Jaws' Story-Updated Dec 12/07--Follow-Up Pic (page 12)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah68

Sarah68

#61 Post by Sarah68 »

Geri, how did it go on Monday??? I was thinking about you but work has been mad and no time to post anything here! I had my lower brace put on on Wednesday and 4 molars got banded, so I will put a posting up sometime today... :D Let us know how it went!

jaws

#62 Post by jaws »

OCTOBER 13TH 2005

I went in for my sixth adjustment today, and it was a bit annoying/disappointing! My ortho was on holidays, so the hygenist just changed my ligs and sent me on my way. However, she mentioned a number of things that she thinks need to be done:

1) A new wire on the bottom
2) Bands on my very last molars
3) Something about midline correction
4) Something about 'bumping' my top and bottom wires

She mentioned a bunch of other things too...which annoys me since it pretty much seems like I'm going to 'wait this month out', without changing things, just because my ortho is on holidays for a week or two! She kept going back and forth, trying to decide whether I should come back in 2 weeks when the ortho is back, or just come back in 1 month as usual. She decided to book me in for a month from now, but said that the ortho will review my file/her notes when he gets back, and if they need to see me sooner they will call me. I was also supposed to get that laser treatment today that I mentioned in earlier posts, but she decided against it for some reason, and said we will have to wait until the ortho is around so he can re-assess whether he wants me to get this laser thing done.

Anyways, I found this frustrating since I feel like I'm going to be wasting a month doing nothing to my teeth when things need to be done! So, I'm actually going to call them in two weeks and basically 'force' them to see me when the ortho is around!

So, here are some updated pics--not too much change, but check out my ligs for Halloween!

I'll keep everyone posted if I go back in two weeks!
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

MadeIn1984

#63 Post by MadeIn1984 »

I love your ligs! I was going to go with those configuration of colors, but I'm not so brave! Instead, I went with all-black. It looks quite nice.

You've made quite some progress so far. Things are looking better all the time!

Kudos! :wink:
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

caryca

#64 Post by caryca »

ligs are GREAT!!! I like them.

I think you should call your doc. and see what he will say. I guess it's better to be more...well insisting then waiting...they have so many patiants ...
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

jaws

#65 Post by jaws »

NOVEMBER 15, 2005

I had my 7th adjustment last week! My ortho said that things are progressing well so far. He took out my upper expander, bent it around a bit, and then put it back in (it felt SO good while it was out!). He said that this new bend will help to torque my roots in a particular direction. He and the hygenist were speaking in a way that made me think that my uppers are getting really close to where they want them to be! The hygenist said that once the uppers are in place, it's much easier to get the lowers into place.

She also said that my lowers only need 'a bit' more expansion, which is surprising to me because I thought my lowers were way behind!

Also, notice that they removed the red pads from my very back molars--the actual grinding process of them being taken off was not overly enjoyable, but they feel great now! I'm not sure when they will be grinding off the pads from my second last molars.

I also asked the hygenist if she thinks I will need elastics at any point, and she said that it's around a 50-50 chance as of now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

One interesting thing is that my ortho was commenting on how nicely my upper arch has expanded using this new 'Controlled Arch' procedure. He kept going on and on about how some orthos have told him that this type of result is impossible without surgery, and that he keeps getting referrals from dentists who want him to extract teeth for ortho treatment, and in many cases (not all) he has begun to refuse to extract because he has seen what this new technique can do without extractions.

Here are some new pics:

Bottom Teeth (it's hard to tell, but the red pads are off of the very back molars!):

Top Teeth (notice how much my arch has expanded!):

And my New Hot Pink Ligs!

I'm happy with my progress so far!
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

hannah164

#66 Post by hannah164 »

Lookin' Awesome JawS!
I really like those hot pink ligs! Just curious, what does it feel like having the red stuff on your molars! I get turbos tommorrow and I think they are similar!
Congratulations on your progress!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

HollyDontSpend

wow

#67 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Wow! Jaws your arch look great! I wish I had gotten an expander now. My arch is a little small and not as wide as I would like. All that expander wear has really paid off huh? Yeah for you!!! :jump: :-88
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

jaws

#68 Post by jaws »

hannah164--Adjusting to the red stuff on my molars was tricky at first. I felt like I couldn't chew or close my mouth at all! Plus, I got everything done all in one day (braces, top and bottom expanders, and the red pads).

But after awhile you will get used to eating (and speaking!) with the turbos...it might feel awful at first, but it will get better!
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

Jean

Red pads

#69 Post by Jean »

Jaws, what is the purpose of the red pads?

Jean
Metal braces on lower arch.
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

jaws

#70 Post by jaws »

Hi Jean,

I have the red pads because of my deep bite. The pads prop my mouth open a bit, because without having my mouth propped open I would end up biting off my lower brackets. As my bite improves the ortho will probably take off the remaining two pads.

To show what I mean by my 'deep bite', here is a picture of my teeth before braces. You can see how some of my top teeth basically cover some of my bottom teeth:

Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

jaws

#71 Post by jaws »

DECEMBER 13TH 2005

I went in last week for an adjustment, and have just managed to find time to post now! The ortho said that things are coming along well for me, and that he is very excited about this new procedure that he is using on me. I can't believe it's been 8 months already!

My upper right molars are flaring out a bunch, so he is trying to bring them back in line in order to line up my bite. I also got a new (big rectangular!) wire on the bottom. I was in pain for a couple of days! I've really noticed my lower arch getting wider over the past couple of months. It's pretty exciting! I also got green and red ligs for the holidays :D

Here are some pics:

Top:

Here is a pic of the bottom when I first started out:

And here is a pic of the bottom now (after 8 months):

And here are my new ligs!

Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

hannah164

#72 Post by hannah164 »

your teeth are looking so great! Congratulations! Its so inspirational! I really like those red and green CHristmas ligs! Hope I get some great progress like that soon! :wink:

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

p7atrick

#73 Post by p7atrick »

Jaws... your teeth look beautiful now! Why do you have lig ties on all upper teeth in the pics though. Good luck and you look great!

Clo

#74 Post by Clo »

Wow Jaws,

you are really getting there. Congratulations !!!
Your teeth and arches look just awesome !
And your pics are always very nice too. Very well done !

I did notice for a while now that your upper molars do flare out, probably
because of that lingual arch. I didn't dare to ask you before, as I saw
how happy you are about your progress. But I wanted too, because I
experienced the same, but in my case because of a TPA I had for about 6
months. How is your ortho going to correct this ?

jaws

#75 Post by jaws »

Thanks for all of the comments everyone!

p7atrick--I'm not sure if I understand your question. I'm not sure why I have lig ties on all my upper teeth--that is just always the way that my ortho has done it! I have never had a power chain or wire ties or anything like that.

Clo--Thanks for your input! Yes, I have noticed for a few months now that my molars flare out. I think my ortho was trying to make room for everything by flaring things out, and now he is trying to pull it all back in. In order to bring the molars back in, he has been taking out my upper lingual arch, adjusting it's shape, and putting it back in. He told me that he is bending the lingual arch in such a way that it will torque the roots of my molars back in. I'm not quite sure that I understand how this is being accomplished, but he's done good things for me so far, so I think I'll just wait and see what happens! Has your ortho talked about how he/she plans to correct the molar flaring that you got from your TPA?
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom