Raspberry's Story(with Pics) Updated- May 30th/08

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Raspberry

#46 Post by Raspberry »

I finally got around to taking some new progress pictures, sorry they are so blurry, I can't seem to get a good clear photo.
As you can see my bottom teeth have really straightened out! I'm so happy!
I can finally picture my teeth being straight.

Caroline

#47 Post by Caroline »

My experience with bends in wire was to move teeth in a specific direction. In ortho lingo it was either to "step up/down", or "step in/out". The aches in your teeth should subside within a few days.

Good luck!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

Raspberry

#48 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks everyone for the information about the anchors in my wire, when I looked closely they are in both my upper and lower wire, on my premolars.
I can't wait til my next appointment to see what's next LOL I'm such a nerd :squareteeth:

alexa

#49 Post by alexa »

I can't wait til my next appointment to see what's next LOL I'm such a nerd :squareteeth:
Don't worry..I think around here, we're all nerds like that! :-9
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Raspberry

#50 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks Alexa! We can all be brace-nerds together! :banana:

Raspberry

#51 Post by Raspberry »

August 14th - 5th Adjustment

I'm just getting time now to post about this adjustment, but it was very eventful.

I sat in the chair, Dr. J again looks at my teeth, "open, close, bite..." then he says "Now that's looking better!" I've been waiting to hear him say something about my progress for 6 months! lol.

I got brackets on my back molars on the top, I've never had my cheeks stretched so much in my life. But other than that it wasn't bad. then I got a powerchain from the new back bracket, on my other molars, across the gaps, and to my 1st premolars. (on both sides of the top)

Those teeth hurt so much that i still can't chew on anything... but I've already notice a gap forming on the other side of the premolars, so that means they must be moving into the gap.

I went with silver ligs on the bottom, because I'm starting a new job next week, and I'm not feeling very adventurous...

I will post pics asap.

jennandtonic

#52 Post by jennandtonic »

Ouch, sorry about the pain on your molars. The good news is that it probably won't last long.

But it's very good that you are already noticing changes. And congrats on getting the powerchains--they're great!

Hope to see those pics soon, Raspberry!

Raspberry

#53 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks Linda, Karen and Jenna. My molars are feeling a bit better today, and I'm actually able to chew a bit with only slight pain.
I'm super excited about my teeth moving back into place.. that means no more overjet! My upper lip (under my nose area) has always protruded, and I was teased about it alot as a child... I can't wait to see what I will look like without my monkey lip :S

Thanks again for the replies!:banana:

belmikry

#54 Post by belmikry »

your teeth have moved sooo much since you first got braces- I'm so proud of your accomplishment! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

swiss1

#55 Post by swiss1 »

Wow, amazing progress raspberry - your teeth look great :thumbsup:
And in such a short space of time! Looking forward to seeing the next updates!

Raspberry

#56 Post by Raspberry »

September 18th - 6th Adjustment

It's been a while since I've updated my story, but things are moving pretty well.

At my last adjustment Dr. J said "Now that's looking better, I bet this girl would LOVE some Elastics!"
So here I am with an elastic on either side going from my molars on the bottom to my Cuspids on the top. The Elastics I was given are light (5/16") and they are named "Greg", well that's what it says on the bag.
The elastics are more annoying than painful. I have to have them in all the time, except when I'm brushing.
Eating with them on has proved very difficult, and I've already swallowed 4 in two days... hahaha....

I will try and get some pictures up soon, I've been very busy....

Jillianleab

#57 Post by Jillianleab »

I just started in elastics too, and I also have to wear them all the time, even when eating. I agree - more annoying than painful! I hope you get used to them soon and stop swallowing them! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Raspberry

#58 Post by Raspberry »

Hey all,
I'm getting used to life with "Greg" or actually "Gregs". I actually feel really weird when I take them off to brush, like my jaws are wabbly or too free or something... lol.

I will try to get the camera out and take some pics this weekend...

I've noticed that one of my gaps is starting to close, and it's not even one of the gaps with the powerchain on it :S my teeth are crazy I tell ya!

Raspberry

#59 Post by Raspberry »

October 23rd - 7th Adjustment

Went in to my regular dentist to have a cleaning in the morning. I've been lagging a bit on the flossing, but the hygienist told me that I was doing a "pretty good job at keeping them clean"... I'll take that over the usual "you need to floss more!". My Dentist and the two hygienists were looking at my teeth, and asking me questions about how long the braces were on, and they were amazed at all the movement.... I had to admit, it felt kinda nice!

Right after my cleaning I went straight to the orthodontist, after sitting in the packed waiting room for about 10 mins the assistant called me in and sat me down in one of the chairs. "Dr. J will be right with you". I thought he'd do his usual check, the open, close, bite... ok do this mrs. assistant. Then he started to take off my ligs! I was in amazement, this was the first time that he actually did the work! I have to admit, he was very rough!

He said things were looking great, and asked me if I was going to go ahead with the surgery... I told him yes. So he's going to get them to call me and book an appointment for consultation. I was so surprised! But he said he does it early because they book into next year.

He said when people have surgery, they usually do it around the 1 year mark to 1 1/2 year mark, he said mine would be closer to the 1 1/2 year mark.

So naturally I asked him if everything was going according to planned... and he said YES! That everything was moving as he had expected to, and I'm on schedule! Then casually, like it is nothing he said, all I have to do now, is close up the gaps, and make sure everything fits right together....
lol...he just made it sound so simple!

and the best part... he told me I didn't have to use the elastics... WOOOOOOOOO!

I was getting pretty down before because I didn't think my teeth would be done in two years... but he seems pretty optimistic about it.

Then Dr. J put a clear powerchain all the way accross the bottom (ouch!) and put the powerchains back accross the top gaps, but left out the extra loops that were there... I've already noticed those teeth are moving their way back, I can feel a gap on either side of them with my tongue

Jillianleab

#60 Post by Jillianleab »

Sounds like a great cleaning and adjustment, Raspberry! It's great thet you are on track with your treatment and will finish on time!

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806