Braces at 27.. Ugh.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kohldampf

Re: Braces at 27.. Ugh.

#16 Post by kohldampf »

It's so comforting to read all these stories about adults going through the trauma of braces; at least we won't have to go through it alone. And just think about how all this trouble will pay off... you'll want to go back in time and high-five yourself for doing all this! :)

IamKrysie

#17 Post by IamKrysie »

At my last appointment the ortho said that my teeth are "moving like an adolescents", which apparently is a compliment. I am going to attempt to add some comparison photos from week 1 vs week 8. I am hoping this movement will lower my current approx 36 month sentence...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IamKrysie

#18 Post by IamKrysie »

And here is week 9 ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ozinewbie

#19 Post by Ozinewbie »

Good luck with it all! Love reading everyone else's stories... I'm 39 and had my braces put on 10 days ago. Still on mushy food & smoothies.. Would kill for a steak or something I can actually chew rather than slurp down. I honestly can't bite down without pain, especially in back teeth. Hope you're journey goes well. Looking forward to the updates! :tingrin:

oldfart

#20 Post by oldfart »

That last pic being upside down really threw me for a loop.

Yay for Pink!

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Dougsey

#21 Post by Dougsey »

post 7 so I should be able to see your progress soon!

Kevinr144

#22 Post by Kevinr144 »

Good to hear things are progressing quickly! I'm 28 and just under 3 months into my treatment. I wish I would have got them years ago instead of pushing it off.

Kevinr144

#23 Post by Kevinr144 »

[quote="kohldampf"]It's so comforting to read all these stories about adults going through the trauma of braces; at least we won't have to go through it alone. And just think about how all this trouble will pay off... you'll want to go back in time and high-five yourself for doing all this! :)[/quote]

Very true, I think a lot of us wish we had done it sooner.

Dougsey

#24 Post by Dougsey »

Exactly Kevin... like 40 years ago lol!

catchafallingstar9

#25 Post by catchafallingstar9 »

Glad to know there are others like me. I'm 26 and getting braces tomorrow...I'm excited for the outcome even if it's most likely 2 years away!

Dougsey

#26 Post by Dougsey »

Two years will pass quickly Catch, then you'll be done and have a real purdy smile!
Click HERE for my journal

nicolie825

#27 Post by nicolie825 »

You sound like me. Should have had braces as a teen (even begged my mom to take me) but parents couldnt afford them. In my early 20s and in college and grad school, just couldnt afford them. Now here I am at 28 years old and go in for my xrays and molds on Tuesday. Excited and nervous at the same time

catchafallingstar9

#28 Post by catchafallingstar9 »

I am excited for you nicolie825! :)

nicolie825

#29 Post by nicolie825 »

catchafallingstar9 wrote:I am excited for you nicolie825! :)
Thanks! Ive got less than 5 hours before its time to get them on. It hasnt quite hit me that my mouth isnt going to feel the same for quite awhile!

Dougsey

#30 Post by Dougsey »

Good luck Nicole and please let us know how it goes! :)
Click HERE for my journal