PrincessMelody's journey - adjustment #14 update! Now w/pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PrincessMelody

#31 Post by PrincessMelody »

I'm go for Blue, just let me know if your sticking with all blue, alternating from Blue to another or whatever before my appointment.

Also since my last adjustment I have seen loads of changes to my lower jaw!
I will definately alternate between blue and another color. I think I am going to do blue and silver. I like that combo. But I got a while to decide anyways. Still got a month!

Yeah, I was looking at my bottoms closely and the wire by that left canine (the one that doesn't stick out) is not crooked anymore. It's straight. That is some fast movement!
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

PrincessMelody

#32 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks KK, I'm loving the Chrismtas ligs too. It's a way for me to feel festive :D Yes, I am definately looking at the annoying bite change as a good sign. I also already have some wire poking out on the top left side, which is awesome because I hadn't had any wire poking out of me on that side, it was all on the right and now I know there has been some movement over there. I am going to take some more pictures at my 4 month mark which will have been 2 weeks since my adjustment. I thought those anniversaries coincided nice so it will be neat to see what has happened. I am really kicking myself for not taking any before pictures cause I really don't have anything to compare too. I am hoping I can get the pics from my ortho that they took. That would be fantastic.

PrincessMelody

#33 Post by PrincessMelody »

No problems here Ken with the lack of keeping up. I certainly don't expect people to keep up with me :D but it is very nice to have people look at my teeth and comment. Gives me a little boost. Hence why I love this place so much.

I love the purple idea :) Good for KK getting a deal on with you. I definately don't object to purple since it is my favorite color as well :D

I am on a 4 week schedule but its 5 this time because of the holidays. They create a bit of a delay in the appts and everyone gets pushed back... undestandably.

It's a big hassle for me to go back in so I just put up with the wire poking. I have to leave work at the least an hour early in order for me to get to the ortho to have anything done so unless something happens like a bracket pops off I've told myself I'll just put up with it. It doesn't bother me that much. I do like to stick my tongue back there and mess with it. Kinda keeps me assured that my teeth really are moving.

I look forward to some progress pictures on your end. Your progress is so noticable because of the gaps you have. Makes me envious :lol: All my work is mostly "tucked" away in the back recesses of my mouth.

Hope you have a good holiday season and talk to ya soon. I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress.

cowlypso

#34 Post by cowlypso »

Yeah... silly holidays. Why don't those orthos just work straight through? :lol:

I probably could be getting my braces a week or two earlier except the holidays are in the way. So instead I'll just wait until January.

I'm with you in the progress being in the back. I don't have any wayward molars, but my bite is off. I think most of my changes are going to be of the more subtle variety. My overjet will be moved back, but that's more noticable from the side than the front. Some people haven't even understood why I'm getting braces.

Your progress is looking good. Especially all dressed up for the holidays. Hmm... the blue and silver just got me thinking... I've got a cousin in braces right now. I didn't notice at Thanksgiving what color ligs he has. But his mom is Jewish and his dad is Christian. So I'm wondering if, for the holidays, he alternates red and green on one arch and blue and silver on the other...?

Anyway, keep up the good work, Madam Princess. :lol:

PrincessMelody

#35 Post by PrincessMelody »

:lol: Good notion there cowlypso. blue and silver on one arch and red and green on the other. I like it. Gotta represent both sides :D

PrincessMelody

#36 Post by PrincessMelody »

Okay, so I am a little late with my 4 month anniversary, but it fell at very inconveniant time. My actual anniversary was in fact Christmas, so it turns out I needed to update a little later. It has now been about 2 1/2 weeks since my lower arch wire was placed and my bite has changed again on the left side. If you remember, 3 days after getting the bottom arch wire the left side of my bite didn't meet. Well now it meets again which means it has moved again. Very interesting.

Well anyways, for the noticeable movement. That wonky canine has definately moved quite a bit, but it has also caused the central next to it to twist a bit. You will probably see what I mean in the pictures. I've got an adjustment in about 2 1/2 weeks and I am not going to post pictures right away since I've got a plethora of pictures going on. I will put a post up of the happenings of my adjustment but you will all just have to wait for the pictures. Of course if I get some exciting new thing, such as a spring to start moving WM in, then I might just have to post something. But I am definately NOT holding my breath.

