Michal is Naked with Pictures! 22 Apr 2007

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Michal

#16 Post by Michal »

Today was the best day so far. I caked on the wax last night on those stupid cleats. This morning I woke up and my tongue didn't hurt, so that was a plus. I was going to wait until after breakfast to put more on, but I didn't hurt. I made it the whole day with no wax and no pain. It was like a miracle! We'll have to see what happens next week when the bottoms go on!

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

Michal

#17 Post by Michal »

Me too. So far I really haven't had problems eating, but next week will probably be different. Good luck with your B-day! :D

Michal

#18 Post by Michal »

A-ha! I got my avatar up! Things are still good. Hardly any pain. Maybe a small ache here and there but not what I was expecting. I got my dentakit and it rocks. I keep it in my desk at work and when my wife and I go out, she stashes it in her purse. If you don't have one, get one.

Michal

#19 Post by Michal »

Well guess what, I had a bracket come off on a Sunday night at 8:00. Anyone have any advice? I have an appointment on Tuesday to get my bottom braces on, should I wait that long? I was thinking about calling my ortho in the morning. That was just a little weird. :shock: :!:

Michal

#20 Post by Michal »

Thanks KK for the info. I was kinda stuck though. My ortho was closed today so I chose to just live with it for a day. My wife has had braces before and she told me that it just happens sometime. I have some friends at work with braces and they said welcome to the pains of braces. I'll get it fixed tomorrow, also the bottoms go on tomorrow too. My ortho told me he is only going to brace the bottom sides and move them first, then later he'll do the front. My bottom canines are 90 degrees out of whack and blocking the teeth next to them. That will be intresting. I'll have to post a photo tomorrow to show you all what I got.

Michal

#21 Post by Michal »

Thanks. You've been a great help!

Michal

#22 Post by Michal »

Here's the update. Got half of the bottoms done. Due to my jacked up bite, he only braced the sides on the bottom and left the front 6 naked. It's going to be this way until my bite moves out on top. Oh yeah, and I got that bracket fixed and as a bonus to that, I got a bigger wire on top. He just made me pretend I had braces on top for 11 days, now I'm feeling it.

Michal

Michal's Story plus a photo

#23 Post by Michal »

Okay, I said I would post a better picture, so here it is. I used my good camera and not my webcam. I need to shave. :D

Michal

Michal's Story with a Pic or Two

#24 Post by Michal »

You like my "wave' on my top wire? Believe it or not, that naked bottom wire is killing the inside of my lip. Lots of ambesol on that.

Michal

#25 Post by Michal »

Okay, I'm 19 days into this and I'm starting to see a little improvement here and there. Teeth once touching are no longer touching. And my front teeth are moving out just like my ortho wants. Not a big movement which I was worried about, but just a little. My fangs are moving down a little and the "wave" on my wire on my front teeth isn't as big as it was 2 weeks ago.

That loose wire on the bottom front isn't too bad. At first it wanted to cut into my bottom lip, but I'd wax it at night and I'd be fine for a day or two. Man, that takes a lot of wax and paitience to get wax wrapped around a wire.

I go back on the 28th and get to see what happens next. Maybe a bigger wire, maybe more brackets, who knows? Only my ortho!

Michal

#26 Post by Michal »

I went in for my first adjustment today. I got a thorough cleaning and wow, when they took off the archwire, that felt really weird. I got a new archwire on top with a little bend down right in the middle. Wonder what that's for. Also got a new wire on the bottom, but still no brackets in the front bottom. He said he wanted my upper arch to move a little bit more. Anyway, everything else is progressing as planned. I should be finishing out the brackets in 4 weeks, then I will truely have a full mouth of braces. Oh yeah, I forgot, I got him to grind off those cleats on my bottom molar bands. I had gotten used to them, but I really really like it that they are gone. Well, I'm going to pop a Motrin or two and maybe my head will stop throbbing. 'Til next time!

Michal

#27 Post by Michal »

Okay here is a photo, not bad for a month in braces.
Image :D

Michal

#28 Post by Michal »

Oh what fun today! I broke an archwire. Yeah, that bottom one that wasn't connected to anything in the front, broke on the right side right at the bracket. So I cut it off, but then ended up bending it and sticking my cheek. I finally just pulled it out, so I only have 1/3 of a wire on the right. What fun. I know where I'm going tomorrow. :braces_angry:

Michal

#29 Post by Michal »

Thanks KK. Just loads of excitement! I was wondering when it was going to happen. I know the old thing about bending a wire over and over in the same place and it will break. So we'll see what happens tomorrow. :)

Michal

#30 Post by Michal »

Okay, I got it fixed! Good as new. I called my ortho at 1000 when they opened and was in at 1100 out by 1115. What a deal. Didn't cost me a dime either. :D