Leslie022 - DEBANDING SET

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

antsika

#106 Post by antsika »

Congrats Leslie022!
Good luck for it, and I wish you the earliest removal date!

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

Leslie022

#107 Post by Leslie022 »

Wow! My frenectomy wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The perio numbed my gums and I was fine the whole time until the last stitch. I felt my heart start to beat fast, and my skin was dripping with sweat, and I started getting extremely nauseous. I got sick as soon as he finished the last stitch and took his hands out of my mouth. I was on the verge of passing out. I had loud ringing in my ears, my eyes went dark, sweating... It was horrible. I felt better by the time I left, and my mom was there to drive me home. We had to pull over on the way, though. I started feeling the ringing, eyes went dark, sweating...I thought I was going to be sick, but I think I was just on the verge of passing out again. All evening I've not been able to keep food down. It's been horrible. He gave me a prescription for darvocet, so I'm not in any pain.

I can't figure out why I've been so sick, though. I didn't have any laughing gas - only novocain. I'm did have my mouth open for a long time and I know I swallowed a lot of blood, so I'm wondering if that could be why.

I was not expecting the Frenectomy to be this bad. It's such a simple procedure! At least it's over and I never have to have it done again!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Sweet L

#108 Post by Sweet L »

I hope you're feeling better now :D ....
I know that it wasn't such a nice experience, but it's good to know that now you're a step closer to your D-day! :banana:
So keep positive, and remember that in just a few more weeks you won't have braces anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Take care

Leslie022

#109 Post by Leslie022 »

Well, folks, it looks like my braces journey has come to an end! A friend of mine works as the receptionist for my ortho, and I saw her last night and asked if she had any sooner appointments open. She called this morning and scheduled me for THURSDAY at 8:30AM!! I'm so excited! I will finally have beautiful teeth! The best part is I will be meeting my boyfriends mother for the first time next weekend! I was hoping I could meet her without the braces and now I can!! I could cry I'm so excited!! I will post pictures as soon after the debanding as I can!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Joanna20

#110 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey Leslie, it's over now!!!
Soon you'll be having your braces off and you can forget u ever had them (don't forget about us and your retainer though :lol: )!
You know what, a week ago I got an extraction and swallowed a lot of blood too, I was about to pass out the day after... Maybe there is something in our organism that ultimately doesn't allow us to drink blood :?
Oh well, congrats girl! I hope it all goes on D-day and can't wait to see your photos afterwards!

The busier you get in these last days the faster days will pass!

Best of luck :dance:

Joana

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February