sleater's story so far (pics)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rockexrolloh

#31 Post by rockexrolloh »

holy crap!! that's only after one month? that's incredible. i hope my teeth move that fast when i get braces.
your teeth are looking great!

sleater

#32 Post by sleater »

My second adjustment was on Saturday afternoon, again quite a bit of movement. Nothing as spectacular as last month's comparison but I am still seeing lots of progress, more so on the bottom teeth this month and my extraction spaces are getting smaller. I now have a new wire, my first wire tire to replace a powerchain and my other powerchain has moved up closer to the front of my mouth. Lots of pain the last few days...but nothing too terrible. Here are the photos:

1 Month Ago
Now 04/17/04

1 Month Ago
Now 04/17/06

1 Month Ago
Now 04/17/06

sjsarre

#33 Post by sjsarre »

I really can't believe your progress... I've got all my fingers crossed that my teeth will move even 50% as quick as yours...

:D :thumbsup:

~CanadianChick~

#34 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

HOLY PROGRESS BATMAN!!!!!!!!

WOWSA!!!

WOW!!

Looookin good!!!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

sleater

new pictures!

#35 Post by sleater »

here are new pictures - from a week or so ago i think.
still with the crappy camera, so haven't been taking as many pictures.
hopefully we'll be getting a new camera soon.

seeing more progress on the bottom now.

Joanna20

#36 Post by Joanna20 »

OMG! Your teeth have made awesome progress! Congrats!!! I think they will be straight by August (on ur wedding).
Keep us posted & good luck,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Drewjb007

#37 Post by Drewjb007 »

THAT IS AMAZING PROGRESS :D ! Congratulations! I don't know many people (if any) who have had as much progress as you so quickly. I must say I am kinda jealous :wink: . My teeth aren't moving near as fast, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they start moving soon! Once again congratulations!

Drewjb007

samantha_lou

#38 Post by samantha_lou »

Great progress, your teeth are looking fantastic and everything is moving into place so quicky. Your first month's progress just astounded me, and its great to know that things are continuing to move along for you!

sjsarre

#39 Post by sjsarre »

Wow... :o

Your progress is amazing!!!

I bet your are sooo pleased.. :shock: :D

Even if you have your braces on your wedding day, maybe you could dress them up for the occasion???

Its sounds like such an amazing year for you...

M1k3y

#40 Post by M1k3y »

You are on world record pace! :lol: Your progress is amazing. I feel that a positive attitude goes a long way.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

hannah164

#41 Post by hannah164 »

What amazing progress Sleater! You must be very happy! So jealous! ALthough we are finally getting there! YOur smile looks great! Congratulations! KEep it up! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana:

~HAnnah :frogbraces:

Top Braces: April 28, 2004
Bottom braces: November 16, 2005

texasangel

#42 Post by texasangel »

Sleater

WOW !!!! Great progress. Your teeth are looking great !

Congrats ! :jump:
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

MsTee

#43 Post by MsTee »

Congrats on such great progress and an upcoming wedding sleater!

Gennel

#44 Post by Gennel »

WOW is all I can say girl! That is a major improvement for just one month!
That is awesome to have that much improvement in such little time.
I have a question about the spacers they put on top. Did the ortho tell you why they had to put spacers on top? Also which spacers hurt most? the top or bottom? I was thinking that the bottom would be more uncomfortable because you had them in front and back of the molar .
Sorry for all the questions! I just got braced almost 36 hrs ago and was told I would be getting spacers on my bottom molar where it will get banded but I won't need two spacers on each molar since I am missing the first Molar that was in front of it....

Again, super progress!

Gennel

sleater

#45 Post by sleater »

Hey Guys!

Thanks so much for all your positive & encouraging comments..they are all very helpful! Yes to answer everyone’s question, I am extremely over-joyed by my progress. I waited almost 20 years to have straight teeth, after thinking that I'd be sentenced to horrible teeth my whole life (well only until they rotted out of my head). When I actually sit down and think about it..like right now as I type, I can't hold back the tears because one of my biggest dreams have come true. I know it sounds shallow and petty because there are more important things in the world that need to be taken care. But this has made me a better person, not because having crooked teeth made me a bad person. It's just that I'm a lot less self-conscious now and I smile and laugh with my mouth wide, which were two things that I never did before. It all is just very overwhelming and unbelievable.

Gennel - The spacers that they placed on top and bottom were for the metal bands that they put around my molars. I actually only have one band on each side (top and bottom - 4 total). Honestly all the spacers hurt and they were the most painful thing so far. Not absolutely unbearable but a deep ache that did bug me. I get migraines and I would say having a full-blown migraine is a heck of a lot more painful then spacers were. I took some Tylenol 3 for the spacer pain and was fine in a day or so.

Good Luck to everyone with your treatments!

Sleater