OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#451 Post by klobird »

Thanks you guys--ya, absolutely too far into it to turn back now. And I already called "superdentist" today....

Ya, the teeth are basically stuck on top now from moving because the ankylosed tooth won't let them, and the impacted wisdom tooth apparently is pushing on the ankylosed tooth.

The sooner this gets done, the better. Then on to the next surprise....at least he still thinks I can be on track for 2 years total, after this gets taken care of...that's a very good thing!

Realizingadream

#452 Post by Realizingadream »

Klo:

I feel really, really bad for you. I had to have ONE tooth extracted (the one behind the canine) and I went into Deep Fear. But then something (bad) happened to my insurance and we had to move the extraction date up to just 4 days from when I found that out. That was actually kind of good because then I didn't have to think about it for 2 more weeks. I made it up to the oral surgeon's site, a bit early, but then chickened out and drove back home (it's near my house). I huddled in the corner and I don't know if I was going back or not, I guess I was.

So then they called me at home and said, all cheery: "The doctor is ahead of schedule so he can take you now if you come!" Huh. They must have seen me sneak away, because it was only 15 minutes before my appointment that they called me. All cheery. I hate cheery.

So I went back. By golly. It wasn't that bad! I was quite shocked, but, it wasn't that bad!

I hope you will proceed with caution and get all the info you need and make a good decision. And the Forsus maybe will be out for a while, and you can go crazy with nice milkshakes, I am recommending cherry and peanut butter chocolate from Dairy Queen.

Real

klobird

#453 Post by klobird »

Realizing--thank you so much for your input. I bet they did see you leave!! I know I won't run away--because I'm not supposed to drive after the appointment! So, I'm not sure who's taking me yet...but I don't know anyone who will let me chicken out... :yikes:

I go to the oral surgeon on Friday--and the sooner he does whatever he plans to do, the better. My dental phobia panic increases the longer I have to wait....

Looking at how things have been going on in the last several weeks, he will probably decide he needs to pull all the wisdom teeth out or something....he can decide whatever he wants--but there is no way in hell that's happening!!! :shock: :mrgreen: :yikes: :soremouth:

I love Dairy Queen and I'm going right now to write down --cherry and peanut butter chocolate shake!!

klobird

#454 Post by klobird »

Hmmmm....I am getting my completely bony impacted wisdom tooth and a molar pulled out on Monday! :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: :huh: :huh: :soremouth:

So ya, I went to the oral surgeon today...he's really a nice guy. It's just another wrench in the whole braces process, I guess. I'm getting to the point where I'm just throwing my hands up in the air and saying "whatever"....bring it on...you're going to anyway... :paperbag:

On the flip side--I paid a lot of $$$ to get my teeth fixed up, and I really am too far into it to give up.

Funny thing--even the oral surgeon was looking at my Forsus like "OMG, what is that?"
He had a lot of questions--does it hurt, what have your friends said, etc.

And then the oral surgeon said something that MADE MY DAY :D ...I have to have the Forsus removed for this process!! Yippeeee--except I don't want to lose a whole lot of progress, so I am wondering how long it will be out...

I am so glad it's all getting done so quickly! :GapToothed: :GapToothed: :GapToothed:

starfish88

#455 Post by starfish88 »

Happy Monday!!! Looking forward to hearing how it went, hopefully very easily! Let us know, I'm thinking of you.

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

klobird

#456 Post by klobird »

Thanks Starfish--ya, surgery is in a few hours :huh: :yikes: :shock: . I'm pretty nervous.
I sure hope this helps to get my teeth moving again.

So ya, hmmmmm, the thing about the surgery is that it gets over with and passes within a couple of weeks. The Forsus takes forever--it's like I will never get it off. Even though I'm pretty used to it, it still feels so confining.

Mentally, I'm a little worn out right now....

klobird

#457 Post by klobird »

I just got home from the oral surgeon I am so loaded right now. Everything went fine. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to bleed so much. It wasn't bad at all. Wow I'm really loopy and can barely type.

So ya, it's going to be back on track from here.

Too hard to type...more later...

iBorg

#458 Post by iBorg »

Take care and sleep tight....

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

klobird

#459 Post by klobird »

Thanks Ibog--I am in extreme pain right now....wow...

Realizingadream

#460 Post by Realizingadream »

Klo:

Get well soon. I just saw this today. I am SO glad they worked quickly so your Dental Fear couldn't disable you.

Maybe you'll get to have the milkshakes tomorrow.

Heart.

Real.

starfish88

#461 Post by starfish88 »

For me the bleeding had basically stopped after 4 hours, I didn't like the gauze so 'basically stopped' was enough for me and I just left them out after that. Hope the pain isn't too bad, just keep taking your meds - I set alarms through the night so I didn't wait too long because its easier to stay pain free than to get rid of the pain when its there. Watch something funny and enjoy the drugged up feeling - I'm glad for you that its over.

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

klobird

#462 Post by klobird »

Day 2--Doing much better today! I am keeping on top of the pain with the painkillers (thank God for painkillers!). There has been tons of bleeding--I think it might be slowing down now.

I'm eating mashed potatoes, jello, pudding and applesauce.

Now it's back to getting my teeth lined up!

Thanks for your well-wishes!

iBorg

#463 Post by iBorg »

I'm getting ready to go camping so I won't be able to give advice or well wishes after this afternoon.

I'm glad you're keeping your attitude up. I also want to strongly urge you to do exactly what you've said....STAY on top of the pain meds. If the pain gets the upper hand it is real hard to reel it in. Follow your Docs advice. They usually know what's good for you.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Realizingadream

#464 Post by Realizingadream »

Seconding what the Borg said, because I remember one of the ladies at the dentist's saying it to me: STAY ON TOP of the pain with medication, you DO NOT want to have to try to tame it (the pain) after you let it out.

Those pain meds. are something, huh??? :huh: I didn't have to take very much cuz it really walloped me. I quit it on the second day, but I think I was luckier than most. Maybe I am too dumb to feel pain, I don't know.

I think my bleeding stopped fairly quickly. Maybe in 4-6 hours, but I tried to keep pressure on it, clenched some, and hoped I wouldn't get TMJ-ish pain...but I didn't. Also I had quit taking my old people aspirin for a few days beforehand. It isn't prescription, just, as my doc says, "common sense at your age" so I dropped it until I was done with all the dental extraction hoo hah.

My sweet doggie came and sat and sat with me, and she NEVER does that. It was so nice of her. She stayed with me for HOURS. While I slobbered and slept. Heh.

Feel better.

Real

klobird

#465 Post by klobird »

Thanks you guys--ya, it's starting to get better-but I'm still taking the pain pills (cut in 1/2).
It scares me when I start feelng that pain that goes right up into my sinus on the left side. That's the worst!

So, I will be going back to work tomorrow. I sure hope the swelling goes down a lot more before tomorrow. I sure have a chipmunk cheek going on!