Oh man.. here I go! Marley's story (updated pics on page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marley

#31 Post by Marley »

hah! I'm here Patricia! I'll give an update after my adj on May 14th. It is suposed to be my first one, but I had a bracket come off 3 weeks ago and when I was there the ortho thought things were going along pretty good, that he gave me a thicker wire.

I haven't been taking pictures because I'm not seeing results.. so I figure the longer I wait the better?!?

I've been away so I have lots of reading up to do on everyones progress!!

Marley

#32 Post by Marley »

Hey all! I had my second adj, first scheduled ajustment. Got a thicker wire put on.

I won't really be seeing any crazy changes until August. My ortho is putting in a spring between my front tooth and the canine to make room to put in my missing tooth. Even though I won't be looking too hot, I am looking forward to it! Here are my updated pictures:

Brace Day

2 months 2 weeks

Crossbite .. not sure when I will receive the elastics to correct it

Now that I've had my braces for over 2 and a half months, I never think of them, other then when I feel the food in them and it's no big deal! I know I'll be very happy when this is all over.. but it's been easy!

I've been a bit busy but looking forward to going back and reading all your stories and progress! This site has been great!

Marley

#33 Post by Marley »

Thanks guys! I went back and read both your stories.

You guys have gone through a lot! Looking forward to keeping up with your stories!

kirjax

#34 Post by kirjax »

victor36 wrote:great pics! and good luck with your treatment!
(as Kiwi posted, the teeth that you're referring to are called lateral incisors, a.k.a. 'laterals') ...my laterals are way far back and will be brought forward & down:

~Victor

I notice you have similar teeth like I do. And I see your avatar. Did your teeth really move that fast? I also have the spring over my tooth like you do. So does it work really fast? I'd like to follow your progess since you seem to be closest to what my treatment will be!!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

Laurie

#35 Post by Laurie »

I think when it's all said and done your teeth are going to look fantastic. You really have nicely shaped teeth (what an odd but true complement).

Marley

#36 Post by Marley »

That's kind of you to say Laurie. Unfortunately my molars don't look too great! I have been a teeth grinder for years and have grinded them down to almost nothing! hah oops!

Marley

#37 Post by Marley »

Well.. another adjustment! First one since May. So no real movement, but I got a spring put on. It's between my front tooth and canine. It will be opening a spot for my missing lateral. This really feels like the beginning point now. Where I'll see the most change! My next adj is Sept 18th. Looking forward to seeing an opening and having two front teeth instead of one :)

Anyways.. here are some pics. This isn't really a very exciting one! haha!

Image Image
Image Image

Laurie

#38 Post by Laurie »

Get to working spring! Hopefully by your next adjustment you'll have lots more room in that one space.

Marley

#39 Post by Marley »

Thanks!! Hopefully everything will move quickly! Next adj I am getting a powerchain on my lowers to close the gaps. I couldn't care less about the lowers!! I just want a big gap!

Marley

#40 Post by Marley »

Well.. another adjustment today. This is 5 weeks after my last one and not as much change as I had hoped.. but that's okay! This adj they put a powerchain on my bottoms and changed the wire. Nothing with the tops. Next adj, Oct 30th, I'll have a new wire on top as well as a new spring and a powerchain between my front top tooth and my lateral incisor. Need these teeth to move over! Anyways.. here are some pics..

Aug 8th

Sept 18

Not too much movement!

Well.. most of my shots were a bit too blurry.. next adj I'll make sure they are better!

Marley

#41 Post by Marley »

Well another adjustment a few days ago. They put in a new spring to make room for the lateral incisor I will be getting after the braces. They were suposed to put on a powerchain from my front tooth to the other canine, but they forgot! Oh well, I'll be back Dec. So, another month of no crazy changes! I'm actually looking forward to getting my elastics (not sure when) so I can start fixing this crossbite!

I have added two pictures of my Halloween Costume at a party Sat night. I thought I would go as Ugly Betty!

Making room for my future tooth!

And will be getting a powerhcain next visit for this space

And on to Halloween!

Rebelda

#42 Post by Rebelda »

What a great idea for a costume! I didn't even think about doing that--and I just went to a costume party on saturday! Man, oh well, too late...anyway your teeth are looking great. Glad to see that you're making room for your future tooth. Here's to more progress! :rawk:

Marley

#43 Post by Marley »

Rebelda - Thanks! Your photos in your photoblog are great! You must be happy!

KK - I had another peek at yours. They are similar! Here's to yours closing and mine opening!

iBorg

#44 Post by iBorg »

As a member of the soon to have an implant club, I thought I'd stop by and check your progress. I've had springs since April 15. They've been replaced and tightened and while I don't think I'm making much progress, every time Dr. P sees me she says shes thrilled at how well my space is opening. While I'm paranoid that not enough space will open she always tells me that i'm way ahead of where she thought I'd be and I'm getting closer to having enough space.

I thought of the Ugly Betty outfit also but thought people would thought it was a bit strange.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Marley

#45 Post by Marley »

Well I had an adj this week on my 9 Month Anniversary! Woohooo :) Still lots of time to go, but it has been so fast! Just waiting for this gap to open. I got good news. I thought I wasn't getting a fake tooth or flipper until my retainer, but my Otrho told me as I was leaving that as soon as they space is fully open, he'll put in a fake tooth!!! Holler :)

I have power chains on both arches. Once my top teeth are where they should be, I'l be getting elastics and working on my bite.

My Beauty Gap :)

This was my arch in August

Next adj is the end of January. Hope everyone has a great Holiday!

Oh! For those who love music, you have to check out Jenn Grant. She's from my city, but for some reason I never went to check her out. Shame on me. I picked up her album last night and can't stop. I love finding new great cds, but this is by far the best one I've ever found. That may be extreme, but I can't think of any! She's playing in my city on Feb 2nd.
Anyways - She has 3 songs from her cd on her myspace page. I'm not very good at comparrisons, so it's best you listen yourself!

http://www.myspace.com/jenngrant1

Enjoy!!