OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

#211 Post by iBorg »

Miss Smiley:
I'm deeply concerned about your mental well being. :oops: Of course I really enjoy your writing which calls my sanity into question.

Have you thought of having them set into a necklace?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Miss Smiley

#212 Post by Miss Smiley »

Have my teeth set into a necklace? In my head it just seems so wrong. I can't bear to alter them from their honest state. They're still teeth, whether or not they are in my mouth or not. How would one feel if they were ripped away from their home and made into something new. This reminds me of a history lesson. *sigh* Oh darn, I forgot I had an ortho appointment later today. SHOOT!!!!!!! Plans have changed once again!

But in regards to turing my precious teeth into a necklace, I shall have to decline. For in ones true state, can one see true beauty.

FYI iBorg - I worry about my mental well being too.
Last edited by Miss Smiley on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

metalmom

#213 Post by metalmom »

goodness Smiley... I go away for a week or so and come back and you've cracked up on me. lol Let's just say I love my teeth too.. but my Mr. Wisdom got a good cussing when he finally made his departure. He and I were not on good terms. haha

I'm pumped for you on the Waterpik. Now that I'm expander-less on the top I get mine and go squirt crazy all over the roof of my mouth. I still remember the first time I used this one I sprayed all over the mirror, up my nose, I was a mess. It's a lot more powerful then what I had expected.

Hope your appt went well!! Cant wait to hear all about it. Give all the toofies a big "hey ya'll!" from me!

metalmom

#214 Post by metalmom »

geez.... I totally forgot to say........

YOUR TEETH ARE FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

They're beautiful! So white, so straight, so PRETTY!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Miss Smiley

#215 Post by Miss Smiley »

So, I got a spacer put in to separate my lower left 5 and 6. 6 will be banded since the stupid bond wouldn't stick. I have another appointment for my adjustment and molar band this coming Tuesday. I'm already prepared to tell them to push in the cleats just so I don't have any difficulties when I get home. I'm assuming the cleats won't be needed since I was intended to only have bonded molar tubes. Again, I will be getting CLEAR ligs... not very many choices for me after that stupid reaction. I was looking forward to all the holidays coming up too.

Metalmom - I wish my teeth were half as nice as people in the same time frame as me. But thank you :D Also, I'm glad you didn't drown trying to get your Waterpik into your mouth! I'm kind of sad my Mister wisdom didn't put up a fight but then I also got to keep him whole.

Andantae

#216 Post by Andantae »

Hey Ms Smiley!

Too bad about the band. Any chance it was a crown that they were trying to bond to? Crowns are tricky to bond, I guess. They had trouble with one of mine, too.

I LOVE iBorg's :idea: idea :idea: of setting your teeth into a necklace!!! That way you could keep them next to your heart at all times! It wouldn't compromise the integrity of Mr Wisdom at all. They would merely be 'set' into place, like they 'set' other, less rare and precious precious gems. ~Or perhaps a locket? :wink:

At any rate, I wonder if a wisdom tooth as cherished as your yours doesn't deserve a more endearing and personal name than, 'Mr. Wisdom Tooth'? It sounds a little 'generic' and you wouldn't want to hurt his fillings even if he isn't as sensitive as he once was!

Eeyuu. Lame. Sorry.
Andi
I must go congratulate iBorg's genius now....
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Miss Smiley

#217 Post by Miss Smiley »

Andi - Hahaha Mister Wisdom, is my endearing name for him. My two betta fish were named Fishey 1 and Fishey 2. My dog that I named is named dog, and my other dog was my brother's and already came with a name. If I had a cat, I would probably name it kitten, kitty, or cat. People tend to personify their pets with people names. I believe in just keeping it honest. Oh and the molar is a crown but no biggie anymore, the band is on and I can't even feel it!

On to my adjustment from yesterday. WOW, was it an adjustment! Same 18x25 wires on upper and lower. I got the molar band and it was a perfect fit on the first try! I didn't even have to ask the cleats to be pushed in, apparantly, she'd already done it! I didn't even realize the band was seated! Whoa boy, then I heard Ortho say "Put a Koby on right 2." Then I got worried... The assistant proceeds to put a Kobayashi hook on my right lateral, while she's tying it up she walks away and leaves me with two antennae like wires hanging out. Of course I had to say "Wait, is this part of my punishment or a new type of radio wave treatment?" She turns around and laughs "You can make it into part of your halloween costume!!" We both have a good laugh. She comes back and clips the wires down. Then I feel the full set of powerchains for both arches go on. She then hands me a mirror and says "Have you worn rubberbands before?" Me "No, is this going to make me sore? I was going to have a Snickers bar when I left the office, I'm starving." The assistant looking puzzled "You're kidding right?" Me "No, really I'm starving and I even have it in my purse right now." Assistant "You aren't supposed to have those!!! But as long as you brush well, it's okay. Try not to eat too many of them or else I'll have to tell on you." Me "okay , fine, but I've been drinking a ton of water with my sodas, doesn't that make it better?" Assistant "OMG! How many other rules are you breaking?" Me "hahahaha, not many, but you couldn't tell could you?!" Assistant "Just be sure to brush well and often." Me "I will, don't worrry!"

