weird_wired's exciting story (going TOPLESS!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

decisionmade

#16 Post by decisionmade »

I had to check out your story after you posted on mine :D looks like we have some similar crowding issues on the bottom..good luck with your continued progress!..BTW i find my elastics also no trouble at all..I have to keep them in 24/7 preferably even when eating which hasn't been a problem..I just changed them twice a day...Good luck!
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

weird_wired

#17 Post by weird_wired »

Well, there has been some considerable movement on the front two lower teeth since the shaving a week ago - they are nearly fully in line! (At least to my unprofessional eye). Will post pic soon.

Late Thursday night, I suddenly realised that half a centimetre - which is a LOT - of wire was poking out on the right lower side. Previously it was all clipped off, so this indicated some positive movement must have taken place.

However: Fridays are "Sundays" here - it's the Muslim day off - so there was no way I could see my ortho until Saturday. Saturday was Christmas Eve and they were shut. Then obviously Christmas then Boxing Day... I was starting to envision getting through kilos of dental wax.

So I took the plunge and rang the ortho on his mobile Saturday morning (Christmas Eve). By happy coincidence, he had to open the surgery specially that day as another patient had a more serious problem, so he asked me to pop in just before. Even better news: he actually commented that the font lowers have "moved quickly" ;)

And he was able to replace the bag of elastics that the cleaning lady unfortunately threw away by accident.

So a very happy Christmas for my braces. And I am still loving the feel of elastics - I prefer the feeling of them on to off.

weird_wired

#18 Post by weird_wired »

Here is a dated comparison to show the progress brought by shaving:

weird_wired

#19 Post by weird_wired »

Progress on 12th Jan 2005 appointment

The fantastic news is that my ortho was really impressed with my teeth's progress, of the lower teeth especially, and says my treatment (originally estimated at 18 months for the lowers) should finish early! He said that lower teeth often take six months to come into line; mine were nearly there after six weeks. So hooray.

Also got a promotion to the heavier Rhino elastics on the problem right side, where the bite still needs closing. Lion=left:Rhino=right, luckily easy to remember. The ortho also says I can wear the elastics for as long as I want to (previously he told me just to wear them for 12-14 hours a day). I think he suspected I wouldn't wear them enough, as a lot of people hate elastics, but I am one of the few lucky people that love the way they feel - and the good pressure I can feel them putting on my teeth.

And some pics (I also updated the shaving-progress pic in the above post):

Image Image

13th December 2005 compared with 17th January 2006
ImageImage

hannah164

#20 Post by hannah164 »

Wow! Congratulations WEird_wired! Your progress is fantastic! :dance: :thumbsup: :banana:

Great to hear that your bracs may come off sooner than planned! That is wonderful news! :banana: Wish my ortho would tell me that! :wink: No, my treatment will take even longer than previously thought, which means 4 years! :roll:

That's great that you actually don't mind wearing elastics! I know it is such a pain to try to get my sister to wear hers! :roll: Hopefully I'll get some at my next adjustment on Saturday because my bite is a mess! :shock:

Good luck and Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

Marzipan

#21 Post by Marzipan »

Things are looking great for your teeth! Nothing like visible progress to make us all happy. :D

alexa

#22 Post by alexa »

Lookin' good!
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

weird_wired

#23 Post by weird_wired »

Thanks so much everyone! It is really great that there are so many supportive people here.

I also hope my pics help others make the decision to get wired, I know other people's stories on here certainly boosted by confidence about the decision.

Granola

#24 Post by Granola »

Wow. I can't believe how much progress you've seen since having IPR. That is an amazing result. My lower teeth are quite crowded and I'll be definitely be having IPR as well. It is nice to have a visual to see how removing that minute amount of enamel eases the crowding (I've already had extractions as a kid, but still had relapse, so hopefully IPR will work the same magic for me as I've been wondering how it is possible to create enough room in my bottom arch).

What great results!
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

weird_wired

#25 Post by weird_wired »

I know - I HATED the IPR at the time, but it was really worth it!

And taking off a tiny, almost unnoticeable little bit makes such a dramatic difference.

Good luck to all you guys getting it - you'll find your teeth will be so happy to be able to get into place at last! The rapid movements mine made did make them quite sensitive and loose for quite a while, though they're definitely a lot better now ;)

jame

Great photos

#26 Post by jame »

Weird_Wired,

Your photos are just fantastic! Like your pink ligs. i'm thinking about some color myself, but probably not that bold. It looks like your teeth are moving fine to me. Good luck, keep us posted.

jame

ahughes531

#27 Post by ahughes531 »

Congrats on your progress!! Your teeth look wonderful! :lol:

CHOIRSPARKLE

#28 Post by CHOIRSPARKLE »

:lol:
nice white teeth!!:)
Braces Put On:

Upper: June 2003
Lower: Oct. 2004

weird_wired

#29 Post by weird_wired »

The latest appointment was great, the orthodontist says my teeth are now more or less straight, and the job now is to continue fixing the bite. As well as changing the top wire for a more subtle "tooth coloured" wire, he created two hooks out of wire, and gave me some "Python" elastic bands - tiniest size, toughest strength.

OUCH!!! is about my only response.

What I am also noticing is that my teeth feel different every day now, sometimes it's as though they are someone elses's teeth. This is obviously good movement, because the ortho showed me my plaster models (cringe!) and virtually none of my teeth met in a proper bite beforehand. Now, the majority of them do.

The ortho reckons my treatment is about 50-60% done, which is good news. Of course that doesn't mean I'm half way through timewise, as the later stages can take much longer. But at least I know it's working ;)

weird_wired

#30 Post by weird_wired »

It is - but it's kind of creepy looking at the moulds. Firstly because they sort of make me think of what my skeleton will look like!

And secondly because they really enhance the crooked look of teeth ;)

If I get new ones done for bleaching trays after I am done, it will be interesting to compare them.