Sarah's story! Updated 11 Oct 2007 - I'm half naked YIPPEE!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

natafele

#136 Post by natafele »

Hey sjsarre, good luck with your braces! I'll be watching your progress! I am on the second week, having mostly no pain with teeth but feeling extremely uncomfortable with new wounds on my cheeks.

Cheers,
natafele

samantha_lou

#137 Post by samantha_lou »

Hey Sarah,

Thats great news that your teeth are moving so much, and the staining can more than likely be taken care of really easily by a hygienist - see if you can get yourself booked in. There are also things that you can do at home aswell, like using an electric toothbrush such as a Sonicare or the Oral B Triumph, and try some baking soda toothpaste.

I'm sure that those areas will start to clean up nicely, and its very exciting that your teeth are moving so much as to reveal them! :D

SUGARANGEL

#138 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Sarah,

Dont you worry about the staining. I had my teeth cleaned two months ago, My dental hygentist said I got staining behind my top and bottom teeth and she took it off real easy. Not a problem. That is from coffee and dark color soda that caused brown staining. I told her yeah sure I drank Dr Pepper. She said to avoid staining is to brush teeth after drink Dr. Pepper. I loooooove Dr. Pepper. I love the way it taste. I cant live without it. Hee hee. :lol: Anyway, Glad to hear no pain for you. Me either. I have appt next wednesday, I have to wear elastics. oh no! I was told by my step daughter that it is painful in some people.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

sjsarre

#139 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks everyone :D

You've made me feel a whole lot better... :wink:

I was a bit concerned that maybe I have left it too long and ruined my teeth and after all this treatment he might have to put extra veneers on because of the brown bits..

I'll speak to the Ortho next week and see whether I can book myself in for the hygienist!!!

Sarah
xx

Joanna20

#140 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi Sarah! I think your teeth are moving along nicely! I don't see any brown or any staining. I mean they aren't the whittest teeth I've ever seen but you know, you can always sort that out after u are done with the braces. I have a really big brown spot :roll: on my lower second pre molar, and my teeth aren't very white, but I'm sure we'll sort those things out later! I have to agree on what you said, I do notice everyone's teeth now and it's horrible, It's like I'm obcessed, but I feel blessed I care enough about my teeth (and have the chance to care) I will never ever forget about looking after of my mouth! And I think everyone who has gonne through braces will look after their teeth much better than be4 they considered ortodontics.
My teeth are a bit like urs now too, but urs are much better, and u have had ur extractions - me waiting! I hope the gap closes soon and with little pain :wink:
Let us know how it goes! Are you getting a powerchain anytime soon? Just wondering, I want one so bad :x !

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

sjsarre

#141 Post by sjsarre »

Ooohhh.. Its adjustment day today yippeeeee..... :lol:

I thought that my teeth hadn't moved that much this month but over the past week i've really noticed a difference with my molars.. For a couple of months now my bite has been a bit off compared to what it was before and I was a bit worried because when I closed my teeth only my rear left side would meet... But now, I can close my teeth together and all of them meet agin. Thank goodness for that!! :D

I'm expecting my right wayward to be tied to the brace today.. It would be nice to get the left spring off aswell.. Fingers crossed...

I will report back later with some photos :D

sjsarre

#142 Post by sjsarre »

Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow....

Enough of the OW's though... The adjustment today was great! Not only did I get one spring off... I got both of them off and both incisors are now attached to my archwire!

I've also had a ligature taken off the right bottom and some general twisting and tightening done..

The Ortho is very pleased with my progress and took more photo's of my teeth today!!

I don't mind if it was painful.. I've got rid of the springs and now I can see some REAL progress!!!

The comparisons below are week 1 to today week 23...

Image[/url]

KJNELLAMORE

#143 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Your story is so encouraging, Sarah! I have the same two top teeth that are out of line as you USED to! I can't even IMAGINE seeing them in line!!

sjsarre

#144 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks for your responses.... In fact even in the six hours since having my braces adjusted and taking the photos I can see that there has been movement.. I tried to brush my teeth before but it was too painful.. The pain is throbbing and radiating right up into my nose so it feels like I have a "thick nose".... Anway never mind, i've stocked up on some soluable 500mg paracetamols as I cannot take anything with ibuprofen in... A couple of those seem to have helped somewhat...

Even though this is my most painful adjustment todate because I can see such a difference I have to agree its all worth it...

Just like when you are in labour... Its painful but its so worth it at the end!!!

:D :lol:

samantha_lou

#145 Post by samantha_lou »

Thats awesome that your incisors are now on the archwire, those puppies will in line before you know it! This is a really cool step in your treatment, and you can definitely see really positive progress has occured since day one! :D

sjsarre

#146 Post by sjsarre »

After spending all night awake with searing pain and accidentally touching my teeth together a few times which literally made me want to cry, I wondered if there must have been movement! I don't usually take photo's the next day but I thought I would and now I can understand why I was in pain... You can clearly see the laterals have moved even more and my gum looks a little red by one of them. The archwire is virtually into a nice curve.....

To me its extremely obvious, but if you can't see the bottom photo is this morning!

Although i'm REAL tired this morning i'm just so estatic that my teeth are coming into line so quickly on the top..... :D

I think salt water rinses to the ready this morning to try and calm down that gum!

xtrememkovr

#147 Post by xtrememkovr »

WoW! I see so much progress looking at your photos that I can't help but hope for similar results on my own bite! So now that you know what the pain is contributed to, does it make it easier to bear? Hopefully the salt water rinse help your gums. I'd try some advil too (or aleve - whichever your 'poison' is.) Hope you feel (and sleep) better soon!

X.

sjsarre

#148 Post by sjsarre »

Hi.. Thanks for your kind comment.... I'm so glad they have made this progress.. And the pain is really worth it! Yes it definately does make a difference when I can see it..... They do feel less sore today which is great and i've done three rinses since I got up four hours ago...

:D

joney

#149 Post by joney »

Sarah

That is just amazing :shock: Overnight such great movement.

Regards
Joney

Tin Indian

#150 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D Hang in there Sarah, You are looking great already, can't wait to see them teeth when your'e done!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08