Now back to the elastics, I have it going from the upper right lateral to the lower right 7, I believe it is a class II elastic. I have the 3m Bummer, I think it's 3/16" heavy. Not fun! That's what I get for making fun of my real life brace buddy and using her elastics to go clubbing in vegas! It's pretty darn tight and makes it really hard to talk at all with it in. I was told if my teeth shifted to help correct my midline, rubberbands for maybe only 3 weeks. We'll just see. I'll post pics later as my other half has my camera.

Miss Smiley

#218 Post by Miss Smiley »

Karen - You're so thoughtful to always be reminding us how to be comfortable. I have been drinking tons of water, trying to minimize irritation from the latex bands. I'm allergic, but so far, just a tiny bit of irritation. My ortho's office didn't have any non-latex elastics so as long as my mouth doesn't break out, I will use these.

This morning I woke up and hardly noticed the rubberband. I hope that this is an indication of how smoothly these bands will work. The premolar extraction gap on my upper right is almost closed. Now if the lower right would cooperate that would be great!

danish

#219 Post by danish »

nice pics and great looking teeth :D
I also have those gaps in these side due to extraction. Can't wait for them to start closing. You must be happy. I know that I will be :wink:

Danish

Andantae

#220 Post by Andantae »

Sounds like you are speeding right along with your treatment, Ms Smiley!
Glad to hear that your elastic is for such a short duration, and that the latex seems not to be an issue :)
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Miss Smiley

#221 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hahaha just as I thought that elastics weren't going to be a bother, they've decided to cause trouble! I've started up with the loss of appetite and the funny rash around my mouth again. Luckily no swelling but when I stopped in for a bag of non-latex elastics, they said they didn't have any. I'll have to call again and see if I should discontinue using them. Wonderful, another hiccup in treatment.

Andi - Too bad I'm not speeding fast enough to get a ticket from the teeth police.

Seriously - Geez, I wish my orthodontic journey was less eventful.

Danish - Gaps closing would be better with less problems of getting them closed.

Karen - We all have our own ways to be reminded.

empire11

#222 Post by empire11 »

I'm forever fascinated by those awesome white teeth! They're coming along great. The gaps have closed in so quickly and the arches are rounding out nicely too. Your posts have me laughing out loud...if only those assistants knew the half of the rules you were breaking, they'd be horrified. Hope you got that rash situation cleared up quickly and back to your normal self.

Miss Smiley

#223 Post by Miss Smiley »

Kiwi - Thanks for checking in!

Empire - I think they do know all the rules I break, one day I went in and said "Can I brush first? I was eating cashews and peanuts at work and didn't get a chance to brush before coming in."

Latest news...

My teeth are moving or something because every time I get the wire cut, by the time the 5th day comes around, it's KILLING ME AGAIN! I can't go a whole month without having at least 2 wire cut appointments! Good news, my upper right gap is closing mighty quickly. The lower right is coming in at third place, I can't get my tongue in it anymore but the bristles on the proxabrush and can get both sides of the gap in one swipe. The rubberbands aren't such a nuisance anymore, but I will bring up the latex sensitivity and ask them to have non-latex ones for the next appointment in the event that my adjustment next week is equally as eventful as the past ones. I'm glad that my faithful wearing of these rubberbands have indeed helped my midline. Amazing, one day they were just little rubberbands to fling at the other half while changing them out. Now, they're little magic bands, giving me the midline I've only seen on brochures in dental offices.

Miss Smiley

#224 Post by Miss Smiley »

My November adjustment was yesterday and it was quick. Same rubberband even though my midline has corrected, my jaw doesn't want to stay in the new position. No powerchains on the bottom, just clear o-rings. Darn, I should have gone with a color on the bottom ligs but I thought I was getting powerchains. Nothing really new happened and the ortho was poking fun of the fact that my parents are bugging me to get married and move out of the house. He said "Perfect timing, you'll get your braces off just in time to get married!" As he was securing te powerchain to my uppers, I was trying not to laugh too hard.

Miss Smiley

#225 Post by Miss Smiley »

I want to go naked already! My cousin just got her braces off and they look great, once again! She just had her surgery in the summer and her braces came off the day before my adjustment. When I was sitting in the treatment area, I overheard a girl saying "Can I get colored retainers?" The assistant "Yeah, but the colored ones are $30 more." Then the girl had to go ask her mom. Shoot, I would pay the $30, well easy for me to say since I'm the one paying. But yeah, I asked my cousin if she got colored retainers but he said no, she was too worried about having had the lower centrals' roots cut during her genioplasty. She has to have a root canal and crowns put on. I could barely notice the color change but she seems to think it is so drastic that everyone in the world will notice she has a full mouth of grey teeth or something. I think her teeth look great and I would be jealous to be in her shoes.