Dodger(UK)'s belated story....

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hidngat39

dodger dodger

#31 Post by hidngat39 »

That is just nothing short of awesome!
I am encouraged by the fact that you came in so far under your initial estimated time.
I hope I can do that also. I got mine Jul 04 and people are already asking me when are they coming off!

congrats!!!
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

malikara

#32 Post by malikara »

Hi Dodger

I've already posted a comment here on how marvelous your results are. I just wanted to add that I like your new avatar - very clever :D

Dodger(UK)

#33 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Thanks hidngat39 and malikara :)

chrisk

#34 Post by chrisk »

You have had fantastic results Dodger. I hope my teeth look as good as yours when this whole braces and surgery saga is over.

Chrisk

hepcat

#35 Post by hepcat »

your new smile looks amazing.. i'm so impressed it only took 14 months!
congratulations and thanks for the inspiration :)

Dodger(UK)

#36 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Thanks Chris and purr_miaow
chrisk wrote:You have had fantastic results Dodger. I hope my teeth look as good as yours when this whole braces and surgery saga is over.

Chrisk
I've no doubt they will be, and probably better lol Good luck with the surgery, despite the fact that my case was complex with regards to the overcrowding and crookedness, I did get off lightly with other aspects i.e. No need for an RPE and no need for surgery. So I appreciate what some people have to go through to get a nicer, more rewarding smile.
purr_miaow wrote:congratulations and thanks for the inspiration :)
Your very much welcome. :wink:

bbsadmin

#37 Post by bbsadmin »

Dodger,

Wow, I hadn't looked at your post and story until today. You must be so over the moon with the way you now look....you handsome devil, you! :wink:

Thank you so much for sharing your story and your photos. It is truly an amazing transformation that will be an inspiration to many other readers around the world!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bbsadmin

#38 Post by bbsadmin »

Hey Dodger, one more question.

How did you do your animations (which are fantaistic, BTW)? Others might want to do something like this. Did you need special software or did you use something commonly available?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Dodger(UK)

#39 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hi Lynn - thanks for your comments, they are appreciated. And it's thanks to you for putting this board together to enable all us brace-wearers to come together and share our experiences. I wanted to put a little back in by sharing my story, after all the help & advice I had recieved before and during my treatment.

I did the animations via http://www.fantamorph.com . It's a great little program, for morphing together 2 pictures. It was actually a post by FiMo that directed me towards the program, as he used it to show his teeth movement. You can download a trial version to use for (I think it's) 30 days, and then you have the option to buy. It's not that expensive, and that allows you to morph between more than 2 pictures. :)

As long as you've got roughly 2 pictures the same size and distance to each other you can create good morphs. (I say roughly because the program can crop and change the size of the pictures)

beady

#40 Post by beady »

Congratulations on your teeth. I am very jealous. My ortho is in Milton Keynes. I asked him if he could do my adjustments every 4 weeks but he said he only does them every 6 weeks which is very frustrating when I hear that you were all fixed in 14 months. Mine is going to be nearly 2 years!

Nevermind... you look fantastic! I bet you have all the girls knocking at your door now! :wink:

CelestialVoices

#41 Post by CelestialVoices »

wow excellent story and job by your ortho! Your teeth look great :)

fins

#42 Post by fins »

WOW Your teeth look fantastic and all done in 14 months!! You must be thrilled.

greencapt

#43 Post by greencapt »

Hey there Dodger-

I too am floored by the results you had in just 14 months!!! Wow.

I too have severe crowding as show in a pic I posted here:
viewtopic.php?t=5171

Oddly I am both encouraged and discouraged after reading your story. I am encouraged because I can see what great work your ortho did and that even without a palat expander you got such amazing results in 14 months.

I am discouraged though thinking about my own situation. I've been braced 3 weeks this Wednesday. After a week in braces my ortho's office put on a Quad Helix expander which they say I'll be wearing for at least 6 months. Looking at your '1 month' progress shot you already had a lot of movement whereas I've not noticed anything yet on me (aside from inability to talk due to the stupid Quad). Also my ortho didn't do anything along the lines of the 'double-wire' technique you had even though I assumed he would have and that I was a prime candidate for it.

*sigh*

I far from expected miracles but I starting to worry. :(

Dodger(UK)

#44 Post by Dodger(UK) »

beady wrote:Nevermind... you look fantastic! I bet you have all the girls knocking at your door now! :wink:
I wish lol :wink: I do but they are either selling something from bettaware or trying to get me to join their coven of latter day saints. :shock: Thanks for your comments, and don't worry your 2 years will fly by in no time :)
CelestialVoices wrote:wow excellent story and job by your ortho! Your teeth look great :)
Ta very much, It certainly feels much better than they were that's for sure. I've discovered the art of eating better, smiling more, and keeping eye contact with the person when I speak to them. Which is something I really struggled to do when I had badly crooked teeth.
fins wrote:WOW Your teeth look fantastic and all done in 14 months!! You must be thrilled.
Yes, even now a few months down the line from debonding, I am still very gratefull and over the moon, for what my ortho and the whole practice has achieved for me. Thanks for your kind comments. :)

Dodger(UK)

#45 Post by Dodger(UK) »

greencapt wrote:Hey there Dodger-

I too am floored by the results you had in just 14 months!!! Wow.

I too have severe crowding as show in a pic I posted here:
viewtopic.php?t=5171

Oddly I am both encouraged and discouraged after reading your story. I am encouraged because I can see what great work your ortho did and that even without a palat expander you got such amazing results in 14 months.

I am discouraged though thinking about my own situation. I've been braced 3 weeks this Wednesday. After a week in braces my ortho's office put on a Quad Helix expander which they say I'll be wearing for at least 6 months. Looking at your '1 month' progress shot you already had a lot of movement whereas I've not noticed anything yet on me (aside from inability to talk due to the stupid Quad). Also my ortho didn't do anything along the lines of the 'double-wire' technique you had even though I assumed he would have and that I was a prime candidate for it.

*sigh*

I far from expected miracles but I starting to worry. :(
Hi Greencapt

First of all welcome to the forum, and thanks for your comments with regards to my case. I had 4 extractions with no RPE involvement. My ortho did say that as soon as my upper and lower biscupids were extracted then my teeth would move very quickly and even out into the spaces left by the extractions.

Maybe your ortho is deliberately easing off with the movement of your teeth until your Quad Helix Expander creates enough room and space for your teeth to move into?? I'm no expert though, so I'm really not sure.

Patience is definately the greatest virtue with regards to us brace wearers. Keep your spirits up, I'm sure that once your teeth start moving, they won't stop. :) Good luck! I've seen your pics and will leave a message in your thread.