OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AmybettyB

#271 Post by AmybettyB »

Hi Miss Smiley, glad you are feeling better!

Hope all goes well on saturday!
[/url]

jennandtonic

#272 Post by jennandtonic »

Glad you're feeling better, Miss Smiley...there's some junk that's been going around lately that's making everyone feel crummy.

Let us know how your adjustment goes!

Miss Smiley

#273 Post by Miss Smiley »

I had a busy weekend! No time for pictures at all. I had my adjustment this past Saturday. I guess there will be elastics in the future for me, once again. My midline started to shift back... I got my normal powerchain up top but single tie on the lowers. The koby hook on my upper right 2 was cut off, WOOHOO! The ortho said "You get away with no rubberbands again, but I'll get you next time." Teehee! Hopefully pictures sometime this week.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

raymondo

#274 Post by raymondo »

Looking forward to seeing your most recent pictures, the results you've achieved to date are amazing - exactly the type of encouragement someone in the early stages of treatment (moi) needs to see. Best of luck with your next appointment!

Miss Smiley

#275 Post by Miss Smiley »

Thanks for stopping by Raymondo!

Update without pics from my last adjustment.
As I said in my last update, my ortho gave me o-rings on the lowers and no powerchain this time. I am not sure if it's me but I think that the lower right gap is closing up a bit more than with the powerchain. I can barely squeeze my proxabrush in there since the last adjustment. My upper left gap is starting to trap more and more food during meal times. Not sure if it's closing up some. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My bite feels as though it is closing up a bit as I can't stick my tongue between my upper and lower molars like I used to. Still no pain, so that is a good sign. I will update with pics sometime, I've just been too busy to play with my camera, let alone transfer pics from my camera to my computer when I'm home.

Andantae

#276 Post by Andantae »

Hi Ms Smiley!

Just wanted to stop by and say, ImageImage

from tropical Minnesota....

Andi
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

mariahfromchicago

#277 Post by mariahfromchicago »

I'd like to see those pics!!!

Miss Smiley

#278 Post by Miss Smiley »

Okay this is the best I can do about pictures, as I'm sitting at work. I took some pictures with my cell phone and it's hard to tilt your head and try to aim with out a spot focus. The yellowed, clear ligs are from a weekend of wine tasting, eating meals with wine sauces, mustard tasting, coffee drinking, hot sauce, soy sauce and tomato sauce over the course of 2 weeks.

These are from 2/20/2008

Mmmmuuaa

#279 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Very nice! Your teeth look really nice and white too!

Lisa65

#280 Post by Lisa65 »

They are looking pretty good!

How is my birthday buddy now? Did that cough go away? Hopefully once spring comes we will regain our leonine good health with a bit of sun and warmth.

Miss Smiley

#281 Post by Miss Smiley »

Andi - I love your humor, tropical MN, if that wasn't an oxymoron I don't know what is.

Mmmmuuaa - Thank you, though I'm due for a cleaning next month.

Lisa - My Birthday Buddie! My cough is gone for now, I am actually feeling pretty good. I've been going snowboarding in the local mountains and surprisingly my cough seemed to have gone into submission from the fresh air. Now if everything would behave so well!

It's been gloomy over here for the past couple of days and my teeth have been a bit of a sore in the mouth. :wink: I have not taken anything for the annoyance . I am hopeful that the aches are from my teeth moving around and not reactiong like my arthritis. From what my Orthopedic Surgeon said, my body is worn down like an old lady, arthritis, worn down most of the ligaments in my knees, and my hands are already losing some dexterity. WAAAHHH.... too bad he told me this when I had not even turned 18 nor finished senior high school. Yet I still try and remain as active as possible going to the mountains, going to the gym for my brisk walks on the treadmill (I am supposed to walk on an incline to help my knees), and in the spring, I try to go on light hiking trails with my college buddies. Anyhow, I am going to take a nap at my desk. I'll follow up later!

KateinCO

Hooray!

#282 Post by KateinCO »

Hey Miss Smiley -

Your teeth look really lovely - healthy and white. I can't wait until mine look more like yours. BTW, taking those pics with your cell phone took mad skills - very impressive!! :lol:

Sorry to hear about the arthritis, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things to manage it and stay fit!

Keep smiling!
Kate

[/url]

adultbraces

#283 Post by adultbraces »

are you almost done with treatment? Your overbite looks like they're already straight. :shock: Looks great.. and wayward molar is in place.

kittymeow84

#284 Post by kittymeow84 »

Nice teefs ;)

That first photo makes it look like you have LOTS of them - must be the layering up of tooth and tooth coloured bracket ;)
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

Miss Smiley

#285 Post by Miss Smiley »

Kate- Thanks for stopping by, my arthritis is flaring up some this morning. :cry: I better get my Rx strength ibuprofen out for my Saturday adjustment.

adultbraces- Actually, my treatment plan stated 30-36 months with my ortho saying to look more towards the 36 end. It has only been a little over 10 months now. I had double protrusion and I took the extraction route.

kittymeow- Thanks, I can't wait for these puppies to come off. :wink: Actually, I started with a really wide smile with crowding, and made me look like a shark so this looks tons better. My brackets are just as clear as the Inspire Ice brackets. I love them! They just glow the color that my ligs become when stained. Also, it didn't help that my camera flash and the lighting in my office are all crazy.