Garrettnb's Journey: Finished June 2nd... Or so i thought :(

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

garrettnb

#16 Post by garrettnb »

So this first picture is the ledge and showing that the wire is distorted and pushing down on it

this picture shows how it sticks out from the tooth. Arrow for help

now this just shows how it looks straight on, if you look closely you can tell that it is quite white

Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#17 Post by garrettnb »

If you look at this picture

you will notice the wires on either side of my front teeth. They were there to close the gap. Now that there is that ledge, the "archwire" is now not in contact with those wires and is causing the sharp points to not be covered and now they are poking me. Should i use wax to cover up these pointy parts? Is there any recomendations? Has anyone else ever had to deal with issues like this?

Any reply is helpfull
Quiero Pasta?

M1k3y

#18 Post by M1k3y »

Nice progress. In my opinion I still think braces would correct that problem quickly and more efficiently but if you can get it corrected with a retainer then more power to you.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

garrettnb

#19 Post by garrettnb »

actually, i am starting to agree with you m1k3y. I'm thinking about it, maybe thats the route i'll take. Lynn suggested the same thing. i think i am gonna talk to my ortho about it my next appointment. Still no suggestions about the pointy things people?
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#20 Post by garrettnb »

ok, thanks alot. I am going to go buy some silicon wax today. as this is what you guys think is the best.
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#21 Post by garrettnb »

ok, well a few days ago i went to the ortho because one of those front wires broke off, and before that i was reading some of the things from my original treatment sheet. and it said that those teeth will not go down even with braces. So i kinda got mad and then when i went to my ortho i told her of this and how i wanted braces. The assistant was like "how could you of diagnosed that they wouldn't come down without an xray" So the ortho said she didn't know what she was thinking and now i am getting braces. But I am not paying!! It is so awesome. So i go for spacers sometime in september. I am so happy right no. I'm going out partying tonight. Even though its a monday
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#22 Post by garrettnb »

I am assuming that it is just my top arch, but if i get the bottom arch out of the deal, then good for me :D The treatment estimate would be around 10 months, and i would be getting normal metal brackets.
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#23 Post by garrettnb »

Ok, well i told you all that i would be getting braces for free, in September. Well i went to the ortho today to get spacers for my molars, but while i was there i asked if they could try one last tome to bring that stubborn tooth down. So thats where we are tight now, still trying to pull that tooth down. I am going to be getting braces if this last attempt doesn't work.

--Garrett
Quiero Pasta?

M1k3y

#24 Post by M1k3y »

Have you switched over to braces yet?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

garrettnb

#25 Post by garrettnb »

1 year later!!!

well i totally forgot about this site for a long while. I finished everything back in Marchish of 2007. I never did get braces as the stubborn tooth decided to come on down. But then a few months later (June) i realized that it had started to move back up as i didn't have the ledge to hold it there. So i went back to the ortho and discussed my options. So we decided to pull it back down and then put a bonded retainer on it. So that where i'm at now. Basically done. just holding everything in its new position until the 24th of september when i get the bonded wire. Its going to be a 2-2 which in my mind doesn't make sense because all 4 of those teeth were moved significantly, and i would feel better if it went all the way to the canines. Theres something to bring up on that last appointment. Does anyone else have a bonded retainer on the upper arch? Also Welcome back everyone!
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#26 Post by garrettnb »

avast ye salty sea dogs. Since today be Talk like a Pirate Day. But anyways I am so looking toward monday, no hawley is gonna be amazing. And what do people thing about the 2-2. Will it hold proper?
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

I'm Finished!

#27 Post by garrettnb »

I'm Finished!

Today I went to the ortho and was permaretained.

and on something completely unrelated my pet rat died, but i got 2 new ones. they are brother. Bonus points for whoever can figure out where the names come from.

Quiero Pasta?

Rainy

#28 Post by Rainy »

wow nice teeth, makes me have something to look for in my future... oh and yeah that would be the Bluessssssss Brothers :D

Rainy

garrettnb

#29 Post by garrettnb »

gah, my tongue is so raw from this wire. It is not nearly as smooth as it could be in my mind, but i guess thats why i get for having it glued on each tooth and it not being a straight wire, but a braided wire. Any recommendations to not make my tongue bleed?
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#30 Post by garrettnb »

Well over the last 2 months the wire has broken off on the same tooth 3 times. So the last time it broke(monday) the senior ortho decided to make a new wire that fits closer along the gumline to be more out of the way. Well here it is.

Quiero Pasta?