Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mayday

#241 Post by mayday »

Glamour, Glamour!!

finallybraced

Encouraging

#242 Post by finallybraced »

Hey Kim,

:D WOW!!!!!!!!! Your results are so encouraging, thanks for sharing. Your teeth look so good. I haven't been on the site for about 7 months. (didn't have internet). I also had the upper, right incisor pushed back. Your teeth looked almost just like mine. I'm happy with my own results, so far. (I also have Damon brackets-since April 2006).

However seeing your pics really encourages me. I still have mouth sores, but I just keep reminding myself it will be worth it in the end.
The Upside is that I've lost weight(I've been trying to do that for 5 years). Mostly b/c chewing is such a task that I get tired of chewing before I get full. Also, I won't eat chocolate and other things in public, for fear of walking around with it stuck in my braces. And, some junk foods that I used to eat are so difficult to chew now, that I look at it, think how nice it would be to eat it, then say, "It's not worth the effort." :)

Well, I'm really happy for you. I know you'll be glad to get them off. I still have until April 2008.

FinallyBraced

chillin-in-grilz

?

#243 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Do you have the braces off now?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

finallybraced

brace face 2006

#244 Post by finallybraced »

How are you feeling? (Today Jan. 29 ?)
Is your mouth just killing you, or are you taking it pretty well?
It DOES get better.

belmikry

I'm free! [minus the retainer- lol]

#245 Post by belmikry »

well- here they are! :)
with retainer-

Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

newmetal

#246 Post by newmetal »

Ahh your teeth look really good. How does it feel having them off? Are your teeth sore?

SimInsomniac

#247 Post by SimInsomniac »

Wow belmikry! The results are amazing, you must be so happy!

Good luck in the retainers and enjoy your freedom and new smile!

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

samantha_lou

#248 Post by samantha_lou »

Wow, what a stunning result Kim! You must be thrilled! Your teeth look really gorgeous :D

belmikry

#249 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys! I'm glad with the final result too! :)
sorry i didin't get a chance to write down my thoughts- i was quickly out the door after uploading the images to go to dinner! ribs are delicious everyone! :) [just like you remember! :)]

I have a permanent retainer on the bottoms and a HAwley clear retainer on the top- first they placed the permentant retainer, then debonded the brackets- taking off the bottoms was simple- except for some mild pressure in the front ones- the top- ouch! did I ever feel like they were removing some of my teeth with it! :lol:
Then-the SCRAPING NOISES! I thought my teeth were literally getting sanded down to nothing! o_o... loud and scary noises from that instrument! the but once they were off, I got to get up and rinse and I peeked a smile- very suprised how white they looked! :)

I was then shown how to use my retainer- fit snug- although the wire is a tad too high [ortho says its ok- but next appointment he wants to make sure] I have to wear it 24 hours a day, other then eating/brushing or active sports? I may have had them off a tad bit longer afterwards- news broke out about my debonding and my co-workers decided to make an unofficial staff party to celebrate! I went to the staff party and everyone was very excited to see my new smile! :)

this morning- tad sore- gums are inflamed- must use some salt water rinses for that- but yeah- i'm happy! :)

newmetal: yes- yes they are! :P basically two hours after getting them off [which the bottoms were nothing- the tops- ouch!] I went to my first dental appointment in 9 months- I wanted to wait until they were off to get a through cleaning- and oh boy did i! it took nearly 2 hours- and they used one of those high pressure waterpicks- but wow were my gums sore from the debonding- that didn't help- the assistant was apologizing the whole time- honestly it wasn't that bad- and guess what? no calcification from the brackets [shows that if you brush and floss with braces it is possible!] and I have 'excellent teeth!' :)

I need to go in next month to get my cap on my impacted incisor fixed- when my dentist in CO put it on, he was trying to smooth it around my brackets- and it's rough now from the debonding- man- i wish my university had dental insurance! :(

so to compare! :)

[/img]
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

jennandtonic

#250 Post by jennandtonic »

Wow belmikry! Your teeth look AMAZING! Congratulations!

And boy oh boy do I look forward to eating ribs after I get these babies off.

belmikry

#251 Post by belmikry »

thanks jen! i know- i can't wait until corn on the cob is in season >_< summber BBQ's! :)

here's the smile :)

Meghan's braces Part Deux

#252 Post by Meghan's braces Part Deux »

Your teeth look fantastic! Congratulations! But pardon the dumb question - why do your teeth hurt!?! Is it the pressure they put on your teeth when they're removing the brackets? At any rate, I hope it goes away soon! Fantastic results!

alexa

#253 Post by alexa »

Your teeth look great! Congratulations! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

belmikry

#254 Post by belmikry »

oh sorry- my teeth are sore because I went to the dentist right after- plus my roots on my top teeth were tender- mostly from slight movements prior to my brackets being removed- so when they use pliers to take them off- it was very sore indeed. Usually after a year or so in braces it's easy to take them off, but depending on each tooth and how long its been settled- it may be more tender.

still trying to get used to this retainer- talking is tough, and i'm constantly playing with it- terrified it will shift/etc if I don't wear it properly

butterfly

#255 Post by butterfly »

OMG holy cow what did I miss???????? You got a hollywood smile, way to go girl!!!!!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner