Oldfart Orthodontic Diary

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tobilei

Re: Oldfart Orthodontic Diary

#106 Post by Tobilei »

Haha, I hate it when someone talks to me while I'm eating! I just hold my hand in front of my face most of the time. The napkin is a good idea!

oldfart

#107 Post by oldfart »

Adjustment #2. Actually got in a week early. Nothing too exciting, I did get spacers for the three remaining molar bands to be put on. Will be fun to see how much additional soreness is caused to the teeth already in braces. Next week will get a new wire top and bottom and those bands put on. I asked for a dark purple on the bottom , and it end up being nice easter egg light purple. Oh well, it will be switched out next week. I can’t find my good camera so getting a decent pic is tough. I got one. I am really happy with how the front four on the bottom have been straightened out. It can't be seen but the two front teeth at the left of the pic have wire ties under the ligature to try to rotate them a bit.

Feeling pressure on one side with spacers, but nothing much else. But, its only been an hour.

So far this is the only decent photo. The others were either crooked, or full of saliva.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

oldfart

#108 Post by oldfart »

Trying to eat a chef sald before any soreness sets in.. its a race.

oldfart

#109 Post by oldfart »

One more. Mostly natural smile, just openned a bit wider to show off the bottoms.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dee17

#110 Post by Dee17 »

Looking good, OF. Hope you don't end up having too much pain later on tonight!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

debinator

#111 Post by debinator »

Looking good OF- hope you win that race!!
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ellabelle

#112 Post by Ellabelle »

Your teeth look great, and I love the purple!

Kurisu

#113 Post by Kurisu »

Wow your teeth are coming along wonderfully! Ah you are tempting me to try purple the next time I see my ortho. I made a salad and it was so difficult to eat today. How did the chef salad go?

My braces saga
Pictures updated tri-weekly
Braced: 4/27/2013

oldfart

#114 Post by oldfart »

Salad was fine. No pain from the spacers, just a bit from the two crowded teeth in the front that both have metal ties, then ligatures on top of them to rotate them a bit. I can tell those are going to be fun.

Only issue I have with salad is my back teeth don't meet (posterior open bite) so don't chew it as well as I should.

It is scary how loose your teeth become. Over the weekend while camping I bit into a soft dried mango. And since my teeth don't bite down well in front, I tend to tear things a bit. Felt like I almost yanked all my front teeth out.

of

Kurisu

#115 Post by Kurisu »

Oh man, what I'd give to bite into a dried mango (trader Joel's unsulfured/unsweetened !!)

My braces saga
Pictures updated tri-weekly
Braced: 4/27/2013

Tobilei

#116 Post by Tobilei »

Looking good :thumbsup: And yep, I hear you on how the colours change once they're actually *on* the brackets. I chose dark grey this time and instead of looking dark grey it looks light silver only more dull :? I don't like it at all (the grey, not the purple).

Salad is a battle for me every time. I think I've mostly lost my ability to chew since I've had braces on :shock: Glad you got it in before the pain though!

Good luck with the spacers.

oldfart

#117 Post by oldfart »

Here comes the soreness...

Tobilei

#118 Post by Tobilei »

oldfart wrote:Here comes the soreness...
Oh noes. You have my empathy.

oldfart

#119 Post by oldfart »

Spacer soreness lasted about 24 hours. Back to not feeling them. I am starting to grow on the purple, although my next apt is only a week away. May do it again. I have three molars that could not be banded before, so that is what is being done then. One with a lingual elastic attachment, so that gives my tongue something else to get used to. Also new wires top and bottom. Thinking this may be my first 'good' apt where I am really feeling it. Won't have the TAD to bring the one molar foreward until September.

My son: A month ago, two broken brackets. This time, one broken band, one broken bracket, one loose band. No charge yet, but I can tell they are not thrilled. He was eating almoonds and peanuts in bed. At least he does it close to his own apt time so its not extra appointments. And also the two damaged bands were on the bottom where there are no braces yet. He currently only has the top.

I am still working on a new photo. The one smile I like is being out in the sun, with the sun reflecting off the brackets. Still havent been able to pull that one off. But trying.

of

Dee17

#120 Post by Dee17 »

I've been terrified to eat any nuts because on the sheet my orthodontist gave me before I left said, "No nuts of ANY kind whatsoever!" I'm afraid I would be very embarrassed if I had to go in and tell my orthodontist that I broke a bracket off because I was eating something I knew I wasn't supposed to eat. But then again, I'm not a teenager.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/