And we're off.....Jenn's Braces Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JennThompson79

#16 Post by JennThompson79 »

Well, I have now had these top braces and bottom brackets for exactly 12 hours and OMG does this hurt. I want to go back tomorrow and tell him to take these things off. But, I know I can't do that. I have to do this. People look at my wedding pictures and ask was I sure I even wanted to get married because of my expressions in the pics. But, I HATED to smile. I was so scared of what people would think of my teeth if they saw them. As soon as I can, I'll post the pic from today. My colors are alternating Lt. Purple, Dk. Purple (thanks to my daughter lol).

juf_84

#17 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Jenn!

Congrats on the braces and the bub :jump: Sorry to hear you're hurting but it will all be worth it (at least that is what I am telling myself).

Can't wait to see a pic, and I'm so jealous that you've got colours- I just have plain metal.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

MsTee

#18 Post by MsTee »

Jenn,

PLEASE take KK's advice! I hope the soreness subsides soon. Can't wait to see your purple ligs! :)

jmrut22

#19 Post by jmrut22 »

Hey Jen

Congrats on the pregnancy. I am hoping to go for #2 soon. I just got my braces last week and 3 brackets popped off. I had to go back yesterday and get them replaced. Things are really sore but not as bad as I expected.

I just cant get used to the way they feel in your mouth. Especially against my lips.

Jmrut22

JennThompson79

#20 Post by JennThompson79 »

Hi Everyone!!! I had call my ortho on Monday and then went in today to get a mouthguard. Sunday, I got head-butted by a horse, in the face, which of course caused my brackets to cut up the inside of my lips. Then not an hour and a half later, I fell off of the same horse, annnnndddd, pow, face first in the dirt. LOL. Of course, more cut up lips. The horse didn't buck or throw me or anything, we were just out for a leisurely walk thru the woods (which the ob said was fine as long as I kept it at a walk) and something spooked him and he started crow hopping, I got sideways in the saddle and was too late to catch myself, so down I went. No, the baby didn't make it thru that, but, please don't be sorry for me, we are ok with it. We actually weren't quite sure how I ended up pregnant anyway with my tubes having been tied 4 yrs ago. LOL Anyway, just wanted to update real quick.

MsTee

#21 Post by MsTee »

Oh no! Though you told us not to feel sorry for you, I am saddened that this incident occurred...both because of your mouth and the baby! :cry:

However, if you and your hubby are ok with everything, that's what matters. :)

Hope your mouth heals up soon...maybe that's advice for me to get a mouthguard ahead of time, b/c I tend to be accident prone!

JennThompson79

#22 Post by JennThompson79 »

Thanks everyone. Anyways, my computer is back up so I can tell you what has happened since getting the bottom wire on and the first adjustment on the top on the 31st of July. I was finally able to actually chew food today although I am seriously wondering if the soreness will ever go away. I mean, I know that my teeth were REALLY REALLY REALLY bad and had a long way to move, but arghhhhhhhhhh. The mouthguard has come in handy especially now that school is back in here and I am coaching both JV competition cheerleading for the HS and my main job is stunts, and also coaching the little cheerleaders for the parks and recreation department. So, I have no doubts that it will come in handy. As far as my horse goes, no he hasn't acted up again lol it figures. When we did the adjustment on the top, the assistant putting on the ligs forgot a bracket. And I spent 4 days in NC at my brothers wedding weekend pushing the wire back into the bracket. That was loads of FUN. My ligs are still purple although when I go back in September, I will get them in Orange for the school colors of the cheerleaders I am coaching. Will post again soon.

JennThompson79

#23 Post by JennThompson79 »

Ok, so, maybe my life is too dangerous for braces, lol. First it was falling of the horse, now, it is getting kicked in the mouth by a cheerleader when I had to jump into the middle of a new stunt we were doing to keep her from hitting her head on the ground. Thus, my first real emergency visit to the ortho. The bracket was bent when she kicked me and thus it popped off. So, I went and had that fixed, and have to go back for my adjustment 1 wk from Monday. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

JennThompson79

#24 Post by JennThompson79 »

Ok so I had the second adjustment today instead of Sept. 25th due to the fact that I was EXTREMELY sick and couldn't get another appointment until today. Today was an interesting experience for me and OMG this hurts SO very bad. Today my ortho put a powerchain on the top and I went into elastics today. They are in a triangle pattern. They are 3/16", 4.8 mm, Medium. The name on on the bag is Mountain Gorilla LOL. My jaw is really sore, and I have a headache, in addition to the pain from the powerchain. Just thought I'd update.