Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Eleni

#181 Post by Eleni »

may I say I am throughoutly impressed by my movement- although I find the pictures misleading! :P ... I can feel the imperfections in my mouth, but when I look at the pictures- I don't see them :roll:
Great progress!!!! I completely understand the whole "it feels off" even though the pictures look fab. At least you didn't stare at you pictures forever and try to line things up graphically to spot the problems (like I did :oops: with mine). You are getting there and you have had so many positives chages to keep you going.

Sounds like the wedding was fun. I hope the bridesmaid dress was decent.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

SDFD TSchott

#182 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I just have to say! AWESOME RESULTS! Well I guess I have less then 1 day brace free then I plung into the world of braces

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

belmikry

#183 Post by belmikry »

thanks for stopping by Eleni! yes, it's very true- I remember pre-braces coming on here and seeing the posts about 'minor' imperfections and just wishing my teeth could look even remotely as good as theirs at that point- now that I'm here I realize the journey is definately not over ;)

welcome, SDFD TSchott!! tomorrow huh? that's fantastic! congrats on starting your braces journey- and remember to keep us posted! :D
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

SDFD TSchott

#184 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Don't worry I will keep you all posted, and I will even update my blog on http://sdfd-tschott.blogspot.com/ updated when I start treatment!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

belmikry

#185 Post by belmikry »

thanks kiwi- i can't wait to see the pictures! :)

I also wanted to mention that alot of people have messaged me about damon 3's and how they look on someone- being that online its hard to find pics and the ones that they show you at the ortho's are small/possibly edited/etc... and since the close up's are always well... close UP... you never see the face :P ... so I thought just to save time and the like I would post one for you :)

so I thought I'd show you what they look like when you smile- sure you can see the bottom half and the wire- but yes, the top of the brackets are clear- meaning with a regular smile you can't [really] see them from afar... or they are less noticable.

and from farther away tey aren't even apparent
ignore the last one- lol... its from the wedding i was at- but notice you can't see them? no brilliant reflection from the flash? :P[/url]
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

jennielee81

#186 Post by jennielee81 »

Aw, so pretty!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

jennandtonic

#187 Post by jennandtonic »

I'm just now able to see your progress pics, and I must say...wow! How thrilling!

I bet it is really encouraging to be in the last half of your journey, congratulations on your progress, Kim!

Also, that wedding picture is too cute, lol.

jennandtonic

#188 Post by jennandtonic »

double post, oops!

Flora2006

#189 Post by Flora2006 »

Amazing progress Kim. Your teeth look awesome :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#190 Post by Leslie022 »

Kim, you weren't anywhere near that horrible event at that Canadian school yesterday, were you???
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

belmikry

#191 Post by belmikry »

no i wasn't very sad wasn't it? I heard about it in the newspaper that day- scarry o_o... I'm in Ontario, that was the next province down

belmikry

#192 Post by belmikry »

Adjustment Day- September 22nd

New wire on top arch again- this is the third wire change on top in 3 months- eppp! o_o ... I guess my bottoms are behaving, because they hahven't endured anything since i moved back :P

I have a bend in the wire near the original impacted incisor- apparently my incisor was a tad too eager and came down a bit too far, and don an angle? :lol: .. whatever- at least it's there right? :lol: so alas, hopefully that will help out

my front teeth are still overlapped at the tips too- hopefully this bend will help out there- last time they put it there it worked for a month- then the bend mjisaligned and i haven't heard much about it- now its back to being kinda crooked [mostly my right side is crampedtilting inwards]

elastics seem to be helping- although i've notice if i forget [opps! :D] to put one on one day, it's like starting all over again! I wonder how long the effects afterwards will last? I swear I've noticed it almost go from perfect alignment bck to square one in 5 hours o_0.... weird jaw, I know :P

hopefully I'll have pictures up soon :)- here's to less pain from this wire! :)

belmikry

8th month comparison pictures

#193 Post by belmikry »

well after finally caving in- i bought a camera- :P

my apologies for the horrendous colours- apparently I need to figure out the macro settings on this puppy- :P

comparison shot: last month- beginning of elastic mayhem. I guess they are working! :)
as you can see, gappy is still here- note that the side views are as follows:
top: right side [impacted side]
bottom: left side- the 'good side'
I have noticed a shift on my left side though in between a few teeth!! I hope this goes away :( ...

note the newest upper arch wire- with the kink for fixing the alignment of my incisor- apparently it was a tad too eager to push itself out and went to far ^_^' ...

I promise my teeth aren't this YELLOW[/img]

Leslie022

#194 Post by Leslie022 »

Break out the teeth whitening! Just kidding!

Your teeth are looking great!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

newmetal

#195 Post by newmetal »

Your teeth are looking wickid!