KOB's 2nd treatment at age 28. Won at a silent auction!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HummerMan3

Re: KOB's 2nd treatment at age 28. Won at a silent auction!

#16 Post by HummerMan3 »

Kipepeo wrote:
> Oh man, that totally bites. Did the certificate state all this on it?
>
> But still, $1900 for treatment is a great deal. Too bad you couldn't do it.
>
> So were you going to be able to get Invisalign? You said your insurance would have
> picked up some. Would it have helped? I'm sad that you won't be getting treatment.

Unfortunately, the doc said that I wasn't a candidate for Invisalign. It would've been 18 months of traditional braces, top & bottom. He mentioned that the cause of my orthodontia woes isn't from my now-extracted wisdom teeth, but rather from a tongue-thrust habit. As such, he would've likely placed some device behind my front teeth to discourage the habit. Didn't sound too pleasant.
I looked at my insurance, and it looks as if it only covers braces in the event of a traumatic injury to my teeth. Anyone care to throw a baseball at my mouth? :wink:
KOB