EllieUK13's Journey - Oct07 - PICS 2,3,4,5,6,8 New pg9

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EllieUK13

#16 Post by EllieUK13 »

Closer shot! Little fuzzy, sorry!

Inside shot! This TPA is not bothering me... just affecting my speech a little, but thats it!
Last edited by EllieUK13 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click here to go straight to my Brace story

hannahwebbo

#17 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Ellie.

Great photos. I bet your teeth are going to look great when your done. Keep us up to date with all your progress.

Ive got my spacers appointment on Friday. I'm so nervous. lol

I'm sure it will all be fine though

Will check in on you again soon

Hannah x

EllieUK13

#18 Post by EllieUK13 »

Well a few days in now and im doing GREAT! :D

No wax in use and no pain/mouth ulcers! Im just hoping the rest of my journey goes as smooth! :lol:

Eating is a bit annoying, but only because of all the food that gets stuck! But i can deal with that! Always got my toothbrush and a pick to hand!!!

Fingers crossed for a good two years!!!
x

EllieUK13

#19 Post by EllieUK13 »

Hi all :-1

Well I should have started this post with this email, but I can only get on the site when at work and I don’t get much time to write huge messages.
But thought I should maybe tell you all my story……. :D

Well I am now 28 years old, live in the sunny UK and I am a Business Analyst for the Volkswagen Group.
I have always had ‘these’ teeth, pretty much born like it, although im sure sucking my thumb as a child did not help things!!!! I was never really teased about my teeth as they don’t really stick out. I have a small lower jaw and my top teeth are quite cramped.

When I was 13 I was taken to the Ortho and was given a brace that was removable (big mistake), it was one bar along the top and the only way to describe the lower brace was that is was like a gum shield but had two sections at the back of if cut out and my top brace had cubes of plastic at the back. So the only way I could shut my mouth was to basically push my lower jaw forward so the plastics would slot into place. Hope that makes sense! :shock:
Well being 13 and just starting secondary school I never wore it!
So when my time was up the Ortho was really unimpressed, but I thought ‘Well, loads of people have fixed braces so I could have them’. So I asked the Ortho and the reply I got was ‘If we used fixed braces your teeth will basically go back like beavers’, your only option is surgery, lower jaw broken and screwed into place! :shock:
Well I was not taken by that option and my Ortho convinced me that my teeth really were not that bad….. :?

So here I am… I went through school and dating etc with never really worrying about my teeth, they were healthy and that is the main thing. But I never fully smiled in photos….. I was aware my teeth were not that great!
So now I’m living with my boyfriend of three years, and although there is no ring on my finger yet, the thought of getting married and having these teeth ruin everything brings me out in a big sweat!

My friend at work enquired with an Ortho round our area and told me about it and I thought I would ask for a brochure and check it out!
Booked an appointment to get moulds/x-rays done, this did cost but I thought if he says surgery is my only option then I would not bother going though with treatment. I thought I can see what they say and if I don’t like the options I don’t have to do anything!
So I was SO excited when he told me that surgery would make no real difference and that he thinks braces alone will give me a great result! :D

A Polish, one filling, two extractions and spacers down, here I am with full on braces!

So glad I had the courage to get this done, yes I am paranoid about people at work starring at me…. I am involved in quite a few meetings and I do get really nervous now before going in! But I am hoping this will all pass the more I get used to them

Sorry, look at this post! If you have read all this THANKS! :)

Just one final word to say that im glad I found this site… it really did help me make the decision to get this done.
You guys all seem great and are so helpful. I wish you all the best on your journeys.

Ellie x
Age 38 at end of post!!!! LOL! :?

Traceymay

#20 Post by Traceymay »

Hi ellie :-1

Fantastic that you have taken the plunge :lol: great photos.

I've been braced now for just over 12 weeks and the progress is amazing.

Keep taking the photos and you will soon notice a difference.

