Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

belmikry

#226 Post by belmikry »

thanks Leslie! :)

NEW ADJUSTMENT:

Dec 15th 2006:
well, the powerchain is back on! thanks to my evil incisor [bad bad :P] my gap reopened, and there it goes on again! :) ill put some new pics up once they move some more- ouch do they hurt today!
They also said no more elastic for alignment :) so off with the evil hook which tears into my upper lip- :P

since i was to get another powerchain, I told her to pick any colour - you know, suprise me with something- and she picked GREY- which, make my teeth look soooo yellow :(... oh well

Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

newmetal

#227 Post by newmetal »

Your teeth have made loads of progress, and in so little time. My teeth are similar to how yours were at the begining and they are not moving as fast as yours did.

Newmetal

Jillianleab

#228 Post by Jillianleab »

Lookin' good! 8)

You've made really great progress, you must be thrilled!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

belmikry

#229 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys- gap is closed, and my incisor isn't as far down anymore! :)

[yippie]

going to LA for xmas tomorrow! :D :D :) :lol:

I was hoping to have a brace free smile by this time, but alas- what can you do? my teeth aren't done and by darn if I'm going to let that stop me from having a great time! :) ;)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

pucca26

#230 Post by pucca26 »

Your teeth don’t look good, they look perfect, if I were your ortho I would take all that stuff immediately, congratulations. :lol:
Last edited by pucca26 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

jennandtonic

#231 Post by jennandtonic »

Great progress there, Kim! Hope L.A is fun! And don't let braces put a damper on your trip.

belmikry

#232 Post by belmikry »

Good news! :O

Originally my new orthodontist told me the maximum amount of time I had left in braces was 6 months- and that was 5 months ago- so I was very nervous walking in to their office yesterday- worried and very nervous to ask the big "D" question: thats right, the big "de-bonding" day Question!

I crossed my figners and said : "I'm too afraid to ask but-"
and he sat me down, checked them out and replied: "well, what do you think?"

... I sat in the chair contemplating. Of course I notice minute details wrong, and last month I had those issues with my incisor coming down too far- but here was my professional orthodontist asking me this question.

"Well- I don't know!" I nervously admitted, hands starting to sweat under the pressure and possible "get out of jail free" card almost in my grasp.
"What do YOU think?" I cleverly dodge the question [HAH] :)

after another 3 antagonizing minutes of examination, he gets up and shrugs: "Sure- why not? get those babies ready to come off"

...I think if I wasn't sitting down I would've fainted- how exciting!

the assistant took my molds for the retainer on top- I chose two selections- the clear and this funky Tiger print one! :) also, I will have a permenant retainer on the bottom.

Interestingly enough, I'm jumping in my seat and while waiting for the nurse to return to finish my molds, I glance over my shoulder to see a young girl, approximately 14 getting her braces applied- I smiled to myself, thinking: "Wow- I've actually done it!" to this day I think I never fully understood how strong a person is to get braces put on, especially an adult- all of the time, pain, self-consciousness and patience you put yourself through is almost too difficult to comprehend. I remembered how nervous I was getting them on, wondering what I would look like- and how far off it seemed until I felt my teeth again! looking back now, it seemed to go by so fast, but at that very moment- it was very scary. Wow- here's a cheer to everyone on the board who was strong enough to take that first initial step- after that first bracket is attached,, the all-too-familiar sense of time and a long 'sentence' enforced on you- to not jump out of the chair and drive off in a maddened hysteric- that's power!

so- here's my very last adjustment pictures [hopefully! lol]

NEWEST IMAGES: ADJUSTMENT JAN 12th, 2007:

belmikry

#233 Post by belmikry »

PS: thanks guys! Christmas was great! :)

here's a picture of me living the "high life" in Los Angeles!

get this: the car my boyfriend and I were driving was Simon Cowell's old one- his aunt bought it from him- what a place to live in! :lol:

PrincessMelody

#234 Post by PrincessMelody »

Hey Kim, I was reading up on your story. It's very neat to see your story from the beginning and now to the very near end. Yor teeth look fantastic!

Sounds like you had fun in LA. I live in Orange County, and am in LA quite often. It is a very fun city. I love the night life so I love going there and having fun in all the different bars and clubs, especially the ones in Hollywood.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

jennandtonic

#235 Post by jennandtonic »

Wow! Less than a month and counting, how exciting, Kim!

belmikry

#236 Post by belmikry »

thanks for checking up guys- :)
i'm trying not to get too excited, heaven knows they aren't off until they ARE off- things could happen before then and postpone it, also thinking it's only 25 days away seems like a lifetime! :O

LA was beautiful- i don't think i could live there though- too many people and the smog o_o...

Leslie022

#237 Post by Leslie022 »

Awesome news!! I can't wait to see what you look like without the braces!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

belmikry

#238 Post by belmikry »

lol meryaten- i'm still a nervous newbie to braces! >_<

thanks guys- i know, it seems way too soon- hopefully it's not a bad thing to get them off so quickly o_o... i'm nervous! see? lol...

jennielee81

#239 Post by jennielee81 »

Wow they look SO GOOD!!

12 months?!?!? That's amazing! I don't think you had any bite issues, did you? That's why it was so quick.

I don't think it's too soon to get them off. If things are done, they're done!

I am so excited for you!

Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

alexa

#240 Post by alexa »

No more braces...now that is an exciting concept!

Congratulations! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom