Six month smiles :)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: Six month smiles :)

#16 Post by jem »

Hi Tweety,

You are making really good progress. I am jealous!I have a 6-9month estimate and think now it will be at the top end of that but I don't really mind having got over the hurdle of getting a brace in the first place.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Tweetypie

#17 Post by Tweetypie »

Hi jem..... Thankyou :) im glad to see some progress after my adjustment, seems to be happening sooooo slowly though! I havent really been given an estimate but assured that me and the dentist will both decide when we feel they need to come off be it 5,6, or even 9 months xx

Tweetypie

#18 Post by Tweetypie »

Before.....4 weeks adjustment and 8 weeks (just before adjustment!)
so pleased to see such movement, the dentists are really pleased with the results in the past 4 weeks and hasnt put any extra wires on this time as the gap in my teeth had closed so much which is good as my teeth are so tender!! so back fom dentists and not feeling any pressure on my teeth....it's lovely :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GRM

#19 Post by GRM »

Just got my braces 3 weeks ago today. The pain is gone, just sore now. Not looking forward to an extraction next week. Did any of you get a tooth pulled due to overcrowding? How long did it take for the gap to disappear? I was told 2 months... Thanks.

Tweetypie

#20 Post by Tweetypie »

Not been on in a long while you kind of forget about the braces and dont really have much of a focus on them after a few months.
But thought id write an update.......
Had the braces on for 5 months now. Just doing the finishing touches at the end of july, make sure all is good middle of august and he reckons it'll be off mid september!!!
The adjustments dont get any easier in my opinion but eases bk to a normal( for braces anyway) feeling after a few days or so. Am still very happy i chose six month smiles :)

Kayleigh86

#21 Post by Kayleigh86 »

Hi all

Those with gaps just wondering how long it took to close?

My dentist says he will be surprised if i am not complete within 6 months, but hasn't given me a set time-scale. I just have a top brace to close a fairly small gap between my front teeth.

I am day 6 and my front 4 teeth are so tender, my lips are really hurting too, more of a stinging , i have put dental wax on so hope that helps, just find it really painful to put the wax on the front 4 brackets though. Just hoping this will all be worth it in the end.

Tweetypie

#22 Post by Tweetypie »

Hey.... Good luck with your journey :)
Six month smiles was the best thing I ever did!
I had them to close a gap between two teeth on the top too (although one of mine was also slighty rotated) u had it on mid feb and off mid oct. so 8 months for me although my dentist thought they'd be off by aug/sept we didn't feel we were quite there around that time and chose to keep it on just for the finishing touches.
I found that as one gap closed another one opened next to it and so on... Was annoying at the time to see changes for the better then suddenly changes I didn't want to see!! Well worth it in the end. Ill never forget that tenderness on my teeth I used to hate it!! But its gets easier I promise :) think of the result :)
Wish you all the luck on your journey. Persevere with the wax (didn't help me but you may be different) take painkillers too. My tenderness used to last a good few days after each tightening. Soon it will just feel normal to you. I still feel strange without my brace now an it's been 5 months. Xx

beckybrucelee

#23 Post by beckybrucelee »

Hey guys - I'm about 6-8 weeks off having my 6 month smiles off (woohoo!!) I've kept a blog along with pictures and tips on how to reduce pain and guard against ulcers etc, you can read it here: http://my6monthsmiles.wordpress.com/

Tweetypie

#24 Post by Tweetypie »

beckybrucelee wrote:Hey guys - I'm about 6-8 weeks off having my 6 month smiles off (woohoo!!) I've kept a blog along with pictures and tips on how to reduce pain and guard against ulcers etc, you can read it here: http://my6monthsmiles.wordpress.com/

Wow beckybrucelee what an amazing blog about six month smiles. I urge anyone considering braces to read it as I couldn't find any info anywhere before I had mine from real people who had had them. That's brilliant!!