PrincessMelody's journey - adjustment #14 update! Now w/pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

#61 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Denise wrote:Ooooh! I like the dark blue power chain. Looks like the blues have it this week!

You aren't the only teeth starers PM and TL. I caught myself yesterday. I turned around from loading the washing machine and stared smiling like a goon into the mirror. After I realized what I was doing I thought to myself, "I would have never done that before braces!" :-*
Looks like there are a few of us out there that like to just stare down at our teeth now that we have braces on. I'm one of them myself, everytime I go to the bathroom at home I find myself just looking in the mirror at how my teeth are doing and the much progress I have gone through.

Glad that I'm not the only one here. Also when I get out of any adjustments I tend to look in the mirror yet again to see the difference and the new colors I've selected.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

turrrtlelove22

#62 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

HAHa... I think we are all teeth starers deep down inside...lol

PM...hopefully I won't have to deal with that assistant again. I usually get the same one...the nice one...haha. I'm sure some of the other assistants there are nice as well...hehe.

Hey I tried that light thing...while at a traffic...it does look better in natural light...MUCh better... :D

Yea I have the navy on the bottom and light blue on top...can't wait til next week. I'm thinkin gof going for 3 colors...hot pink on top and alternating red and purple on the bottom...or something like that. I'll be a'lookin for the brightest colors on that little sample ring...LOL. HGopefully it won't be too too TOOO tacky...I will be posting some pics that night...

LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#63 Post by PrincessMelody »

HAHA, wow there's been a whole conversation going on here. It makes me feel loads better that I am not the only tooth starer.

Look at you Tim, you got some shiny new power chains. Your teeth are going to be on the move now. I also look in the mirror after adjustments. The first thing I do when I get in my car is pull the visor down and flip the mirror up. Sometimes I forgo that and immediately stare in the rear view mirror. Depending on how anxious/excited I am :lol:

Denise, I definately know what you mean about pre vs post braces behavior. I am way more obsessed with all things oral hygeine as well. I used to brush 2-3 times daily and tried to floss daily as well, but I really didn't think much about it. But now I brush at least 3 times a day, usually more, I have $100 toothbrush, I have a fond attachment to said toothbrush, and I spend a good deal of time in the oral hygeine section of the grocery store/Wal Mart/Target. Odd what a little metal can do to you.

Glad to meet another person with a wayward molar Cor1. Mine is on the left so it's like we have twins, lol. If your's is the second premolar than it is the same tooth. As I am sure you know, it is quite an annoying place to have a tooth. I will definately keep my story posted on here as it starts developing, but I am not sure when it will start to be moved in since other things needed to be sorted out in my mouth before hand. Plus, space will need to be made for it as well which could be a long process. All depends on how fast my teeth want to move. Hope your wayward molar finds its way home soon :D

Meryaten, you are right. I really should be careful. I am known for watching a pot of water :wink: It really is true... it NEVER boils! So it never is going to move is it? :lol:

Turrrtlelove, I do hope you wont have to deal with the grumpy assistant next time but chances are you will probably bump into her again one time or another. I have dealt with about 4 assistants now, and all of them have been wonderful. They do like to joke, which is nice. I think it must be a relief for them to have an adult every once in a while... someone more their age :lol: You just gave me an idea for lig colors though. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do purple and pink or purple and red at my next adjustment, but now I am thinking of doing all three. I hope they wont want to smack me with making them do 3 colors, lol. Maybe I'll just stick with pink and purple. However, I don't think I can get Tim to join me in that color choice. You know, real men wear pink Tim :lol:

My current dilemna... I really have been craving In-N-Out and I know it will be a few days until I will be able to satisfy my double double (animal style :D ) craving. By the end of my chicken sandwhich that I had for lunch today, I was in agony so I will definately have to be nicer to my teeth the next few days. For those of you who don't live in California, Nevada, or Arizona I am sorry that you do not have that wonderful knowledge of what In-N-Out tastes like, but if you are ever in any of these 3 states, see an In-N-Out, and can appreciate a good burger, do go in and get one. You will love me forever for telling you about it. And this, among a few other reasons, is why I would have a very hard time not living in California.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

turrrtlelove22

#64 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Turrrtlelove, I do hope you wont have to deal with the grumpy assistant next time but chances are you will probably bump into her again one time or another. I have dealt with about 4 assistants now, and all of them have been wonderful. They do like to joke, which is nice. I think it must be a relief for them to have an adult every once in a while... someone more their age You just gave me an idea for lig colors though. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do purple and pink or purple and red at my next adjustment, but now I am thinking of doing all three. I hope they wont want to smack me with making them do 3 colors, lol. Maybe I'll just stick with pink and purple. However, I don't think I can get Tim to join me in that color choice. You know, real men wear pink Tim

These colors will be fun...I hope they don't mind me picking three, should be just as easy to add another color...someday I want to go rainbow or multi-colored...hehe...I got a awhile to build up the nerve

Awww come on Tim!!! PINK PINK PINK PINK PINK!!!!

