MuleNag's Story~DEBANDED!!!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Caroline

#16 Post by Caroline »

Quite encouraging indeed! Congrats!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

Blonde_Metal04

#17 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

It's fantastic that you have seen so much movement..
I have too, and it really makes the roughness of this journey worthwhile!
Great progress!
Spacers: 08/09/2006

MuleNag

#18 Post by MuleNag »

bracedagain~ I hope you are right about me seeing the same kind of movement with my lowers. I can't wait to get the rest of my brackets! And you are right about my wire being stronger! The one on the bottom is thin and flimsy and the one on the top is ridgid and it's not even round it's square! I was really shocked to see that big sturdy fence post in my mouth! :lol:
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

MuleNag

#19 Post by MuleNag »

9/19/06~ Another adjustment down. They took off the powerchains on my lowers and put on regular wire ties. The hygenist struggled with my one lower molar and could not get a tie around the wire and bracket. She finally got it and when I was out of the office for 15 minutes it popped off. I called and they got me back in right away. She decided to only hook the wire tie around 3 hooks instead of trying to get all four. Hopefully it stays now! I was more than ready for this adjustment 'cuz my wires were eating up the insides of my cheeks. Sadly, my ortho's 44 yr old brother passed away so they had to push my appt. back a week.

Here's the pics, as always my first pic....

And now today...

I'm loving the pink and blue! I'm going back in three weeks to get the rest of my brackets!! I'm so excited!!!

What really amazes me is how much movement my lower fronts have done without any brackets. They were definitely too crammed before!
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07

jenfire

#20 Post by jenfire »

That is a lot of movement. Your teeth are coming along nicely. I really like the ligs also!
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

OBG

#21 Post by OBG »

The movement is awesome. I can't help but smile and I'm sure you can't either when you see how far you have come in such a short period of time. The colors are bright and cheerful--life is good!

Jillianleab

#22 Post by Jillianleab »

Amazing movement! You must be thrilled with your progress so far. When will the rest of your bottoms get brackets?
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Muna

#23 Post by Muna »

Amazing alot of movment!.. :D keep it up

cmm1280

#24 Post by cmm1280 »

WOW! :D Amazing progress MuleNag!!!

By the way - the comparison shots are great for really showing how much progress is being made!

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

MuleNag

#25 Post by MuleNag »

Thanks everyone! And thanks linda21 for the compliments on my pics! It's not easy taking pics of your own teeth, as many of the rest of you know!

When I look at my comparison pics I can NOT believe I've only been in braces for 4 months! Seeing progress like this really helps make this whole process worth it!
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07

Joanna20

#26 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey I think your teeth look awesome!
And your gaps are closing nicely!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

MuleNag

#27 Post by MuleNag »

10/12/06~ I'm fully bracketed now!! I have a feeling I'm going to be eating soft foods again for a while. My ortho put some stuff on my first molars on top so I can't bite down all the way. He was worried about me biting off my new lowers. That feels a little funny. Other than that a nice boring adjustment! No lip pinching, just a bit of pressure when the elastics went on my newly bracketed teeth. It feels great to get rid of the bare wire on the bottom! I feel like I can finally hold my lower lip in a more natural position now.

On to the pics...of course I had to go with orange/black for Halloween!

Before...

Now...

Before (upper)...

Now...

Before (lower)...

Now...

I have a feeling that I will see some great movement in my lowers now that I have brackets on them. I'm really excited for that! I'm just a little bummed 'cuz I have a feeling that in a month or two my movement won't be as noticeable and I'll start getting impatient with my treatment. Now that I have all my brackets it seems like I don't have as much to look forward to.
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07

Jillianleab

#28 Post by Jillianleab »

Wow! Your top arch is really looking nice!

Congrats on getting all your teeth bracketed, and the ligs for Halloween are very festive! I'm sure having that whole bare wire was a pain in the you-know-what....

We were braced right about the same time (I was May 19), but I got all my brackets at the same time. I have noticed movement isn't as obvious anymore, which is a little dissapointing, but when I take my monthly progress pics, I can see changes. Hopefully you will notice the same!

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Meghan's braces Part Deux

Wow!

#29 Post by Meghan's braces Part Deux »

You have had so much movement over the past few months! It's incredible!

butterfly

#30 Post by butterfly »

:shock: :shock: :shock: amazing!!

I am speechless... All I can say is enjoy this special time of first months in braces!! It might be the most painful annoying thing but no doubt also the most exciting part of the process.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner