Garrettnb's Journey: Finished June 2nd... Or so i thought :(

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

garrettnb

#31 Post by garrettnb »

I am assuming that it is just my top arch, but if i get the bottom arch out of the deal, then good for me :D The treatment estimate would be around 10 months, and i would be getting normal metal brackets.
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#32 Post by garrettnb »

Ok, well i told you all that i would be getting braces for free, in September. Well i went to the ortho today to get spacers for my molars, but while i was there i asked if they could try one last tome to bring that stubborn tooth down. So thats where we are tight now, still trying to pull that tooth down. I am going to be getting braces if this last attempt doesn't work.

--Garrett
Quiero Pasta?

M1k3y

#33 Post by M1k3y »

Have you switched over to braces yet?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

garrettnb

#34 Post by garrettnb »

1 year later!!!

well i totally forgot about this site for a long while. I finished everything back in Marchish of 2007. I never did get braces as the stubborn tooth decided to come on down. But then a few months later (June) i realized that it had started to move back up as i didn't have the ledge to hold it there. So i went back to the ortho and discussed my options. So we decided to pull it back down and then put a bonded retainer on it. So that where i'm at now. Basically done. just holding everything in its new position until the 24th of september when i get the bonded wire. Its going to be a 2-2 which in my mind doesn't make sense because all 4 of those teeth were moved significantly, and i would feel better if it went all the way to the canines. Theres something to bring up on that last appointment. Does anyone else have a bonded retainer on the upper arch? Also Welcome back everyone!
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#35 Post by garrettnb »

avast ye salty sea dogs. Since today be Talk like a Pirate Day. But anyways I am so looking toward monday, no hawley is gonna be amazing. And what do people thing about the 2-2. Will it hold proper?
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

I'm Finished!

#36 Post by garrettnb »

I'm Finished!

Today I went to the ortho and was permaretained.

and on something completely unrelated my pet rat died, but i got 2 new ones. they are brother. Bonus points for whoever can figure out where the names come from.

Quiero Pasta?

Rainy

#37 Post by Rainy »

wow nice teeth, makes me have something to look for in my future... oh and yeah that would be the Bluessssssss Brothers :D

Rainy

garrettnb

#38 Post by garrettnb »

gah, my tongue is so raw from this wire. It is not nearly as smooth as it could be in my mind, but i guess thats why i get for having it glued on each tooth and it not being a straight wire, but a braided wire. Any recommendations to not make my tongue bleed?
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#39 Post by garrettnb »

Well over the last 2 months the wire has broken off on the same tooth 3 times. So the last time it broke(monday) the senior ortho decided to make a new wire that fits closer along the gumline to be more out of the way. Well here it is.

Quiero Pasta?

Devushka

#40 Post by Devushka »

Wow!

Just found this thread and am astonished! My gap is about the same size as yours was and am set to be getting invialign. To think, your gap made such progess in such a short time and me, I probably won't see any REAL progress until about 7 months in!(I guess invisalign works on the back before the front)

Amazing what was done with a retainer.

And nice to hear you ended up getting the permanent retainer on all 4 teeth!

Congrats on your amazing teeth!

garrettnb

Bottom Teeth

#41 Post by garrettnb »

Well, last week i went to an ortho checkup. And she informed me that my bottom teeth are getting so crowded that they are hitting my top teeth where they shouldn't. So I have an appointment on thursday to discus my options. I have my grad in a few months and don't really want to be braced. But heres a question. Can you really see the bottom braces? Heres to the best of what happens on thursday. ciao!
Quiero Pasta?

Beckster

#42 Post by Beckster »

Hey Garrett,

I currently only have my bottoms braced, and they are not that noticable at all. In my opinion, you should go for it, if your ortho deems it necessary. Bottom braces are very easy to hide in photos, as well. Good luck with everything, and keep me posted.

~Becky
"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."-Albert Camus

garrettnb

#43 Post by garrettnb »

Beckster, not being creepy. But from curiosity i was wondering if you could post some photos. I read your thread and i know you have alot goin on in your life and just hadn't gotten around to it. Take your time! Thanks alot!
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#44 Post by garrettnb »

Well today went to the ortho, discussed my options and mostly because grad is in a few months and there was no guarantee i'd be finished with braces by .then. I am getting a lower hawley to fix my bottom teeth. So Time for some new pictures

First is just head on.

Second is the bottom by itself.

Third is the bottom from top down.

So i go pickup the retainer on thursday. And then were good to go.
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#45 Post by garrettnb »

First is a photo of the lower hawley all by itself. just incase your wondering.

since getting my lower hawley a suprising amount has moved in the past week. Left is before, right is after.

Third is a view with both hawleys (if you don't know what i'm talking about go read from page 1) They affect my speech dearly. And the lower one pinches the side of my tongue :(

update when it gets tightened in 2 weeks.
Quiero Pasta?