The start of my journey!! With pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel269

Re: The start of my journey!! With pics

#16 Post by Angel269 »

Sorry to hear you have been in pain.

Hope to see some progress photos.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

teambathmat

#17 Post by teambathmat »

Well here I am 5 months in. Had more power chains put on. Last week and within 2. Days they have turned bright yellow! :(
Los had blue blobby plastisine bits put on back top teeth so I. Can't close my top teeth so he can twist round a stubborn tooth. Currently can't chew with either front or back teeth!, so food is just going in my mouth and down my throat!

Feeling rubbish about it at the moment, my natural relaxed face now looks awful and so does my smile......hoping her takes both power chains and blobs off next visit as we go on hold a week after and I wan to enjoy the food and look ok in photos!

Ortho said I had been brushing my teeth too hard and have brushed enamel off, my teeth just feel horrily stained, really worried I am going to left with other problems when I eventually have braces off. They wil need whitening, here they are nearly 5 months in.

Angel269

#19 Post by Angel269 »

Great progress so far Liz. Trust me when it's over you will know it was well worth it!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Tobilei

#20 Post by Tobilei »

Sorry you're having a tough time :( I don't think your teeth look yellow, I think it's just the powerchain. My ortho used a silver one on me with my clear braces. It's not really noticable at all but hasn't stained and I've had it a week. Maybe you could ask for a silver one next visit if you need powerchains again?

I too tend to scrub too hard and scrub enamel off my teeth. It's a habit for me though rather than being worried about yellowing. I've been using Pear Drops Intensive and Sensodyne repair and protect whitening and while they don't "Whiten" my teeth they do help with that yellowing that sometimes happens. I'm not sure which country you're in but I've read good things (on here I think) about supersmile as well (haven't tried it though, it's not available in Australia).

Bite turbos stink :( I don't have them but one of my 10 year olds does. They do wear down and get a little better.

Hang in there! I just keep telling myself that once they're off it will be worth it and you'll feel the same!

starfish88

#21 Post by starfish88 »

I agree its just the powerchain that is yellow - your teeth look really good! My powerchain was bright yellow too after the curry I had last night - but I had an adjustment today so its all good again! Just hang in there...its hard at the beginning and there are odd days all the way through here we wonder if its worth it but just look at some of the 'afters' and remember that will be you soon!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

teambathmat

#22 Post by teambathmat »

Bite turbos, !is that what they are called!!!......yes they do stink, hope they come off next visit.
I am in the uK Tobelei so will try and get some of what you suggested.

my kids have been lucky this year as I haven't been able to eat their Easter eggs!! Ha ha

Thanks for your replies x

Tobilei

#23 Post by Tobilei »

teambathmat wrote:Bite turbos, !is that what they are called!!!......yes they do stink, hope they come off next visit.
I am in the uK Tobelei so will try and get some of what you suggested.

my kids have been lucky this year as I haven't been able to eat their Easter eggs!! Ha ha

Thanks for your replies x
Yep, that or molar buildups. My ortho calls them buildups. Fingers crossed for you they do! My daughter has had them for a year already and will have them until her braces treatment in a year or two (possibly for some of the duration of the treatment).

Lol, I had a miserable easter too. Managed to suck on a single chocolate egg but I didn't enjoy it because I had pokey wires that were being awful to me.

teambathmat

#24 Post by teambathmat »

Oh wow, I think my turbos should come off next visit as they are there to allow a stubborn twisted top tooth to come round. .......Hope they arent on any longer!....The ortho did recommend I had braces on bottom teeth too to help with my bite but I really didn't want them and I couldn't really afford to.