Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

#196 Post by Tin Indian »

Looking GOOD Kim!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

belmikry

#197 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys- I hope these elastics work fast! :)

I've noticed a weird downward slope on my lowers the front image finally really shows it- .. :( hopefully they will try and fix that as well... - it's always been there, although I haven't heard anything about it for quite sometime... and they haven't changed that wire in over 3 months :P

i guess i'll have to check it out on the 20th [next appt.] :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

belmikry

Adjustment day- oct 20th 2006

#198 Post by belmikry »

ADJUSTMENT DAY: OCT 20th 2006
Not much done today, no wire changes [for once! lol :D] but I DID get my first powerchain- looks like a gap has come from the kink to fill in the incisor- lets hope it goes away soon! :) I hope it doesn't reverse my progress in my aliginment on the right side though, since it seems to be placed to push the other way? anyone have the same thing going on or feedback? It just seems counter productive :P

still using elastics- ran out two nights ago so hopefully my bite isn't too off because of it :( it was looking so good too! :)

here's some images:[comparisons underneath new pics]

Today: OCT 20th 2006
August:
Top:
August:
the pesky side with all my problems:
August:
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

belmikry

#199 Post by belmikry »

linda21: thanks for stoppin' by- and that makes me feel a ton better! :) It seems to be workign out so far, especially since I've been a good girl with my elastic and haven't taken it out :) [usually i'm a tad easy going on putting it in if you catch my drift]

bends in the wires are interesting- the one I had in between my front teeth was used to push them away from eachother, so I'm thinking this was the idea for the incisor- to push it back into alignment- apparently it had come down too far? [shrugs] unfortunately my ortho and assistants aren't very good at explaining things- it usually ends up with alot of hand gestures and the like :P

isn't that weird? its the same wire and yet it looks more pronounced- weird weird wire o_o... I have no idea what this thing is doing, but whatever it is, it seems to be a good thing :P [fingers crossed]

bracedagain:
well, I don't really know if it hurts- lol. since my wire wasn't changed, I can tell you any of the pressure in my mouth [which at this point I'm feeling] is from the powerchain- it doesn't hurt, it just feels interesting, as if it's pushing all of my teeth at once, almost making them feel like dentures o_o... but I gotta admit it isn't as painful as I first thought, but i'm thinking its because they didn't change any wires- I can't imagine if they did- ouch! i'm sure it'll be fine fo ryou too- it does really clear that gap though- later this week i'll post pictures :)

tulip

#200 Post by tulip »

Hello Belmikry, Just dropped in to see how you've come along and those teeth look great. Too bad about your ortho crew not been such great communicators - it makes it hard as a patient, but hopefully they know what they're doing (that's the main thing) despite the fact that they can't explain it too well!!!!

Jillianleab

#201 Post by Jillianleab »

Wow, belmikry, your teeth look fantastic!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, I bet that powerchain will do wonders!

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

belmikry

powerchains!

#202 Post by belmikry »

a promise is a promise! :)

comparison pics- powerchain a week later :O

Louise

#203 Post by Louise »

Hey belmikry. Your teeth are looking really good, you must be so pleased. :jump:

belmikry

#204 Post by belmikry »

bracedagain: unfortunately, I didn't have a choice- by the time I notice that indeed the weird holey elastic thing was indeed going on my teeth, I couldn't request anything else [shrugs] thankfully I'm not a huge tomato or spicy food eater, so it's managed to only be slightly stained- a nice brushing at night helps as well.
Coloured would be fun tho- oh well, it would look a tad funny since the powerchain isn't on all of my visible front teeth and i have no ligatures to begin with :P

linda21: thanks! ;) too bad I forgot to reapply my elastic last night beofre bed [or rather took it out for something and forgot to apply another] and once again it went back slightly- [sigh] I really got to stop doing that.. maybe placing an alarm on my brackets so the minute its off it rudely goes off until I replace another one? :lol:

Meryaten and Lousie: yeah I know! one thing i'm worried about is after all of this great movement when i stop wearin ght eelastic, will it just pop back into it's old comfy spot? o_0... my ortho mentioned this sometimes happens- hopefully my bite will hold them in :(

sjsarre

#205 Post by sjsarre »

Excellent pics.... Great progress you must be very happy!

:D

chillin-in-grilz

Wow

#206 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

The more stories i read, the more anxious I get. I been waiting for years to get braces, Still have to wait 2 motnhs but time is flying by fast!
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

jennandtonic

#207 Post by jennandtonic »

Your progress has been AMAZING, Miss Kim! Sorry I've been so remiss about commenting, hopefully you'll forgive me!

That elastic/powerchain combo worked wonders on you! Lookin' good! :D

belmikry

#208 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys! :)

jenn dont worry about it! thanks for stopping by! too bad I always forget to put the bloody thing on at night sometimes, then the alignment goes right back to square one >_> :P

tomorrow is my birthday :O going to school, then working on an essay [sounds fun huh?] but alas- optimism- next appointment is on friday and hopefully they can take my stupid bloue lifter out this time! this thing has been wedged forEVER and as i quote: "can come out the minute my incisor moved"

when was that? oh yes- 5 months ago :P

and to make it even more annoying, its only on one side :P

....oooh braces >_<

chillin-in-grilz

Hi

#209 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Did the blue things work
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

sneakers321

#210 Post by sneakers321 »

Hello, belmikry!

Instead of getting ready for work this morning, I have read your story, and I am most heartened by your progress. I myself have some wayward teeth hiding in places they shouldn't be, and how exciting it is to see that littlt tooth come out of hiding!
Congratulations on your progress, and I will continue to watch them fall into the right places like good little soldiers.
:D