Raspberry's Story(with Pics) Updated- May 30th/08

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Raspberry

#16 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm glad you guys see it too! That means I'm not crazy... :lol:

Raspberry

#17 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm glad you guys see it too! That means I'm not crazy... :lol:

kel

#18 Post by kel »

Hi,

that defintely looks like movement to me. The wire on the front teeth looks much straighter and the teeth by the side of them look like they have really moved forward!!

Good luck with the rest of your braces journey

Raspberry

#19 Post by Raspberry »

March 21 - 1st Adjustment
I went yesterday to my first adjustment. I was really excited, because I thought that it would mean loads of progress to come.

I got in, the assistant removed my ligs, and wire ties, then my ortho came over to take a look. He checked things out and told her to put in a new wire, attatched to the back. I was kinda disapointed. I wanted to hear: "great progress", or "things are going great", and what I really wanted to hear was "lets close up those gaps". But the assistant told me that before they close the gaps they have to make it so all the brackets line up, and the wire sits perfectly in the slots on the brackets, and then they would close the gaps and start pulling the teeth back into position :(

I'm pretty disapointed, but I understand that they have to do things one step at a time.

I picked Screaming Pink ligs for my bottom teeth, and a fresh set of clear ligs for the top, it was pretty painful getting the new ligs put on, but it didn't take long at all.

I'll post a new pic of my Pink ligs as soon as I can.

My next adjustment is in 5 Weeks.

belmikry

#20 Post by belmikry »

isn't that the worst? my ortho and assistants didn't say anything to me about how much progress i've made- and it's really a bummer- it makes you think that nothing is moving- but i promise you- it is! I think its because they aren't comparing your teeth to progress pictures like we are that the suttle changes aren't as noticable- or they are just not in tune with how long it seems to wait to go to the next appointment- booo ortho's- booo :? ...

ohhh pink ligs? I bet that looks fantastic! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Raspberry

#21 Post by Raspberry »

I don't think the wire is anything stronger or thicker than the old one. It's just that the old one only went to my first premolar, and not to the molar bands because they were leaving the space open for the extraction of my 2nd premolars.

Raspberry

#22 Post by Raspberry »

Here are some comparison pics from 2 days before my braces, and yesterday. I think things are looking a lot better.
Notice the Screaming Pink Ligs... I :heart: em!

Feb 5 -
March 26 -

Feb 5 -
March 26-

Feb 5 -
March 26 -

Feb 5-
March 26-

And last but not least.. I'm gonna eat you!

CLAmom

#23 Post by CLAmom »

Such wonderful changes, your teeth look terrific already. Thank you for posting these pictures. It's very inspiring. :-**

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Raspberry

#24 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks guys for the feedback. I didn't notice it so much until I looked at the pictures, it's more the archs that are changing, but I love that because it was my archs that had me worried, since the bottom one was so narrow. I'm still worried about the gaps closing, and how things will line up and fit, but I have a lot of confidence in my ortho.... I'm convinced already that he knows exactly what he's doing!

What an interesting process Orthodontia is!

Flora2006

#25 Post by Flora2006 »

looking great Rasberry!! :D

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Raspberry

#26 Post by Raspberry »

April 25th - 2nd Adjustment
All I can say is OWWW! :lol:
I went in and sat in one of the chairs (My orthos office has 4 chairs in a large room, devided by half walls). Dr. J came over right away and took a look. He jokingly asks me "So are these things working or what?", he then told me that things are going great, and my teeth are really moving. *YAY* :D
I got a new wire on top, he said what thickness it was, but I don't remember... the assistant just told me that it was slighly stronger than the last one.
I chose Metallic Purple Ligs for the bottom, and Clear ligs for my tops. and for the first time I don't have metal ties on my bottom laterals anymore... I'm so happy because they were scratching up my bottom lip and causing me a lot of grief!
The bottom laterals are now attatched directly to the archwire, the ortho called this "Engaging"...how romantic. About a few hours after my appointment my bottom arch hurt A LOT! I looked in the mirrow and saw that one of the laterals has come into alignment in the arch! 1 wayward lateral down 3 to go :P My new obsession is running my tongue along the back of those teeth, cause it feels so cool that they are in a line!
I'll post pictures soon!
My teeth are really hurting, but I'm getting excited because things are really starting to move!

Flora2006

#27 Post by Flora2006 »

Rasberry - your teeth really are moving fast!! Your pictures show SO much movement.

I do the same thing as you!! I LOVE running my tongue through the front of my top teeth all the way to my canine that is almost in its alignment...it used to be WAY in the back...it feels so weird that the canine is practically where its suppose to be.

I hope you won't be in too much pain for too long but hey, you are getting movement already!! I wish my teeth moved as fast as yours!!!! :)

Keep us posted and good for you for getting new wires and all. Your ortho sounds like a great guy with a nice sense of humor. :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Raspberry

#28 Post by Raspberry »

KK- Thanks for the reply! I actually thought of you when I picked the Purple Ligs :D

Flora-My teeth feel pretty good today, just a bit sore when I try to brush or eat. I'll be fine :)

Raspberry

#29 Post by Raspberry »

Ok, here they are... progress pics! Notice the Lower laterals came into line :D and the Metallic Purple Ligs!
ImageImage

jennandtonic

#30 Post by jennandtonic »

I can definitely see changes from the beginning to now, your teeth are looking great!

You'll start working on those gaps before you know it. Has your ortho told you if he's using powerchains (those are like a miracle!)?