Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KJNELLAMORE

#136 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

just gorgeous! wow! you must be thrilled! :lol:

belmikry

#137 Post by belmikry »

yes- I am thrilled :) but- I'm more thrilled that I'm not done, because I can feel the problem areas soooo easily in my mouth!

my front tooth is still somewhat crooked- I can feel my right one unferneath my front at the base near the gumline- the incisor as well roatated slightly- my canine isn't 'down' far enough yet, and the teeth following that on my right still need to be pushed out and re-align so I can bite down! told you before I couldn't close my mouth right- lol :lol: now it makes sense to me seeig the pics- the edges hit eachother o_0 :shock:

Kiwi: I know! the first quick glance looks awesome- then I notice all of the little things :wink: ... my biggest concern is bringing down my right side, and fixing that misalignment with my front teeth [although he says it will never be perfect- but we'll see how far we can go with this elastic! ;) :D ....
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

swiss1

#138 Post by swiss1 »

Congratulations Kim! Your teeth look amazing :-* , and in such a short space of time! Gives me hope my incisor will move out just as smoothly as yours - I go for my xrays and moulds tomorrow...very excited!

Keep the pictures coming, it's so great to see the updates.

Leslie022

#139 Post by Leslie022 »

This is so exciting!!! We'll both be getting our braces off early!! :) Woowhoo!

Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jennandtonic

#140 Post by jennandtonic »

Goodness, Belmikry, that movement is AMAZING! Your orthodontist is right, you look pretty close to done! Not that there isn't still work to do, but look at that PROGRESS!

:jump:

belmikry

#141 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys- :)

I agree- it looks good, but there's much more work to go! :)

leslie: that has to be by far the most uproariously energetic reply ever given in our forum- :lol: awesome! :D

PS: I forgot to mention I was a bridesmaid this weekend! :)
I totally smiled the largest smiles ever known to man for the pictures- I was sooo happy for my friend and also proud to flaunt off my once-hidden smile! :)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Eleni

#142 Post by Eleni »

may I say I am throughoutly impressed by my movement- although I find the pictures misleading! :P ... I can feel the imperfections in my mouth, but when I look at the pictures- I don't see them :roll:
Great progress!!!! I completely understand the whole "it feels off" even though the pictures look fab. At least you didn't stare at you pictures forever and try to line things up graphically to spot the problems (like I did :oops: with mine). You are getting there and you have had so many positives chages to keep you going.

Sounds like the wedding was fun. I hope the bridesmaid dress was decent.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

SDFD TSchott

#143 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I just have to say! AWESOME RESULTS! Well I guess I have less then 1 day brace free then I plung into the world of braces

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

belmikry

#144 Post by belmikry »

thanks for stopping by Eleni! yes, it's very true- I remember pre-braces coming on here and seeing the posts about 'minor' imperfections and just wishing my teeth could look even remotely as good as theirs at that point- now that I'm here I realize the journey is definately not over ;)

welcome, SDFD TSchott!! tomorrow huh? that's fantastic! congrats on starting your braces journey- and remember to keep us posted! :D

SDFD TSchott

#145 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Don't worry I will keep you all posted, and I will even update my blog on http://sdfd-tschott.blogspot.com/ updated when I start treatment!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

belmikry

#146 Post by belmikry »

thanks kiwi- i can't wait to see the pictures! :)

I also wanted to mention that alot of people have messaged me about damon 3's and how they look on someone- being that online its hard to find pics and the ones that they show you at the ortho's are small/possibly edited/etc... and since the close up's are always well... close UP... you never see the face :P ... so I thought just to save time and the like I would post one for you :)

so I thought I'd show you what they look like when you smile- sure you can see the bottom half and the wire- but yes, the top of the brackets are clear- meaning with a regular smile you can't [really] see them from afar... or they are less noticable.

and from farther away tey aren't even apparent
ignore the last one- lol... its from the wedding i was at- but notice you can't see them? no brilliant reflection from the flash? :P[/url]

jennielee81

#147 Post by jennielee81 »

Aw, so pretty!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

jennandtonic

#148 Post by jennandtonic »

I'm just now able to see your progress pics, and I must say...wow! How thrilling!

I bet it is really encouraging to be in the last half of your journey, congratulations on your progress, Kim!

Also, that wedding picture is too cute, lol.

jennandtonic

#149 Post by jennandtonic »

double post, oops!

Flora2006

#150 Post by Flora2006 »

Amazing progress Kim. Your teeth look awesome :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006