Sarah's story! Updated 11 Oct 2007 - I'm half naked YIPPEE!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jenfire

#151 Post by jenfire »

Your teeth are looking great! :D That's some amazing movement!
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

sjsarre

#152 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks so much for your comments... I'm so glad that i've seen such progress in the short space of time i've had my braces on.... I keep willing them to move so maybe its my subconscious moving them along... :D

I went out for a meal last night and actually smiled for the camera... It was a first!!!! So I had to share the photo with you because for the first time EVER I actually felt no need to cover my mouth or pout!!

sjsarre

#153 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks Ken... :D

I felt so at ease smiling for the first time, it was great!!!

samantha_lou

#154 Post by samantha_lou »

Thats a great photo Sarah, with a fantastic smile. In fact, I don't even think your braces are noticable in that photo - it just looks like you are smiling with perfectly straight teeth!

You've had great progress so far, and you are really going to have an amazing smile by the time you're done. I am quite envious!!! :D

p.s. I love your hair colour. Last week I just cut off my really long blonde hair and dyed it a very dark brown!!

joney

#155 Post by joney »

Sarah

You look fantastic and your smile is great.

Regards
Joney

sjsarre

#156 Post by sjsarre »

Just a quick update... As of today my toothy pegs are now NOT painful anymore after the adjustment, which means I can use my electric toothbrush on full power...

The movement has been so dramatic this adjustment so I can understand and deal with the pain a bit better..

I'm glad i've got another 5 weeks before my next adjustment!!

:D

antsika

#157 Post by antsika »

Hi Sarah, your movements are really amazing!!! :thumbsup:
Sorry for that huge pain but it was worth it!
Congrats on your progress! And thanks for sharing that picture you have a very nice smile on it!

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

sjsarre

#158 Post by sjsarre »

Ha I spoke TOO soon.....

All of a sudden today my front two are painful again... Its strange how the pain subsides and then all of a sudden its back again... Must mean that they are still on the move since the adjustment and supports the two week theory that some other members have said they see in their treatment..

Never mind.. Its all good!

sjsarre

#159 Post by sjsarre »

Just thought I would do another update as i've seen quite alot of progress in the past two weeks...

These are the comparisons, week 2 to week 23 to week 25...

I think i've made some awesome progress... Even if I do say so myself :D :D
Last edited by sjsarre on Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sjsarre

#160 Post by sjsarre »

p.s. I love your hair colour. Last week I just cut off my really long blonde hair and dyed it a very dark brown!!
Sorry just noticed this part of your post.. Thanks Samantha_lou.. I've always played around with the colours in my hair, probably best to say which colours I haven't had than the ones I have :lol:

SDFD TSchott

#161 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Awesome Picture, glad you finally smile for a photo for the first time :) Goodluck to more pictures.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

newmetal

#162 Post by newmetal »

Hey Sjsarre,

Ive never noticed you on here before today, your teeth are looking good! Wickid that you felt confident enough for the 1st time to smile in the pic. I have a similar problem to what you use to have (the crowding), one tooth sticking out on the upper arch and one sticking to far in behind the sticky out tooth. Although, the outward tooth is getting pushed back in slightly, the tooth that was hidden is getting pushed further and further back...did this happen to you before they were sorted?
Whats your predicted treatment time, as you have made such speedy progress so far!

Peace out
Newmetal

sjsarre

#163 Post by sjsarre »

Hey Sjsarre,

Although, the outward tooth is getting pushed back in slightly, the tooth that was hidden is getting pushed further and further back...did this happen to you before they were sorted?
Whats your predicted treatment time, as you have made such speedy progress so far!
Hi Newmetal

Yes I think if you look back at my photo's and posts I mentioned that I found I was looking like bugs bunny at one point. My two laterals were initially pushed further back and my teeth definately looked worse up until say month four when they started making good progress...

The Ortho says there isn't a huge amount of adjusting left on the top other than closing up the remainder of my extraction gaps which I would say are about 3mm and just some final straightning and pulling in at the front. He says I should expect the tops to be as straight as they are going to get by January.

The bottoms are a bit of a different matter and will take a little longer to straighten. There is still one tooth that is so rotated he hasn't been able to get a bracket on it yet. The Ortho is hopeful that either the next adjustment or the December adjustment a bracket should be placed on and then its all systems go.

With regards to treatment time, it was difficult to predict because you never know how quickly your teeth are going to move. I was told 18-24 months and now i've had 14-16 months as a suggestion. But as i'm only at 6.5 months and I don't have any real bite issues i'm hopeful that it might be around the 12 month mark which would be awesome :D :D

I'll ask the Ortho at my November adjustment what he thinks my expected time will be. It seems to change from adjustment to adjustment.

I'm not sure if its made any difference but i've eaten a whole load of dairy products since I had my brace put on.. It was suggested that the more calcium I took in the more it would aid my treatment. Also i've been doing those lip clenching exercises that someone else posted on this forum. It definately seems to have made a difference, but then again, I guess you can never tell!

sjsarre

#164 Post by sjsarre »

Hi Sarah;
That truely is some awesome progress! :-#)
I remember in the beginning of your journey how tough a time you were having :x . Now it is really starting to pay off after all. Congrats for making it through and your teethies are really looking much better. When are you going to be brave enough now to get some color for your ligs?

Your getting there! Yaaa! Ken. 8)
I know I am tempted Ken, but with my work, I don't think it would be appreciated... You know lots of meetings etc etc etc....

If I had a month off work for holidays and it was around an adjustment then I would have some really bright ones!!

Lisa65

#165 Post by Lisa65 »

I've not looked at your blog before Sarah, but I'm amazed at the progress your teeth have made, and your smile looks lovely. :D Once you see results like that, the pain and discomfort seem more worthwhile. If you manage to get done in 12-14 months that will be amazing.

I have a crooked lateral like yours were, and although I won't get my top front teeth braced until my molars have been distalized, seeing your pics has made me feel really optimistic that once I finally do get those brackets on, then results will soon follow.

I feel more inspired now, having looked at your pics!