OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

#226 Post by Lisa65 »

You'll get there! I agree with other posters that you have lovely teeth despite all your bad habits of peanut chewing and smoking :P

Great news that your elastics are doing their thing, even if you did get a bit of latex irritation. Did your ortho get the non-latex ones in for you?

Miss Smiley

#227 Post by Miss Smiley »

*sigh* no non-latex ones but the irritation has seemed to have gone down. I guess it comes and goes with my health. I'm hoping to not have to wear these things much longer. Changing them 3 times a day is still a hassle, especially with the holiday festivities, we just had Thanksgiving and I ate the whole weekend. I didn't brush as much as I should have with all the sweets and desserts running around. I made a two layered chocolate cake filled with chocolate frosting and covered in more chocolate frosting with chocolate chips on top. My niece and nephew were running around like maniacs after eating their whole slice of cake and licking all the frosting off the plate as well. I guess this cake and frosting recipe will be a keeper. Maybe it didn't help that I laced the cake with Kahlua to keep it moist. At least no one was able to taste it.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Miss Smiley

#228 Post by Miss Smiley »

Okay compare midlines from:

Oct. 14, 2007

Nov. 26, 2007

Upper

Lower

Rosie

#229 Post by Rosie »

:shock: WOw you really have amazing white teeth........they look great.....good for you!!! You seem to be nearing the end of your treatment, I'm so jealous! I've just started mine and I've got extractions gaps too....Ahhhh!!!!

Miss Smiley

#230 Post by Miss Smiley »

Rosie - Boy do I wish I was nearing treatment. I will have been braced 8 months in a week or so. 8 months out of a 30-36 month treatment plan seems like the tip of the iceberg to me!

Lisa65

#231 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm impressed with that midline shift :shock: WTG!

Miss Smiley

#232 Post by Miss Smiley »

Oh bother! I stopped in to the ortho today to have the wire cut. While I was there, I decided to ask one of the girls if they had any non-latex rubberbands in stock. Then she asked "Are you allergic to latex?!" Me, "Yeah, I've been trying to get the non-latex ones since the first week I had rubberbands." Then they go to tell the ortho and he comes over "Since when have you been allergic to latex?" Me, "I've been this whole time, the reactions flare up and then subside on their own so I've just been living with it." Ortho then says "Okay, you need to stop wearing the rubberbands and we'll see what happens at your next appointment. We may have to use mini-screw implants." Me "you're joking right? That was a joke?" I look around and the girls aren't laughing. AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully my midline holds... Booo....why must I be so sensitive?

Why must my teeth respond but my soft tissue always have some sort of issue with the materials being used?!

Lisa, bracedagain, and Karen - I'm really down in the dumps about now. Thanks for leaving me such great comments.

Miss Smiley

#233 Post by Miss Smiley »

For some reason, I don't think he likes to supply the latex-free and the colored ones as they don't think "they work as well." I know Lisa has had great success with the mini-implants, I was just hoping that my mouth would have been filled with less metal especially since I've got crowns galore because of the upper bridge. So far I have been wearing the latex elastics and the side effects come and go. Lately, the rash on the outside of my mouth wants to appear and it's not very cute. I can deal with the inside little bumpies and peeling off the white stuff from the whole cheek and gums on the rubberband side. The facial rash, the novelty of it seems to wear off fairly quickly.

Chloe1

#234 Post by Chloe1 »

Wow, your teeth are sooooo pretty! I sure do admire that blinding whiteness!!! Mine are so incredibly dull and grey. My consolation is my retainers will act as the bleaching trays when I'm done and my ortho sells vials of bleach for a dollar :lol:

It is hard to believe looking at your teeth that you have so much longer but it will fly and you look great!!!!!

Miss Smiley

#235 Post by Miss Smiley »

Update on my elastics

I have continued to wear them and the rash has subsided. The bumpies are still in my gums but again, I can live with that. Plus, it just feels to weird to keep the darn rubberbands out for too long.

AmybettyB

#236 Post by AmybettyB »

Hey Smiley!
Your teeth are looking lovely! Sorry to hear about the elastics, I haven't had those yet, what do they do? Are they to correct your midline?

Hopefully you won't have to put up with them too long!

Keep smiling!

:D
[/url]

Miss Smiley

#237 Post by Miss Smiley »

Amy - Yup, they're being used for my midline right now.

jennandtonic

#238 Post by jennandtonic »

Smiley- your teeth are looking beautiful!

Even if the non-latex elastics don't work AS WELL that means they work, right?!!! It sure would suck to have to resort to mini-screws, hope that it doesn't come to that for you.

discomom

#239 Post by discomom »

WOW!!! You have amazingly white teeth :shock: :shock: BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are going to look AWESOME when you are done. I am going to be getting elastics myself. Are they really bad??

Miss Smiley

#240 Post by Miss Smiley »

OMG I wrote a big long entry and then it said I needed to log in!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR! I will update later when I'm not so ticked off at the darn thing for deleting my whole long post and responses to everyone! But it will probably be short.