Rage has avoided jaw surgery…(Pix update 07/11/08)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blonde_Metal04

#46 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

What you have done for the community is outstanding.. I must say that again!

I read your update and am sorry to hear about the rough patch... Migraines are tough.. I had one that lasted all weekend, and my teeth were still really sore (they have settled now, thank goodness) so it was no fun... and it stinks that you get them too...

I hope your teeth continue to progress, and make sure to let us know how you're doing! You are definetly a favorite on this board :D

Take good care!
Spacers: 08/09/2006

Blonde_Metal04

#47 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Hey Rage!
Your teeth are looking fantastic!
Congrats on the A+ cleaning.. good job!
Your canines do look a bit like they have shifted and there is some noticable change in the lower arch! Excellent..
Glad to hear an update, Rage! Take Care

jennandtonic

#48 Post by jennandtonic »

Sorry about the Durango :(

And congrats on an A+ cleaning!

I'm glad your bite is starting to show improvement. Hopefully this means you're going to get off that soft food diet soon.

OBG

#49 Post by OBG »

Nice look! That was really cool the way she cross hatched the ligs. You are turning your ortho experience into an art form. The only bad part is the team lost maybe you could say they are the Bears colors.

Don't fret about the HG for the way your teeth look your treatment is going to be over sooner than later. Besides if you are going to do braces you should experience all the elements, think of all the other braces wearers on this site who are deprived of the HG experience. (That is my feeble attempt to make you feel better.)

Be well!

Jillianleab

#50 Post by Jillianleab »

Your teeth are looking really great! Bummer to hear the dreaded "H" word.... Not to get your hopes up, but is there a possibility you will get enough results between now and your next adjustment you won't need it? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Your ligs are really cool too, the design is very unique. I've never seen that done before - very trendsetting of you!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

juf_84

#51 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Rage!

Wow! I love love love your ligs! What a statement you make everytime you smile :-#)

Headgear- I'm not sure how I'd deal with that but I know you will take it in your stride, and like you and everyone has said, the more diligent you are, the quicker it will be off. And then you will have a beautiful smile.

Enjoy your few weeks of pre-HG freedom, I'm really looking forward to following your next updates.

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

hannah164

#52 Post by hannah164 »

Seriously sweet ligs Rage31! Bronco's fan all the way! That's where I was born and still love 'em! :D

Sorry to hear its time for hg! Hopefully it does its job quickly and you won't need it for too long! :wink:

Good luck!

~hAnnah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

kisses14

#53 Post by kisses14 »

:P
Last edited by kisses14 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kisses14

#54 Post by kisses14 »

Broncos fan, eh? I'm sorry to hear about this past weekend. My good friend is a HUGE Broncos fan. Me, on the otherhand, I'm a RAVENS fan! Born and raised in Baltimore and I looooove football!

Oh yea, and your progress is going really well! :thumbsup: Your teeth look great!

Blonde_Metal04

#55 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Rage!
It sounds like you had a good adjustment! :)
I am sorry to hear about the headgear... but you shall prevail.
You are a strong person so don't doubt yourself girl..

As for the ligs, I was planning on getting orange and blue on my next adjustment!! I love the Broncos. I was born in Colorado and also born a fan. My dad used to put me in uniforms and gave me a mini football as a baby. Before I got my long hair everyone thought I was a boy when he took me out in the stroller, lol! They look great..

Im sorry to hear you have a lot of "crap" on your mind. Remember that I, as well as many others on this board, are always willing to listen...

Take Care!

jennandtonic

#56 Post by jennandtonic »

Those ligs look great, rage! I love it!

Sounds like a good adjustment! Though...now you have something to look forward to, I mean...dread. Headgear! Gulp! But like you said, the more diligently you wear it, the less time you will have to have your braces on.

I think most orthodontists are hedgy on giving timelines. You never know what might happen with teeth movement, and you don't want to get someone's hopes up (or down, as it may be the case) when you set a general timeline and it has to change.

Clo

#57 Post by Clo »

Hi,

I just love to read about your experiences. Orthodontic issues mixed with all
kind of other experiences. You should consider keeping all those posts to write
a book once all is said and done ! Maybe titled "outRAGEous bRACEs, a true story".

I was thinking, didn't your ortho never gave you other ways to retract your
uppers instead of headgear. Because now I know there are disadvantages to
this. Like extruding those molars that are connected to it and make them
tilt backwards. Of course that all depends on the teeth next to them, so one
has very good results with headgear, there are others ... yeah, like me ...
where the results were not that good.

Blonde_Metal04

#58 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Hey Rage!
I am so happy for you! Congrats on your big wins! :D
You are one talented athlete..
We'll miss you while you're gone, too..
Have a safe trip!

:D

antsika

#59 Post by antsika »

Hi Rage, what an exciting story about hockey! I don't know much about that sport but it was really interesting!
And very nice pics as well! Your teeth are so nice I don't really understand why you need that hg but I am sure your going to take it easily!

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

jennandtonic

#60 Post by jennandtonic »

Rage, don't apologize for the cranky post. Braces is NOT always fun and games, it can be kind of annoying....and annoying as HECK sometimes and it's okay to share that, too. Sometimes with things like these it's even harder to concentrate on the idea that someday you'll have perfect teeth...because right now you have to wear headgear. Chin up, we are here for you. It may be hard to think about this, but the first time you are in public with the headgear, try to remember that you aren't the first person to wear headgear...I was walking across campus this morning and saw a lovely lady, probably in her 30s, walking across campus books in hand...proudly sporting headgear.