Braces at 32 !

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracingmyself

#16 Post by Bracingmyself »

JESSIE2099
I am 32 & have started the ball rolling for my braces (I have posted my story so far on here)
I just have to get my deposit together.
I have a dilemma in that I have just been asked to be bridesmaid for a close friend (the only one she is having) but I have wanted this too long to put off so hopefully the dates won't clash!
I too am in the UK & agree it is rare to see an adult with braces but I want straight teeth more than anything!
Good luck with your treatment & know there is another Brit, same age about to do the same! :D

samantha_lou

#17 Post by samantha_lou »

Jessie, I think its great that you've got braces again and I really can't think of a reason why anyone would have negative comments. I would urge you to think about once your treatment is complete, if you have a smile and teeth that you feel great about showing off to the world, that will really come across when you're dealing with the people you work with and in meetings and with clients. Around 50% of my patients in the office seem to have braces, so I know I'll be lucky and feel totally at home with my mouth full of metal when the time comes! I do agree though, that there seem to be more adults in the US going through ortho than back in the UK. I think thats a shame though, as no matter what age, you can have this treatment and have a smile that you feel great about.

As for dating, well I had braces when I was a pre-teen and early in my teen years, and so that didn't really make any difference here or there to me. I think anyone who is serious about you will think that you doing this for yourself is a positive thing, and will be supportive. My husband has been totally supportive of me going through this again (hes one of these lucky buggers that has naturally perfect teeth, and never needed ortho in his life :roll: ), and he is even going to come to my consultation and case presentation with me when the time comes.

I love to see adults wearing their braces, I feel great for them - knowing that they are doing something positive for themselves!

*Denise*

#18 Post by *Denise* »

I am 33... and I was pretty scared of what ignorant people was going to say and I went ahead and got my braces at 32... and so far not a problem. My man love me even better, cause at least i am trying to correct the problem. Most people thAT CRITICIZE have bad teeth anyways : :lol: I have standard all the way just to close some gaps on the lower arch... Never had that spacing until about a year ago. So getting braces in your 30's is a good thing, because you are going to look great after they come off. I have no regrets whatsoever. :D

ukcolin

Im in the Uk too

#19 Post by ukcolin »

Hi Jessie

I agree with what you say about not many adults in the UK having braces. Im 31 and i get mine on Friday, im dreading it, but im glad i have the whole weekend to get used to them.

Sarah68

Hi Jessie2099 and everyone!

#20 Post by Sarah68 »

Things have been mad in work and I've not looked on this site for ages, and when I did tonight and saw your postings I just HAD to write and say I am SO pleased you went ahead!!! :thumbsup: That person who made the negative comment re vanity was being very silly. Life is too short to have crooked teeth!!! So much of what you said reminded me of my early days - like your lips sticking on top of your braces and pain to bite! Both those things correct themselves, and pain seems to come and go depending on whether a particular tooth decides to move or not! My work colleagues are well into me having braces now and actually discuss ligature colours with me!!! By the way, I'm 37 and have no problem with that and I see the braces with colour ligs as a bit of a fashion accessory! Hope all goes well with you!! :BigTeethGrin:

ajhuggie

#21 Post by ajhuggie »

Hi everyone, I am a 36 year old female from london who has been reading this forum for the last 3 weeks since getting damon 3's on both uppers and lowers. It is great to see similar people of my age from the uk here.