Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

florencegal

#211 Post by florencegal »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kim! Sounds like you've had a great one! :-V :-)o :-88

Sorry I've not checked in on your story for a while - I've been too wrapped up in beginning my own teeth saga that I've neglected other things! As usual I'm left truly gobsmacked by your progress and can only hope I see such good results in such quick time (especially the little hidden lateral incisor, it's strange how common they seem to be around here. Pesky devils! :evil:) Great to see how effective that power chain is, it's really earning its keep in there.

Here's to a great year to come when you'll unveil your perfect smile - and to remembering to put your elastics in! :wink:

p.s. your appointments seem to be coming really close together - is this because you're in the "fine tweaking" stages?

x

belmikry

My Tooth Feels Hollow!

#212 Post by belmikry »

ADJUSTMENT: NOVEMBER 17th-2006:
not too much new here- got a new top wire [again- now 4 months since bottoms were touched- is this a good thing? :P]
and the torque was put higher- expecting pain tonight!

I finally asked to get my blue cement lifter removed, which turned into a gong show with a sander and trying to pry it out- after 25 min or so we decided to just file it down until it was close enough to the teeth, and it still wouldn't come out :P but it is nice to actually feel my tooth- like I said in the subject title, it feels hollow- i'm so used to having this big lifter thingy on one side :P

I also got rid of my powerchain- she said there was no more reason for it now that my incisor has behaved [somewhat] and if i need it by next appointment i'll put it back on... she was also conserned about the placement of the bracket on my incisor- and as i suspected it is somewhat angled incorrectly- [hah! i knew it! :P i thought i was going crazy 0_o...]
but instead of putting it back on, the ortho told her he would worry about that more after he's done tweeking and more when he's worried about alignment- more time perhaps? [sigh]... oh well- let's get them as perfect as we can I say- no point spending all of this money just to have them off earlier and go back :P

I also finally was able to get a better picture of the 'wonky' teeth on my right side- if you look at the picture of just my tops [second image] you'll see much more imperfections than what i can usually show you with arch pictures... see how on my right [your left] the back teeth angleoutwards? that really screws up my bite, and is my biggedst concern to fix- you can also see the tooth after my canine is also inwards still, which the farthest point of the tooth always grinds against my bottoms- [sigh] one day it'll move - one day- he's a stubborn boy this one- as well as my back wisdom tooth- apparently he's really wonky and doesn't like to listen to me too much :P

anyways- good progress since last time i think- i'm overall happy with the movement from the elastic on my right side [notice less of a gap? soon soon! :) if only those back teeth would behave, it would be great :) although i swear that gap on my left side between my top and bottom gets bigger everytime- ieeee o_o...

also: i think i have two different sized front teeth- I keep looking and looking- one just seems BIG o_o.. no wonder they aren't straight :P

Picture Time! 9 3/4 months in Braces
smile: 11-17-2006: no more powerchain! alignment of the front teeth looking better, but not quite done yet! darn that big ol' front tooth :(

the "wonky" teeth in the back: notice on my right side [your left] how angled they are? i'm glad i finally got a picture- really makes biting down weird- the tooth hits the hollow areas of my bottom teeth :(

top arch- see you can't even see the wonky teeth with this view

yay! most of the cement lifter is gone! :) hollow tooth, i'm telling you! :P

heres my left and right side vs alignment- looking much better in comparison to last month:
Last edited by belmikry on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

belmikry

#213 Post by belmikry »

ps: florencegirl: my appointments are really close together! I thought this was funny too, my other ortho only wanted to see me every 6-8 weeks, where at this place the ortho wants to see you every 3-4 weeks o_o... I dont know why, it may be because of the tweeking stage, or just that he likes to move quicker :P i dont know :)
ps: no problem- glad to have you stop by :)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

jdub

#214 Post by jdub »

I'm amazed by the improvement in such short time. Gives us all hope.

You've also inspired me to take frequent photos when my journey begins on 12/13. Looking through some of the pics, the changes over a few days is...well...WOW! And without the pics, you might not notice the little things that are getting better.

JDub

Jillianleab

#215 Post by Jillianleab »

Wow, Kim, you're teeth are looking really great! Your arches look really nice, you must be pleased.

You must also be pleased with no more powerchain, and your "hollow" tooth! Sounds like you had a great adjustment.

Keep taking all those great pics!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Flora2006

#216 Post by Flora2006 »

Kim, your teeth are looking amazing!! Soooo much movement has happenned since the last time I saw your pics (may-june!)

Amazing progress!!! :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

tulip

#217 Post by tulip »

Kim, your arches really are a lovely shape - that must surely be what a textbook arch should look like!!

soremouth21

#218 Post by soremouth21 »

wow kim. things are looking great!

I'm jealous for two reasons:

1) you are almost out of braces
2) your teeth are straighter than mine

congrats!

belmikry

#219 Post by belmikry »

don't be jealous- theres nothing to be jealous about- you will have the same effects as well, i felt the same way when i first started this treatment- i promise you when you start noticing slight changes you will feel fantastic about your decision :) promise

belmikry

10 month anniversary

#220 Post by belmikry »

well, 10 months in braces today :O here's some comparison piccies:

First Day
ImageImageImage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 months
ImageImageImage
10months
ImageImage

i guess things do really change- i didn't think my teeth were still that crooked 5 months ago- goes to show how much progress you really do make, even when it seems that nothing is happening :)

lately:

powerchain, oh powerchain- how i miss you! :(
my gap is reopened, and my right canine bracket isn't really attached to the archwire- and no matter how hard i try to close the door on it, it won't go in :P... if i had a car or time i'd make an earlier appoitnment, but i can;t :(...

at least its attached technically, i just can't get the door to close- it's in the doorway, jsut not moving in or out :P

Marzipan

#221 Post by Marzipan »

What an amazing change for you! And so fast. Your teeth are looking like a million bucks. :D

jennandtonic

#222 Post by jennandtonic »

Your arches look great, and after only ten months! I'm a little late, but better late than never, no? Happy TEN MONTHS, Miss Kim!

belmikry

#223 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys- man i;'m starting to hit the 3/4 bump- doesn't help that my boyfriend asked me last time "why didn't you get them off last adjustment? is it this next one?" and i'm like: "nope- still until february probably"...
:P... doesn't help to think of it as a long time, because it isn't- i just miss seeinig some sort of movement- i just want them to "pop" into the right angles :P

patience :)

dec 15th is my next appointment- maybe ill ask him how they are going then :P

samantha_lou

#224 Post by samantha_lou »

wow Kim, your teeth are looking incredible!

Leslie022

#225 Post by Leslie022 »

Hey Kim! Your teeth are looking great!!! Hope you get them off soon!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top