Take care

Traceymay

EllieUK13

#21 Post by EllieUK13 »

Hi Traceymay! :-1

Thanks for your post!
I cant wait to take my 'monthly' photo, i cant really see any changes yet, so fingers crossed i might see some on the photos!

Still cant believe i am in braces now! Still think my ortho has given me an easy ride.... as im not using any wax, no sore spots and no pain! Think when i go and see him on the 6th Dec he will tighten the brace up and then the pain might begin!!! :shock:

joney

#22 Post by joney »

Hi Ellie

Those first few months you're going to see a lot of progress and I'd say that your teeth are going to look fantastic when you're done. Great that they're not causing you pain, I had very little pain with my braces, just some tenderness at first and a bit of tenderness for a day or two after adjustments. I think you'll be amazed in a couple of weeks (I know I was) to see that small wire do it's magic.

Most people don't even notice braces, it was only when I got my (very obvious) front elastics that a lot of people notices mine which just goes to show that we are a lot more conscious of them than others.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

EllieUK13

#23 Post by EllieUK13 »

Thanks Karen and Joney for your posts!

Now you mention it Karen i can floss between one tooth slightly better now!!!!! :) So maybe they are on the move a bit!!! Cant expect miracles in two weeks i suppose!!!!

Joney, quite a few people have only JUST noticed my braces and its only when i get up close!!!
A few people at work have pulled their lips up in the motion for me to smile, guessing they dont know i have them or maybe im walking round the office with a face like thunder! Must admit i do most days at work!!!!! :lol:
Work is the only place im really funny about them.... although i did get embarrassed the other day when i went to my local supermarket and the checkout girl (who was about 17) had braces on... i didnt want her to see mine! I have no idea why i didnt!!! Strange! :?

danish

#24 Post by danish »

EllieUK13 wrote:Thanks Karen and Joney for your posts!

Now you mention it Karen i can floss between one tooth slightly better now!!!!! :) So maybe they are on the move a bit!!! Cant expect miracles in two weeks i suppose!!!!

Joney, quite a few people have only JUST noticed my braces and its only when i get up close!!!
A few people at work have pulled their lips up in the motion for me to smile, guessing they dont know i have them or maybe im walking round the office with a face like thunder! Must admit i do most days at work!!!!! :lol:
Work is the only place im really funny about them.... although i did get embarrassed the other day when i went to my local supermarket and the checkout girl (who was about 17) had braces on... i didnt want her to see mine! I have no idea why i didnt!!! Strange! :?
Hi there!
I know that feeling seeing young teens with braces. You feel embarassed. I guess that it is because dental braces are associated with spots in your face, immaturity and all the other wonderful aspects of being a teenager! Hehe. I don't know why there is this negative connotation with braces. It seems that everybody has had them, so what's the big deal!?
ALL BRACE FACES UNITE! Hehe.

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

EllieUK13

#25 Post by EllieUK13 »

Hi All

Well Im 4wks in today and wow i can see changes!!!!!! I shall try and get some photos on here tomorrow! :lol:
Its amazing when i looked at the first week photo to see the changes now! How can this process possible take 18months to two years??? :? When they have moved quite a bit in a few weeks?!

Very excited, only two weeks until my adjustment appointment...... does anyone know exactly what happens in these appointments or are they all different depending on the case? :?

EllieUK13

#26 Post by EllieUK13 »

Week 1

Week 4

Pretty good huh? Im very impressed!!! :D
Last edited by EllieUK13 on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

EllieUK13

#27 Post by EllieUK13 »

How about now?
Can you see picture one?? :?

EllieUK13

#28 Post by EllieUK13 »

Week 4

EllieUK13

#29 Post by EllieUK13 »

Great! Glad it worked! :D

Thanks Ken for your nice words of encouragement! It is great now i can see changes! I just cant wait until they are straight! Been wanting straight teeth for 28yrs!!!!! :lol:
Last edited by EllieUK13 on Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

timewaster

#30 Post by timewaster »

Great progress! Your front teeth don't overlap at all anymore...and in just 4 weeks! By the way, your dog is adorable! :)