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#65 Post by PrincessMelody »

I think I will get all three. It will be a lot of fun. I will definately be getting three for the 4th of july :D

Karen, I would never make a guy wear pink. I was just menitoning a very common pop culture saying here in the states that "real men wear pink". In fact, at stores I have seen pink shirts that say it. It is just a funny little joke :D

For some good news here. The stinkiness around that band has really subsided but it is still there. I am still researching waterpiks and hopefully will be buying one soon so I can prevent stuff getting in there and causing the initial problem. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. It's friday night and I am going out :D

SDFD TSchott

#66 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I personally would not mind pink, however girlfriend hates pink so she wins sorry guys!

SDFD TSchott

PrincessMelody

#67 Post by PrincessMelody »

A girl that hates pink.... *sigh* lol

PrincessMelody

#68 Post by PrincessMelody »

Ahhh, Ken... all the girls will dig you and your pink ligs. They will say, "there is a guy that is not afraid of anything". :lol: hehe sorry I couldn't resist.

Denise, I could definately see how all the little teen girls would love a boy with pink. Victoria's Secret as a sponsor...that's pretty good. I like that idea. hehe
... ophs, I didn't mean that you would PM ... sorry if I didn't write that the way I should. I checked my notes before, and about males and pink ...
I realized after I posted it that you weren't talking about what I said, lol. It has been a long week.

See, now I love pink and purple... especially the two of them together. They are my two favorite colors, but purple will always have the top place in my heart :lol:

SDFD TSchott

#69 Post by SDFD TSchott »

bracedagain wrote:Taunt me all you want Image. I don't care what color therapy says about men and pink. I think the last pink thing I wore was a dress type shirt, and that was waaaay back in high school. I work in a steelmill and I'm sure there would be "talk" concerning ones "sexuality".Image Sooo - I know what my "sexuality" is and there will be no pink ligs or chains for this man. Sorry. To quote a Seinfeld episode "not that there's anything wrong with that". Just having my say about pink on males.
FULLY AGREES WITH YOU ON THAT SUBJECT!

PrincessMelody

#70 Post by PrincessMelody »

Boys... what are we going to do with you? lol... I personally would not be interested in a boy that wears pink. Just a little too emo for me, haha.

SDFD TSchott

#71 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Enjoy the support we get, Maybe I'll sneak in pink for the lowers and hope my g/f don't say nothing to much about it! But then again it will be after valentines day I have my adjustment!

SDFD TSchott

PrincessMelody

#72 Post by PrincessMelody »

Glad to be of support guys :lol:
Do whatever you want Tim... if she doesn't like it too bad. It's not like it's some permanent commitment. If she throws a hissy fit over your lig colors then I would be a little concerned...

Tin Indian

#73 Post by Tin Indian »

Do REAL men wear Pink? , I kidded some girls at work about wearing that color and they had that STUNNED look :shock: LOL. But no - not me - not at my age! I think I'll stick to just what I have THANK YOU!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

turrrtlelove22

#74 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Whoa...the encouraging Tim to do the pink thing sparked a whole lot of conversation...LOL. I guess the whole pink being "pimp' thing is over...I don't know about anywhere else, but here in south, for the longest time all you saw were guys in pink...hats, shirts, mainly...haha...and it was the baby pink at that. I guess it's a played out fad. I'm the opposite...I would be intersted in a guy that wore pink, in the right of course. Like a polo, some plaid/madras shorts, a tie, a dress shirt, a hanky in the breast pocket...stuff like that...not all togeter of course...HAHA....

Uhmm. What is Emo? Is it a style? A mood? Is it the same thing as Goth? I asked this teen ans all she said was...its EMO-TION-AL...hhmmm...ooookokayyy then... :roll:

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#75 Post by PrincessMelody »

Holy cow, we really did start a conversation on my little 'ol brace story here. LOL, very interesting.

Answer to your question turrrtlelove, emo is a fad right now with guys. It's like goth, but not. I think it's a way of guys getting to wear tight pants, shirts, and eyeliner without their sexuality coming into question. Think, I am in the depths of dispair, I want to slit my wrists, my life sucks, kind of mentality and expressing it in tight, black clothing. Very interesting and somewhat amusing to say the least... It's amazing how much we thought our world was troubled as teenagers only to be welcomed to the real world.