Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

belmikry

#16 Post by belmikry »

so today I did it- I was eating breakfast [eggs, bacon and toast! yum!] and I was doing alright until half way through I noticed something funny about my bite- I stopped, moved my tongue around and my left side felt hollow! which of course, startles one...

guess what I did, I popped my left side blue cement lifter off at some point- and I must have ate it! :oops: o_o...

and to make it worse, it's saturday morning- meaning that I have to wait until monday to make an appointment to get it refilled >_>.... :?

..oh wells, at least it isn't the right side! that's the side where the impacted incisor ont he top is, so at least it still has room to move- I just hope my bite doesn't go off because of it :( ...

Here's some pictures:
as you can see, I only have one now :? ...

--------------------------------------

But for good news- I didn't notice how much my top right side has moved back!! look at the room its making for the incisor- like double the size! yippie! :) the teeth are aligning much better as well I noticed! :O
Image Image

----
ImageImage
another view, see my canine's movement? hopefully by the end of this month my incisor will stop by and say hello!!! o_0 ... :lol:
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Leslie022

#17 Post by Leslie022 »

Yeah, when mine came out, I ate it too. Tasted so good with my hashbrowns that I didn't even notice! lol

Looks like some good movement!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jennielee81

#18 Post by jennielee81 »

I'm so excited for you!!!! I know how you feel. Image

I still get giddy and silly when I realize just how much my teeth have changed. You deserve your new "bad habit" Image

Love those Damons! That wire just wants to be straight and your teeth have no choice in the matter!!

Good for you and don't be embarassed about the frequent updates; we enjoy them!!! and your teeth will soon be straight and progress will slow down and your life will return to (what ever) normal (is). :wink:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

ssfw

#19 Post by ssfw »

Hi Kim,

Congratulations on getting your braces. Isn't it great that you already see some ortho. change in such a short time. I think this is one of the things that makes ortho treatment exciting. I'm glad you adjusted to the braces so quickly - your braces look great and you have a wonderful smile which in no time will even look better than wonderful.

I agree with you about the photos taken by the orthodontists' office. Although my teeth are pretty well aligned, my cross bite and overjet show up so well in the photos. When I see these photos on the computer screen at the ortho's office, I think to myself that I'm glad I decided to proceed with ortho treatment.

Keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

hannah164

#20 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations on your quick progress! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: Your smile is lookin' better already! :D

Funny about your cement coming off! :lol:

Good luck and Keep us posted! :computer:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Flora2006

#21 Post by Flora2006 »

Your tooth is moving fast!! I wish mine was as well. I will post some pics soon enough, I just need to figure out how to do it and how to take better pics.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

belmikry

#22 Post by belmikry »

Flora2006 wrote:Your tooth is moving fast!! I wish mine was as well. I will post some pics soon enough, I just need to figure out how to do it and how to take better pics.
if you need help, let me know! :) all you need is a digital camera, put it on flash and macro [the flower icon button] and snap away- nice thing about digitials is that lovely delete button until you get the pictures just right! :)

to upload them, use photobucket or imageshack- they are free image hsoting servers :)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Flora2006

#23 Post by Flora2006 »

belmikry - I just opened my topic thing with pictures :) Thanks for the help :)

~~~~~~

belmikry

#24 Post by belmikry »

Hey guys- thought I would mention I finally got my cement lifter fixed on tuesday- although the lady who did it, originally put too much on one tooth so my bite was misaligined, and I asked her to put some more on the right side, since it had been 3 days since the left fell out so I had ground the right to a flat pancake o_o...

after she filled both, she spend what seemed to be 30 minutes trying to lower the right [put too much again :shock: ] now she's very nice so I just waited patiently while she tried to file it down with a small filer, but it was taking forever o_o...

..she eventually called the other assistant over to help her, the thing about the other assistant- I think she is the head assistant, but every time i've seen her, she's always in a hurry [even when no one is in the office] and she took out a filer and just attacked my lifter with lots of force, and asking me after three files if it was better, and of course it wasn't, and she was sounding quite irrate as she kept looking at her watch

you know what? I know how it can be at work sometimes when your behind in whatever [even though no patients were there, i believe it was lunch time since she kept reorting about how hungry she was] but I think when you have a patient in with a problem, and they don't want their aliginment to go off, prolonging the treatment, you should be patient until you are done the job- was it my fault the lifter fell out? no- and surely i wasn't blaming the nice lady who filled them in on my request, and she I may add was apologizing for adding too much cement to the head assistant, who just kept sighing... but really... I already felt uncomfortable having to come in on short notice for this problem, isn't it unprofessional to be sighing and using more force than needed, basically making me feel unwanted?

anyone else have something like this happen? I even noticed when I got my braces on, the last portion the girls seemed more interested in making sandwiches in the back for lunch then my treatment. :(...

Leslie022

#25 Post by Leslie022 »

With the amount of money we are having to pay them, you'd think they would be more than happy to see us when an emergency popped up. Luckily, my orthos office is more than happy to see me on short notice. The lady that fixed my cement thing last time actually apologized for me having to come back so often. The little things can either make you feel great or really hurt your feelings.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Brandyleigh35

#26 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Kim,
I agree with the others....that is so not right! I would've left. I would've got up and said clearly I can see that this is not a good time for you ladies, so lets just reschedule this appt for a time that is. I bet that would've changed their tune. I'm much older than you though, and definitely at a point in my life where I'm not afraid of offending someone if they are not doing their job properly.

At your age I wouldn't have had the guts to say anything, plus I think I would've just been so shocked I wouldn't have even known what to say.

I think I would say something to my ortho though, especially since this is the second time this has happened. Also...maybe try and schedule your appts in the morning, when they are not so cranky?

Brandy

belmikry

#27 Post by belmikry »

alright- thought I would fill you in on some updates- currently, have had some minor pain in my canine and incisor [moving? please!? :P] and my back molars- I'm starting to worry that I may be getting a cavity underneath my cement filler, gosh i hope not 0_0...

Yesterday- looking straighter!

First day in braces- no more rollercoaster! [much :P ignore the incisor and canine :P]

top- see my incisor just inching to get in there? come on tooth! you can do it!

feb 3rd- alot of movement of my right side huh?

my teeth have slowed down in comparison to my first week, but that's normal i suspect- but my first adjustment is on march 10th- here's hoping for more progress then! :)

belmikry

#28 Post by belmikry »

brandy: i agree- but it's hard to get up with that appliance in your moth ~_~...

I always have a tendancey of thinking i'm overreacting to situations like that, although I know i'm probably not- I hate confrontation in anything, so I usually let it slide. The worst part is the first day I got braces, my ortho AND these girls were making sandwiches in the back while the appliances were going in- which made me very nervous... so I don't know if she'd be that convinced about my complaints :/...

I think i'll see how it goes on my first adjusment- if I notice the ortho as well as the girls, i'll stop them right there and tell them what's on my mind- it's nice to know I may be moving for school [transfering] so most likely I won't be needing their attitude much longer- it sucks though, cause i like the ortho- [sigh]...

Flora2006

#29 Post by Flora2006 »

Great pictures! Your teeth are looking straighter. :)

~~~~~~

belmikry

#30 Post by belmikry »

thanks flora2006! :D
here's hoping that incisor justs squeezes its way through- I had a dream that it just popped in front over night >_<