Calistamay's brace journey (pics!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: Calistamay's brace journey (pics!)

#16 Post by klobird »

Wow--That's quite a journey you have been on!! Your teeth look absolutely fabulous--you deserve it with all the time you have served!!! :D

Calistamay

#17 Post by Calistamay »

Thank you :D

Fully Braced for 39 months (12.01.2008-03.01.2012)

Read my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=29366

Calistamay

Getting them off tomorrow! (39 months)

#18 Post by Calistamay »

Tomorrow I will have had braces for 39 months AND I AM FINALLY GETTING THEM OFF! :-* :jump: :dance:

Been thru a lot since I got them on. My husband was deployed for a year, then when he got back I got pregnant and had a baby. She'll be 2 in a couple of months and has never seen me without braces.
My ortho gives out the Essix retainers but I'm gonna plead my case for a Hawley. I will probably have to spend more money to get one but I suppose that is okay. I don't want to have to replace a retainer every year, and I have bruxism (in the past I had a night guard and I actually had more pain because I apparently spent the whole night clenching down and sucking on the bite guard. No bueno). I am also planning on having my black triangles fixed and don't want to pay to have another retainer made. I'm not concerned about the cosmetics of a Hawley because I'll only have to wear it full time for a few months, and then just at night. And after 39 months a few more with a wire aren't gonna bother me. Well here are some pictures I just took. They aren't gonna get any better than this (whiter, yes; straighter, no).

I also made it all 39 months without breaking anything! I should totally get a shirt for that :P

kellyb

#19 Post by kellyb »

Congrats! Your teeth look great. also, you had alot of progress very early on. I am surprised you needed to be in them for 39 months.

Can't wait to see your naked teeth :-*

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

lau

#20 Post by lau »

AMAZING!! what a perfect smile, congratulations- what a journey, you are inspiration to us all.

I'm sure your youngest will look at you funny with no braces. I had my braces for 5 months (he is 2 and 5 months) and says: 'braces mom' and points and smiles.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

klobird

#21 Post by klobird »

Your teeth look fantastic!! Getting them off tomorrow?--I am soooo jealous!!--Congratulations!!

I can't wait for the unveiling!! The BIG REVEAL!!! :BigGrin:

Calistamay

Debraced :)

#22 Post by Calistamay »

Thank you :D I am surprised that it took 39 months as well. But now that they braces are off they feel surprisingly stable. I think it took so long because with the self-ligating brackets I only went in every 2 months. But when I had powerchains and STILL only went in every 2 months, they lost their elasticity after about a month. The wire was still working, but the teeth weren't gonna get any closer together.

Getting them off wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part was scraping the glue off. That was torture! It didn't hurt, but it was like nails on a chalkboard to me. She didn't buff the glue off when she was done. Just asked if I felt any. And there were no chunks, and it felt okay so I said it was fine. Then I realized she was done. Oh well. She probably did get it all off, and I just forgot what my teeth are supposed to feel like.

I was Jedi mind tricked into believing I wanted the Essix retainers, so I'll give it a go for two months and see how they do. If I really don't like them then I will get the Hawleys when I go back in May.

Here are the pictures that I took when I got home:

Here is one without the flash; they don't look quite so yellow:

Between the canines and premolars the gums look bunched up. That was my extraction gap. Hopefully they don't look like that forever.

anngie27

#23 Post by anngie27 »

Congrats!! Your teeth look beautiful!

VioletJay

#24 Post by VioletJay »

Beautiful! Yay! :) :jokerlaugh: :jump: :jokerlaugh: :jump: :jokerlaugh: :jump: :jokerlaugh: :jump: :jokerlaugh:
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

elseegee64

#25 Post by elseegee64 »

Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story and pictures! As your braced journey ends - mine is just beginning!