20 years young braced 3/2/09 pics inside..

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*tap*

#46 Post by *tap* »

oh yes i will dont you worry about that :D
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

*tap*

#47 Post by *tap* »

hey all!!
so i had my first adjustment today woo finally.. was a bit worried it would hurt opening the doors on my damons but no pain just a bit of pressure, glad about that.
so i have now a very thick wire on the bottom as not much really changed just maybe a molar aligned abit nothing like progress in the top, and a slightly thicker one on top he said he didnt want to over do it with the top teeth. springs are still the same and my little teeth beside the two front ones are still unbraced for now. but my wire goes all the way to the back molars now.!
cant wait to see the changes.

and as for pain OUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH!!the bottom are killing. and i am poorly with a cold but troopering on :D

will take some pics in a couple of weeks see whats changed.
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

Blake24

#48 Post by Blake24 »

Hey Sophie,

I just had my first adjustment the other day and I can agree with the bottom teeth hurting. The bottom teeth hurt waaaay more than the top. I was curious about the doors on my Damon's as well, but it was a breeze...even though my ortho's assistant was really rough on them hah! :evil:

I hope your pain/cold subsides soon!

Blake

Tommm

#49 Post by Tommm »

Congrats on surviving your 1st adjustment! Pain means your teeth are moving so try and em"brace" it. Yeah that pun is getting old... ;)

*tap*

#50 Post by *tap* »

hey blake, yeah they dont go easy when opening the doors do they. nice one on your fisrt adjustment too.. and the lowers really do suck dont they easing off with the constant throbbing today though more of an ache now.

hey tom, thanks for stopping by and i shall try and em "brace" it hehe!

hey ken, thankyou.. and he said my fangs need to move abit more so they should be braced on my next appointment i hope. i was a tad shocked he left them as there is plenty of room now for them. but he must have a plan.
yeah this cold it well poo :( i hope it goes soon too.

thanks for all your support guys :lol:
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

*tap*

#51 Post by *tap* »

hey all.. so what do you think about my teeth are they what you call a serious case, i think i've hit the bored nothing is happening stage, and i'm sure my ortho is perfectly fine but when i went for my adjustment it took like what 5 10 min at the most and it seemed like all he did was change a wire and ping the door close is it that simple ? my top arch hasnt been hurting at all the bottom have but dont look that much different.. and my adjustments are ten weeks apart and that is soo annoying because if it was every four weeks things would change quicker i'm sure. i guess i'm stressing cos i no its goin to be way over two years boooo :(
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

*tap*

#52 Post by *tap* »

hey everyone, not been on here for a while its amazing how time goes by isnt it, almost at the 6 month mark. and things are moving along bit by bit, well i'll post some pics let you judge for ya self i have elastics now, and my teeth beside the two front ones are now braced so tht happened last week.
considering what they did look like day1 i think things are looking better still a long way off being the norm! dont you hate that expression lol! i wish i only had one tooth out of line instead of them allll, anyway so my fangs have come down alot its wierd i keep biting my self with my right one when i'm eating ouchhh... not used to them, they have speeded down since these elastics have been on still shocks me now that you can wake up and you've got a tooth hitting another that wasnt doing that the day before.

anyway for pics here's the sides and front on.

ImageImageImageImageImage

so there we are still a little sore from my adjustment last wed and since i took these the other day things have moved even more so the elastics and new springs must be working. fingers crossed!! not straight yet i no but still glad i've took the plunge!
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

PrincessPeach

#53 Post by PrincessPeach »

you've had such amazing progress :D

my teeth used to be exactly the same as yours, but they pulled my fangy ones rather than the ones underneath, which i was very happy about, as i knew it would speed up treatment time!
Your teeth will look fantastic when you're done!
Lower Braces = 22nd June 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (14 months, 1 week & 4 days)
Upper braces = 10th August 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (12 months, 3 weeks & 2 days)

Tommm

#54 Post by Tommm »

Such an amazing improvement Tap! Congrats! I just started elastics too. They're pretty wild huh?

*tap*

#55 Post by *tap* »

hey princesspeach- thankyou v much :) yeh my ortho said if he can avoid taking fangs out he would because they strengthen the jaw or somet or shape it cant remember. but i can certainly see the appeal to less treatment time! it'll be very wierd not having these on one day.. my mouth will feel empty. cant friggin wait tho :D

hey tomm- thankyou v much too, yeh we started out braces at around the same time didnt we, elastics arnt as bad as i thought they'd be pretty easy to eat with them in, sometimes they spring off but i sussed the nack of hookin em on now so all good. dread the day they are very obvious when i open my mouth cos i'm in retail. all part of it tho i guess!! how are you finding them??
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

Margie

#56 Post by Margie »

Your progress is amazing! I can't believe how quickly your teeth moved!

*tap*

#57 Post by *tap* »

aahh thankyou margie i hope it carrys on :)
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

sarahlynn

#58 Post by sarahlynn »

You've had really great progress!! Must be so cool to see things move so much and so quickly, I'm paaatiently waiting to see some big first movements on my teeth (only 3 weeks in).

*tap*

#59 Post by *tap* »

hiya sarahlynn, thanks for the comment, it is pretty cool its just you only really notice when you look back at how teeth used to look from pictures, cos i see them everyday so you get used to them i am really happy i have got a brace i cant imagine still having them teeth.
take lots of pics its the best thing when your feeling like nothing is moving :) you will be 6 months in too soon it goes so fast!!
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

xTc

#60 Post by xTc »

Wow your teeth will look AMAZING when they are done.. They already look great!

I'm awaiting movement after 4 weeks of upper iBraces and lower ceramic, I eagerly take pics every day and still nothing :(