Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

belmikry

#166 Post by belmikry »

thanks kiwi~ :)

yeah- he seemed very ho=hum about how much i use them, but did mention "the more i use it, the quicker it'll come!" so alas- I promise to wear it as much as possible- although I have to shout out orders at work- hopefully it doesn't hurt too much :( ....

really, even when you're eating? my little brochure on elastics 101 says to "never wear them eating" I wonder if its a specific for type 3's then? i'm curious now :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

jennandtonic

#167 Post by jennandtonic »

What a great appointment! And I would say the news and treatment you got at this appointment definitely makes up for your bad experiences before, wouldn't you? :lol:

That's amazing, only approximately six more months! That must be a great feeling, belmikry. And we will look forward to those pictures.

florencegal

#168 Post by florencegal »

congrats belmikry on such a great appointment jam-packed full of good news! Wow - you'll really be done in 6 months? That's fantastic - even though you've been sooo positive about your treatment all the way through, no doubt you'll be glad nevertheless to go naked! Feeling your joy right now :-*

At my first consultation with the ortho she was also very honest that she didn't think I'd get the two arches perfectly aligned - I really appreciated her being straight with me and didn't think it was too much of a big deal. After all, what's a little 1 or 2mm misalignment when the rest of your smile is perfect?!

Can't wait to see the progress pics - you keep us all on the edge of our seats!

belmikry

#169 Post by belmikry »

man- anyone have hints on elastics and numbing the pain [sigh]

apparently I woke up in the middle of the night and took mine off! [ :shock: ] without even realizing it- because it sure wasn't in my mouth in the morning- and it was definately on my bathroom sink :P...

I'm so glad I didn't get my bottom wire changed- because today is a pretty sore day on my tops- especially my incisor and canine- where the elastic was :( ... hopefully I wont have to talk too much at work today [sigh] ....

I got my friend to take some pictures- hopefully she'll send them to me tomorrow :)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

todddutton

#170 Post by todddutton »

Kim.

I found that when I had the rubber bands at first, the teeth where the bands were attached hurt quite a bit. I would usually drink something cold. That would release some of the pressure. But the pain only lasted a couple of days. I will say the pain comes back time to time.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Good luck with your rubber bands.

Best, TD

hannah164

#171 Post by hannah164 »

Belmikry!

I totally feel your pain with the rubber bands! I just got mine yesterday! I have one on the right side running across 3 teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom! Its so hard to open my mouth with it! It hurts so bad! I took mine off at 7am when I went to the bathroom although I don't remember doing it! :lol: I've found it really hard to talk with it and I love to talk! I have to go volunteer at the hospital tonight and I'm kind of worried about wearing it!

Congratulations on the great news that you only have less than 6 months to go! Totally jealous! I don't think my ortho even plans to guess when I'll finally be done! :roll: Can't wait to see some pics!

Good luck and hope we both adjust to our elastics soon!

~hAnnah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

belmikry

#172 Post by belmikry »

thanks Todd and Hannah- I can't believe I took them out without knowing! :shock: I feel so bad! o_0...

it's somewhat better today- i', just so glad I didn't change my bottom wire too :( .. ouch...

I think something nice and soft tonight for supper ^_^' ....

swiss1

#173 Post by swiss1 »

That's fantastic news Kim! Let the countdown begin!! +\+

belmikry

#174 Post by belmikry »

ok- finally was able to take pictures! :D

so this is officially my 7 month comparison shots! [again, so sorry for the massive 3 month delay :P ] ...

JAN 30th 2006

TODAY: August 30/2006

not bad huh? :D

Image Image

Image Image

may I say I am throughoutly impressed by my movement- although I find the pictures misleading! :P ... I can feel the imperfections in my mouth, but when I look at the pictures- I don't see them :roll:

Image Image

note the right side- alignment still off- but getting better in comparison to the pic on the right- from May 2006.... below is the Jan 2006 initials

...you may also the pics of the new elastic!

pic of may 2006- the gap is closing- almost :) also, notice the other hooks on my last bracket- I wonder if i'll have to use those too one day? o_0... no wonder my mouth gets sore there :P

I've also noticed less of an inwards 'bend' on the top right side wire- it's hard to tell in these pics, but maybe that means my overbite is working it's way out :)
Last edited by belmikry on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

KJNELLAMORE

#175 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

just gorgeous! wow! you must be thrilled! :lol:

belmikry

#176 Post by belmikry »

yes- I am thrilled :) but- I'm more thrilled that I'm not done, because I can feel the problem areas soooo easily in my mouth!

my front tooth is still somewhat crooked- I can feel my right one unferneath my front at the base near the gumline- the incisor as well roatated slightly- my canine isn't 'down' far enough yet, and the teeth following that on my right still need to be pushed out and re-align so I can bite down! told you before I couldn't close my mouth right- lol :lol: now it makes sense to me seeig the pics- the edges hit eachother o_0 :shock:

Kiwi: I know! the first quick glance looks awesome- then I notice all of the little things :wink: ... my biggest concern is bringing down my right side, and fixing that misalignment with my front teeth [although he says it will never be perfect- but we'll see how far we can go with this elastic! ;) :D ....

swiss1

#177 Post by swiss1 »

Congratulations Kim! Your teeth look amazing :-* , and in such a short space of time! Gives me hope my incisor will move out just as smoothly as yours - I go for my xrays and moulds tomorrow...very excited!

Keep the pictures coming, it's so great to see the updates.

Leslie022

#178 Post by Leslie022 »

This is so exciting!!! We'll both be getting our braces off early!! :) Woowhoo!

Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jennandtonic

#179 Post by jennandtonic »

Goodness, Belmikry, that movement is AMAZING! Your orthodontist is right, you look pretty close to done! Not that there isn't still work to do, but look at that PROGRESS!

:jump:

belmikry

#180 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys- :)

I agree- it looks good, but there's much more work to go! :)

leslie: that has to be by far the most uproariously energetic reply ever given in our forum- :lol: awesome! :D

PS: I forgot to mention I was a bridesmaid this weekend! :)
I totally smiled the largest smiles ever known to man for the pictures- I was sooo happy for my friend and also proud to flaunt off my once-hidden smile! :)