Molar Intrusion for TMJ...at 31

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jennicole98

Re: Molar Intrusion for TMJ...at 31

#16 Post by Jennicole98 »

How is the TPA and Tad coming along? I just got on a custom bit sort of like your TPA today and it is beyond annoying!

amelie82

Re: Molar Intrusion for TMJ...at 31

#17 Post by amelie82 »

hey jennicole98! It's much better--after about week 4, I felt I could talk normally-ish. Still though, sometimes I feel people can't understand some words/sounds over the phone. The only issue I've had with it is I had some kind of ulcer/inflammed taste bud that just kept rubbing/getting iritated by the TPA. Took weeks to heal (it's just gone away this past week).

I've noticed significant molar intrusion around week 5. My lower jaw wants/wanted to slide forward (which is fine with me as I have a small/weak chin). After nights of heavy grinding, I noticed less jaw/joint pain--so that's good.

Is your TPA/TAD for intrusion? I still find it difficult to eat (spinach is a no-no, it gets so wrapped around the TPA and even worse the TAD, which still squicks me out to mess around with it too much). I have to drink lots of water to swish everything out, even then it's not always enough.

UPDATE (in general):

I had my first adjustment last Friday, where they put on the suresmile wires on and a spacer for the one bottom bracket I knocked off with my grinding. Oopsies. Now I have to have a band put on it (which they couldn't manage to squeeze in the time, bummer). I'll post pics soon, but whenever I seem to think about it, I really need to brush them first...so then I keep putting it off.

Hmm, anything else? Oh, yeah, the ortho "polished" the front bottom 6...I was like "ok, sure, whatever", not really realizing what "polishing" meant. When he started I was a bit surprised (to put it mildly). My whole head was vibrating, ugh. I looked at them as soon as I got in the car--they look like perfect, little chiclets, lol! And by perfect, I mean strange. They just looked really weird. But by the end of the day, it's like they just popped into a straight line--er, arch.

Yeah, so, super sensitive and sore on all the front teeth, top and bottom. And my bite has felt all wonky from the night on (it's been a week, tonight). Even though the bottom front 6 look really straight, I can tell the one front tooth is still sticking out enough to push on the top front teeth. And my premolars seem to have shifted all over the place, I can't put my teeth together. Or keep them together, they want to slide and shift all over the place. Eating and chewing is hazardous to my cheeks/tongue.