Garrettnb's Journey: Finished June 2nd... Or so i thought :(

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

garrettnb

#46 Post by garrettnb »

deleted, double post
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

FINITO

#47 Post by garrettnb »

Finished!

So its been a while since i've updated. Think there has been 2 appointments since the last update. And today was the last one. Huzzahs are in order!

So heres the photos. left is before. Right is now.

and yeah... White balance was set wrong on my dslr. So thats why i look kinda blue in the full frontal photo :P
Quiero Pasta?

Miss Smiley

#48 Post by Miss Smiley »

I can't believe how far and wonderful your teeth have come along. Beautiful teeth!!!!!!! I know beautiful isn't usually what a guy wants to hear but handsome teeth just didn't fit.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

garrettnb

#49 Post by garrettnb »

So it has been a while since i've posted, as i was done. Key word being was. Nothing has shifted. But my bottom jaw has moved forward, so now only my front 4 teeth make contact top and bottom... So my molars barely touch. I was at the ortho today, and she suggested braces (shudder) so i have an appointment to update my records in december, and if all goes well. Maybe i'll be braced for christmas. I want to start this asap as i may be going out of town for school next fall.
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#50 Post by garrettnb »

What to do... What to do...

I was at the ortho today and was given 4 options

Wait till i'm 23 and then get braces to fix the problem them. As i am currently 18 and my jaw growing could result in more work being done in the future.

slenderizing on the bottom and then: Do yet another retainer device OR bottom braces

still counting? thats 3 options so far.

Or just do full braces now, i avoid more slenderizing which i'm not too fond of. Then they can space out my top teeth to make room to buildup my smaller than average laterals.

Anybody want to assist me in this decision? I'm leaning towards braces now, and then if my jaw decides to grow again do some slenderizing and work it from there.
Quiero Pasta?

garrettnb

#51 Post by garrettnb »

well, i guess i forgot to update, i sported a new retainer just because of the likelihood of my lower jaw growing was rather high. so the alignment issue has been eradicated for the time being.

Anyways, today while eating some peanuts i snapped off the glue points on a couple teeth on my upper permanent retainer. like so:

So basically that was stabbing the heck out of my tongue and i decided to just rip it off. This being the first time ive seen the wire with my own 2 eyes, i took a photo for the rest of everyone to see.

So... i guess its off to the ortho tomorrow. AGAIN
Quiero Pasta?

ripchord

#52 Post by ripchord »

Wow, I never knew a retainer could produce such awesome results. Nice teeth :D
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!