A smile is a curve that sets everything straight...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bionicbigmouth

Re: A smile is a curve that sets everything straight...

#16 Post by Bionicbigmouth »

Braces are a go people...braces are a go!!!

I was meant to go in at 1535, but as you can guess, with an afternoon appointment, they were over running a bit...so I didn't get seen til nearly 4!

So I got 4 molar bands in, then all my brackets. I then got all numbed up for my bottom left central incisor coming out before the wires went in. He asked me (whilst I had a mouth full of cotton wool and new metal might I add) what colour of bands I wanted...so I just directed him to my nails...which were a blackcurranty colour! He showed far too much excitement when he said "I have the exact colour to match those nails!" lol!

Now that I'm home, I'm starting to get the feeling back in my mouth and man...it...is...tight!!!

I'm feeling a little lost without my little tooth...thank god I'm a top teeth smiles...that's all I'm saying! :)

I will take some photos later and put them on! I've to go back on Thursday to get my photos taken and measurments, he said he didn't want blood from my extraction in them! Lol! :)

Angel269

#17 Post by Angel269 »

Great to hear that your journey has officially started :-)

Cool that you chose colours that matched your nails :-) Look forward to hearing more as things progress!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

NICURN85

#18 Post by NICURN85 »

Yay on the start of your braces journey!! I hope everything goes well and that extraction site heals fast! Keep us updated on your progress.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

starfish88

#19 Post by starfish88 »

Glad it all went so well. Let us know how you get on and let us know how the tightness is going. Has it turned into pain yet or are you one of the lucky ones who just seems to feel pressure? Are you eating again yet? I've had to turn off cooking shows because they are just too tempting!

Also would love to hear how the waterpik is going with the braces. I get mine today and I'm hoping it will be great especially since flossing seems impossible right now. Any tips?

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Bionicbigmouth

#20 Post by Bionicbigmouth »

@starfish88

Not really got any tips yet for the waterpik, as I've only just started using it....buuuuuuuut, make sure you have a towel or two handy for your first couple of goes...it's going to get hilariously wet! :lol: I had elbow drippage and everything...my hubbie came in to see what all the laughing and screaming was about! But I love it...you feel mega clean after using it! :)

As for pain, I had some last night, but it was a combination of loads of tension and from my extraction...slept ok too...but it is only the first day so I'll give it time!

@angel269

Totally had to go with the nail colour, I think I'll go with that strategy for a while at least, it'll mean I'm a bit more adventurous! :)

@nicurn85

The extraction site seem to be ok at at minute...I had to sleep with a towel in my pillow for any drooling! Lol!

Bionicbigmouth

#21 Post by Bionicbigmouth »

so a couple of photos...(still to master the mouth shot...but with 18 months treatment time...i will perfect it! lol)

BetsyBug

#22 Post by BetsyBug »

Congratulations on your bracing!!!! Its exciting to finally get started isn't it!!! The purple-ish ligs look great too. I'm sure the gap on your bottoms will close up pretty soon, and when the gums heal up a bit I'm sure no one will notice. I'm glad you aren't feeling much pain. Technically pain shouldn't be involved but I have to tell you I have had some days that were pretty uncomfortable.

Oh and btw I'm no good at pictures either... but I am hoping to get better. I have been taking most of my pictures on my phone because I had misplaced my charger for my camera batteries.....which I have now found so I hope that the picture quality improves a bit.

again Congratulations!!!!
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Bionicbigmouth

#23 Post by Bionicbigmouth »

Well I know it's been a massively long while since I have been on....it has been so hectic!

I went back to work after maternity leave 3 weeks after brace day...so as you can imagine running around after two little girlies and holding down a full time job...things can fall by the wayside! :) that's not to say I haven't been keeping my photos up to date! And life is starting to settle down again I suppose. Braces have been great so far! :) I was looking at my first post and exclaimed out loud 'why did I leave it so long...those are horrendous!' Lol! So far I have had only one popped wire that I've had to get seen to out with scheduled appointments so I think I'm getting away relatively Scott free. There is a tiny issue with one of my bottom premolars...it is refusing point blank to rotate, so it has meant that I've not had my bottom arch wire changed yet...but we'll see! :) I've gone from a 9mm overjet to a 4mm overjet in 4 months...paint me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! I still have a gap where my bottom central incisor was extracted...but my Ortho said we won't close that up til all my bottom teeth are upright and straight-ish.

So here are my updated photos:

ADJUSTMENT 1- BLUES LIGS

ADJUSTMENT 2- PINK LIGS

ADJUSTMENT 3- GREEN LIGS

So...that's me up to date...my next adjustment is on the 20th December! Can't wait! :)

staceyraver

#24 Post by staceyraver »

Looking good!

My next adjustment is the 20th too... I'm very excited to make some progress after my extractions.

Hope your adjustment goes ok, any idea what color you're going for next?

Angel269

#25 Post by Angel269 »

Great progress.

My next adjustment is 20th December too :-D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13