but it's almost there. How are they going to make a space for yours? I had an empty space. Jenna Keough on the show Housewives of Orange County is my 1st cousin.....wish I had her money!

PrincessMelody

#107 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks Denise and turrrtlelove as always for the support.

And thanks for stopping by felbemate
I have a pesky molar too, but it's my wisdom tooth. They are moving it into a spot where the molar had to be extracted due to a cracked tooth. It's been a long haul moving it, but it's almost there. How are they going to make a space for yours? I had an empty space. Jenna Keough on the show Housewives of Orange County is my 1st cousin.....wish I had her money!
My upper left wisdom tooth has been extracted. My ortho had also mention pulling my second molar as well to make room for my second premolar but I don't know if that will be necessary as it looks and feels as if there is enough room. But you never know, once he starts making the space he could see there is room needed.
No discussion has been made as to how exactly room will be made for WM but I am assuming it would be with a spring. He is still working on other things in my mouth so he has not yet started on WM. My lowers have not been braced for that long but it seems that they have finally been sorted so I imagine it wont be long until he starts getting to work on that dang tooth.
I've only watched bits and pieces of Real Desperate Houswives of OC so I can't say I know who your cousin is. Not a very exciting show if you live in OC... pretty much something you see everyday or actually experience with your own friends/family.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

cowlypso

#108 Post by cowlypso »

Wow... Things are looking great! I love your ligs. You always choose such nice colors. Makes me wish I could have alternated my colors this time. But alas, powerchains.... Anyway, your lower arch is a masterpiece! And a good visit to the dentist, too. Who could ask for more?

PrincessMelody

#109 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks cowlypso. I always have fun with my colors. In fact, I am still trying to decide what to do for my next color choice... I've only got a week left. They all involve green. I think if they have two different shades of green I'll stick with that. If not I can't decide between green and black or green and orange. It's so hard!
And yes, I am very happy... thumbs up on my oral hygiene and a pretty lower arch. Now for my upper arch, lol :lol:

Tin Indian

#110 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Your teeth are looking fantastic PM. Keep up the good work.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

SDFD TSchott

#111 Post by SDFD TSchott »

PM Loving the progress, hoping for much more progress in future!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

PrincessMelody

#112 Post by PrincessMelody »

Oi, so I never replied to all the comments that were left for my 6 month anniversary, so thanks to Merayten, Ken, TI, Tim, and Karen.

Had adjustment number six tonight and it was uneventful. Just a lig change, but I got green for St. Patty's Day. Light green and dark green. I like it, but I'll probably be tired of it in a month. I am going out tonight, so I will hopefully get a picture up tomorrow of my new shiny ligs.

My next appointment is in 5 weeks. I was kinda confused cuz the receptionist said 4 weeks, but she gave me my appointment card and it was set for 5 weeks later, April 14th.

More later...

SDFD TSchott

#113 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Glad ur ready for Saint Patties day. What no metallic green? lol anyways have a good time out tonight!

~Tim~

PrincessMelody

#114 Post by PrincessMelody »

WOW! So I have had an obnoxiously busy weekend this weekend... and a not so great Sunday. Don't know how national the news has made it, but there is a pretty big fire in the hills that I live in. Last I heard 500 homes had been evacuated and some of our friends were included in the evacuation. So it has been a crazy day checking in with people, making sure they are okay. I kept driving by the fire to check on things, and evertime I drove by it was getting worse. What makes it so bad for the community I live in is that it is an equestrian commmunity which means people not only had to worry about avacuating themselves and their family, but also figuring out where to take their horses.
The fire started with a stolen car that was set ablaze on the toll road that runs right along the street I live off of. Because we currently have our infamous Santa Ana winds (40 mph winds with humidity as low as 15%) and temperatures in the 90's the fire spread very quickly.
The same area caught fire about a year ago, but it spread east then. It spread west this time so it is very close to us. The smoke and ash are insane. My car is filthy! Fire fighters from all over Southern California have been coming over to help fight the fire, which is of course wonderful.

So the point of the whole story was to explain why a picture hadn't been posted yet. But without further delay, here is a picture sporting my newest lig colors. The jury is still out on how much I like them, but I feel very festive, and being Irish I feel they are suiting, lol :lol:

Another little update in my world, I leave for Fresno Thursday night for an Evanescence (my favorite band) concert Friday night. Then Saturday morning my friend and I are driving up to San Francisco where we will celebrate St. Patty's day as well as tour the city (haven't been up there in about 5 years) and return home Sunday evening. The return home we will take Pacific Coast Highway, which is an amazing drive that I have only done once in my life. Looking forward to the weekend away plus my very first concert EVER! It's going to be a lot of fun. Plus that makes it a short week for me this week since I am taking Friday off. Haven't had any vacation time since I took time off when I graduated from college (almost a year ago...wow it's almost been a year since I've been out of college)! Granted it's only one day, but it will feel wonderful! It's the whole concept of a short week/three day weekend.

Well, anyways, sorry for the long post...just so much is going on. Hope you all had a great weekend!

PrincessMelody

#115 Post by PrincessMelody »

Oh yes, and thanks to Karen and Tim for stopping by.
Glad ur ready for Saint Patties day. What no metallic green? lol anyways have a good time out tonight!
Oh I would definately choose metallic, but my ortho unfortunately only has gold in metallic. Boring, yes I know, lol.

PrincessMelody

#116 Post by PrincessMelody »

Another good thing about the ligs... they match my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue matched my car, and now I am coordinating with my eyes... observe

Image Image

SDFD TSchott

#117 Post by SDFD TSchott »

FIRES KEEP ME BUSY, I like your lig combination and now I must head out there is a small brush fire started out here in San Diego. Everyone have a good day and be safe out there especially in the western states as temps are going to sore into those record books!

