Newbie...Aged 40, braces in 6 weeks, here goes..

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hash

Re: Newbie...Aged 40, braces in 6 weeks, here goes..

#31 Post by Hash »

Hi all, nothing new to report here really. I had my app with ortho last wednesday and he changed top wire, leaving bottom alone except to change my chains which had gone green! Pressure on my front teeth was really bad, he recommended i take painkiller beforehand next time, that was after i nearly hit him to stop!! My 6 front top ones are very sensitive to pressure, hitting with toothbrush by accident is so painfull! I see him again in 7 weeks time. No mention of the dreaded TADS but i didnt ask and skipped away happy i have escaped for another while without them! I am using wax on 2 brackeys the whole time cause they always dig into my gum but its no hassle and great comfort. I will try add some pictures without frightened ye with huge mouthfulls of teeth! Hope everyone is getting on ok....

parsleysage

#32 Post by parsleysage »

So sorry you are having the pain Hash! You know I know how you feel especially about the toothbrush knocking your teeth. Was it just the pressure from the new wire that hurt you at the ortho, or was it him actually putting the wire in?

I'm pretty sure the assistant thought I was gonna hit her when I was gagging/choking on the impression putty, lol! She said, "No, no, you can't spit it out, you can't spit it out," lol!!

I would definitely love to see some new pics :D I used an online pic resize thingie to make mine smaller. I don't want to link directly due to the spam rules on the board but if you google "picture resize" one of the top results should work. :)

Hash

#33 Post by Hash »

Hi ya, it was just the pressure of putting the new wire in, no pain now thankfully. Because i have ceramic on front teeth they kind of wrap the wire around them and tie them in so I reallly felt the pressure :( but I didnt injure anyone so it ok this time!
I did the same to assistant on top moulds, it was all I could do not to gag, "breathe through your nose" she kept saying "I cant take it out yet" :oops: , but boy was she close to getting a mouthfull :lol:
Gonna try the pictures!

Hash

#34 Post by Hash »

oops

Hash

#35 Post by Hash »

So here is day 1 Before and After....

Here is Week 3, 2 bottom teeth removed and bottom wired...

Here is Week 9, 2 upper teeth removed and top re wired....next post sorry!

Hash

#36 Post by Hash »

Week 9 ......

Dont know why some pictures big and some small.... Apologies :-+ :-+

Hash

#37 Post by Hash »

So favourite pictures.... comparisons ... I am very happy with progress so far :jump:

There are still 2 teeth on bottom that are not wired yet, one cause its to crooked and the other hasn't even a bracket on it yet cause originally he couldn't place a bracket on it, but he said next time he will be able to get it, so they deffinatly moving :-*

Last edited by Hash on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hash

#38 Post by Hash »

Note to self..... must swallow saliva before taking pictures :lol: :lol: :lol:

KMC

#39 Post by KMC »

Wow - fantastic progress, bet you are thrilled. And am I reading that right - it's only been 9 weeks? Did they give you an estimate of total treatment time?

I have an overlappy front tooth like yours was - can't wait to get my braces on?
Kelly
The decision: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=47045
Braces on: 24th June 2014
Estimated sentence: 12-18th months

SunshineRay

#40 Post by SunshineRay »

Great progress!

Hash

#41 Post by Hash »

Yea in 9 weeks and counting! Had them in 26 march. Time given was 2years but hoping finish before then!

nicolie825

#42 Post by nicolie825 »

Nice progress!

Hash

#43 Post by Hash »

Again apologies, I don't know why the photos from my first posts have disappeared, that's photo bucket working it's tricked on me! As they say " everything is easy when you know" and as ye may have gathered I don't know "how" to do pictures :lol: :lol: , but I try :-1

Hash

#44 Post by Hash »

Hi,just popped in to say hello, nothing new here, still waxing bottom 2 brackets and think i will be! hoping wax is ok to be eating cause i forget i have it on while eating and then gone :D so i deffinatly have a wax load in my tummy :lol: Hubby is telling me i am pulling funny faces so thats a habit i have to try stop :roll: cause I know why I am doing it, its like my gums "stick" onto my brackets, not in a sore way, and I kind mouch my mouth to move lip/gums around so it looks kinda funny/weird :shock: . anyway as I said its quiet on my brace front so I will keep reading other stories :wink:

SpottedPickle

#45 Post by SpottedPickle »

Your progress is looking like it is going well, hopefully the pressure pain to come is not too bad for you in the adjustments to come :) I get my uppers on the 30th. The lowers will follow later.