Without further delay... the pictures!

now 12-26Image
11-27Image

lowers

left side

right side

SDFD TSchott

#37 Post by SDFD TSchott »

PrincessMelody:

Here is something that is scary to me, when I look at your photos I swear that I am looking at my own photos cause I have a small space between the Central Incisor and the Lateral Incisor on the left side of the upper jaw!

We have the same colors *ALTERNATING ALSO*

Lower jaw looks the same pretty much with the exception I have two gaps from the extractions of 1st Premolars! on the lower jaw! Other then that pretty much the same pics!

I Decided I'm going to go Powder blue all acrossed on the top and Navy blue or Yellow *GOLD* for the lower to support my San Diego Chargers!

SDFD TSchott!

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

PrincessMelody

#38 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks for the support everyone!

Meryaten It is AMAZING how fast things can move. I am definately relieved that my bite has changed for the better again. It was starting to drive me nuts and causing me to clench the right side of my jaw, especially at night. My jaw was starting to really ache and then in a matter of a few days it changed yet again.

Tim the similarities don't cease do they? Want to know something really funny, I just decided last night that I was going to go with light blue/dark blue for my next colors only I am going to alternate. It just keeps getting weirder.

Ken it's always nice to hear from you. I don't know if I will ever have powerchains, but I have a feeling I might, since I have a few sizeable gaps. It will be really interested to see the fast movement then. I hope my WM moves pretty noticeable cause it will definately be weird feeling that sucker move in and much more space being created where my tongue lies.

Karen Thanks for the support. My pictures didn't turn out as well as I hoped but looking at the before pictures and then looking in the mirror I can already see some quick movement.

turrrtlelove22

#39 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Looks like things are coming together rather nicely for you PrincessMelody...like the Christmas colors!!! Good luck with your progress.

Two spaces of mine got smaller and I didn't even notice!!! And just in 2 weeks!!! I thought something was stuck there, but then realized it was my gums!!!...LOL...

I'm a newbie so I guess it's excusable...hehe... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#40 Post by PrincessMelody »

turrrtlelove22 things can definately move very fast sometimes. I was very perplexed on what was going on with my bite and it didn't even occur to me until a few minutes after I noticed my bite didn't meet on the left that it was because my teeth had moved. My excuse is that I was really tired, lol.

PrincessMelody

#41 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks Linda, I appreciate the support.

Hope everyone had a good New Year. I was down in San Diego with some friends celebrating. Probably drank a little too much since I was still a little out of it in the morning. Had to go sit in McDonalds and eat something to help wake me up so I could make the hour and a half drive home. I had a lot of fun though. My New Years turned out a lot better than anticipated.

Well less than 2 weeks until my next adjustment. The holidays made the 5 weeks between adjustments go a lot faster. I'm planning on sporting alternating light/dark blue for my next ligs. Still considering dark blue and silver though.

SDFD TSchott

#42 Post by SDFD TSchott »

So PrincessMelody you went into San Diego and got drunk for the new year! Did you enjoy it all? I was over in Berrego Springs for the new year and did a fireworks show I will post a video of the show as soon as I get a chance to upload it to my site.

Anyways I'm going Light Blue on the Lower all the way, and Dark blue on top all the way, I'm still conteplenting on alternating from one color to the other I will let you know when it gets closer to my adjustment time!

SDFD TSchott

PrincessMelody

#43 Post by PrincessMelody »

Karen it is definately not long at all until my next adjustment. My how the Holiday season passes quickly. It seems like I was just getting my red and green ligs :D

Tim yes, I had a lot of fun. We were going to go the gas lamp district and hit a few bars/clubs there, but then decided we wanted to go the cheaper, safer route and just went to Vons, got some alcohol, and ordered a pizza from Papa Johns.
Sounds like you had fun as well. Looking forward to the video. Got a few pictures myslef but the are all on someone elses camera. Looking forward to the new ligs :D

SDFD TSchott

#44 Post by SDFD TSchott »

VIDEO POSTED YOU ALL CAN CHECK IT OUT AT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKuDdNEb2QM

SDFD TSchott

PrincessMelody

#45 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks Tim. That was fun to watch. Now I want to go to Disneyland and watch some fireworks :D Hehe, not really. During the fireworks is the best time to go on the rides cuz everyone is watching the fireworks :lol: