Sillygirl's story (pics)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Joanna20

#16 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! Nice picture!
Good luck!

Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

braceface1230

#17 Post by braceface1230 »

Awesome on gettin the braces! I just had an adjustment 2 days ago and I'm still sore and I've been in braces almost a year so, your not alone on the pain thing. You'll see that some adjustments can be worse than others, but look on the bright side. That smile of yours is going to be stunning in no time! Keep us posted and congrads!!!!

Sillygirl

#18 Post by Sillygirl »

Thanks for all the support.

Eating is getting easier, they don't hurt as bad. Everyday is better and better. It is very true that it is different for everyone. Not everyone will experience the same things when getting braced.

The first two days I had to put wax on the back bottom left bracket. Where they cut the wire, it was poking me. The second night I did not put wax on it and the next morning I didn't feel it anymore.

I had a tuna sandwich yesterday (the first food I had to bite into). That was very interesting. I would not attempt that in public. Does biting into things get easier or does everything have to be cut into small pieces?

March 7, 2006 Quad-Helix Expander placed

sjsarre

#19 Post by sjsarre »

Sillygirl

Congrats on getting braced :D

Make sure you post some photo's as the time goes by...

I totally agree. Everyone is different and touch wood!! It sounds like you are one of the lucky ones!!! :D

Flora2006

#20 Post by Flora2006 »

Your braces are looking great. Congrats :)

Flossing is a nightmate at first...i agree!!! But it does get better...especially when the teeth straighten out, as KK pointed out.

Good luck with everything and I'm looking forward to following up with your progess :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

M1k3y

#21 Post by M1k3y »

Good job in getting braces. How is your progress now?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

monarch64

#22 Post by monarch64 »

Hi Sillygirl! I had to chime into this thread of yours because I'm also 29 and just starting my orthodontic journey. I will be starting the process in late July, first with an expander (I have a crossbite and very narrow upper palate), then I will get braced, get my 4 wisdom teeth removed via oral surgery, and move on from there...

Anyway, I am impressed with your progress and you seem to have a great attitude! Best of luck to you with the whole process!

M1k3y

#23 Post by M1k3y »

Hey Sillygirl. How are your teeth coming along?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08