~Tim~

SDFD TSchott

#118 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Alright I think that i stated my comment earlier a little off. What I ment is that I'm always busy fighting fires or on medical calls when we are short staffed in the station.

My station does have educational classes where we go to the local elementry schools and teach about fire safety. In fact that is one thing that myself and the crew I work for is going to be doing in June is going to schools and teaching about fire safety. I rather be out there saving lifes and fighting fires then being in a room where its got airconditioning and teaching little kids how NOT to play with fire and be safe.

I think right now I'm just rambeling on as the heat is getting to me a little but. "The thought of people actually waiting for a fire makes me sick!" I'm not one of those people who sit and wait for fires to start up. I'm one of those people who work another job and if they need me like they did earlier today then I go to the job and I get paid for doing it. Its not a way of seeing fires its a way of saving lifes. saving peoples homes and saving those live animals or insects!

~Tim~

*More to come on the OFF-Topic Section don't want to take PM Board!*

PrincessMelody

#119 Post by PrincessMelody »

So I am back from my busy week/weekend. My week only got worse when my not even a year old Mustang decided it just didn't want to start :evil: 2 days later after a huge headache with the service department they figured out what was wrong (something about a diode on one of the computer chips??? aka pain in the @$$ technology). I was not pleased at all with the way the service department treated me (they said because it might be a "quick" fix they wouldnt give me a rental right away?!?) and made my unhapiness well known. I was 3 hours late to work and had to desperately call all my friends/family to try and get someone to take me to work because of these idiots and their very unprofessional behavior. New cars with all the technology they are putting in them, only have more and more potential for something to go wrong. Most of my friends/family have brand new cars and all of them have had some stupid technological mishap happen, whether it's a fuel sensor or something happening to the computer chip like mine it's ridiculous.

Sorry for that little vent... I am still a little peeved at the whole incident.
Had a lot of fun at the concert and my weekend away. Evanescence was awesome! And the two front bands were bands I knew and liked as well... Finger Eleven and Chevelle. San Fran was a blast and just as much fun as I remembered. Had a lot of fun partying and getting well in touch with my Irish roots on St. Patty's Day.

So the main reason for the post is the thank Karen, Tim, Denise, and Linda for stopping by.
And as a note to the whole fire thing, it was extinguished in a few days thanks to the wonderful OC firefighters. Only two homes were damaged, none burned down. In regards to the wildlife in the area, oddly enough the unique type of chapparel that is indidenous to California in its natural cycle, burns about every 10 years. It is near impossible to get rid of this chaparell as well because it's roots reside deep in the ground and when the area burns, they rise and grow back to life for another decade or so and then go dormant again until the next burn. The wildlife in the area because of this, has no choice but to deal with the vicious cycle of mother nature in the area. While it is sad that this particular fire was started by some careless criminal, if it wasn't this than it would be some other thing. Many of the fires if not most are caused by nature. Also, we have a pretty bad drought going right now (actually got some much needed rain today). It is the risk we all take living in this area (add earthquakes to the natural disasters) as well. But because of brave firefighters, like Tim, we don't have to worry as much about these fires. Southern California and the hills I live in is a desert. Most of the vegetation is chaparell, cactus, and other desert plants.

Back on topic to the board, 7 months coming up soon. I will of course post progress pics then, though I fear there isn't much to show. I may take a picture of my upper arch because I do beleive there has been movement up there however slight it may be. I had a few sensitive and extra creaky teeth prior and right after this last adjustment. We will see what the pictures show.

PrincessMelody

#120 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks to all again for stopping by. I appreciate the support so much. Wish I had more time in my life right now to so my appreciation more but life is busy at the present time and unfortunately it's only going to get more busy once summer arrives.
All is well with my Mustang. It was very, very frustrating but it was fixed and I am happy to have my car back (I LOVE my car). It's just frustrating when its a BRAND NEW CAR! I called Ford and filed a complaint with customer service deparment at the corporate office. They said a formal letter would be sent to customer relationships at both the dealership and to Ford corporate. The dealership I felt didn't take my complaint to seriously as all the manager offered me was a free oil change. Wow, cuz they will be out so much with how expensive a couple quarts of oil and a filter costs. PLEASE! At least I wasn't having to pay to repair it. I have felt that dent many times. My first car I shelled out about $5000 (and there was still $4000 more in work to be done that wasn't critical) before I gave up on it and decided to spend that money on a much newer car with a warranty.
And (dare I say?) you have very pretty eyes (and know how to apply make-up to them too, it seems!)

Thanks for the compliment there Meryaten. And just like I enjoy having fun with the colors of my ligs I LOVE playing with different colors of eyeshadow. The colors of my eyes change dramatically and it is always dependent on what I am wearing. The burgandy/plum/purple colors make my eyes very green. But they can range anywhere from a gray/blue to a hazel/goldeny brown color. I love going to MAC and picking out eyeshadow. That is my treat to myself once a month.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... 7 months have well passed now. I managed to take pictures but haven't had a chance to come here and update my story until now. I know you have been on the edge of your seat waiting for these pictures (I know, I flatter myself) :lol: so I will not delay any longer.

I really want to see "how far I have come" comparisons so I am posting the most recent on the left, and the very first pictures I have (but not my beginning pics since I don't have any) just for some boost in my moral.

Image Image

Image Image

just for the heck of it a slightly different angle of my uppers

Image Image