Dodger(UK)'s belated story....

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

imjennwhoareyou

#61 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

this is amazing. nice work

Dodger(UK)

#62 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Sorry, I have not visited the forum for awhile, I was offline for some time, first with changing my broadband package, and then I had to buy a new PC, after my old one packed up.

Nice to know my pics are still showing. I still have them hosted by Imageshack, so I must try and get my own little area of cyberspace to secure them on here.

Thanks for all the positive feedback you have given me since I last posted;

Montesser – Thanks for your comments. Hope your extractions went well, and your surgery to widen you upper palate is successful. I’m sure you’ll be firing on all cylinders once you gain the extra space for your teeth to move into. I know where you’re coming from in the respect of having a small palate, although thankfully 4 extractions were enough for me. I am quite pleased to have gotten away with not having any surgery, as it was initially discussed during my consultation as an option, but I would have gone through with it, if it had been a requirement. Good luck to you ;)

mm92280 – Cheers. Got to admit, during my initial consultation, my orthodontist thought it would take about 24-30 months for my treatment. So don’t give up hope, that you could be finishing a lot sooner than you expected, or was told. Then again, it’s always best to build yourself up to your expected timeframe, and then if you are given an early finish, it will be an unexpected welcome boost. Hope everything is going to plan with your ortho treatment.

hooray4mediocrity – Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think when I first went to see my orthodontist for that initial consultation; he too was thinking that this is not going to be the usual straightforward case. It was having so little room to work with in the beginning, which was the biggest challenge. He certainly had nimble fingers. Every case I have seen on here though, has shown a world of difference between their before and after pics. It's always good to read other people’s stories and see their transformations.

Gennel – Thanks for your praise and comments. I know what you mean about avoiding the camera. Pre-braces, the camera to me was like an offensive weapon. I hated it! I ran away from them :lol: lol Not feeling like you can smile openly in public, is a sure fire killer to your self esteem. Then, post-braces I started grinning like a Cheshire Cat :D, at everything and anything to make up for lost time. Thankfully, the novelty has worn off a little now, and it’s now I feel at my most comfortable. It means a lot to me, when you say looking at my story, played a small part in helping you to decide to get braces. It’s worth keeping my story here, for that alone. :) Hope you treatment is progressing well ;)

Sjsarre – Feel free to check out my story anytime. It’s strange reading it back myself, it feels like it wasn’t me. I’m sure you will fulfil the 100% quota with your treatment result ;) Hope everything is going okay and too plan.

pucca26 – Thanks, you are correct with respect to my profile in the before and after pics. I think the before pic, represents - like you made reference too - how uncomfortable I was in front of the camera. It’s more of a grimace than anything else. It’s an aspect of my life, I am very glad to have left behind.

Braces_Again – Thanks for your kind comments. I was lucky to have a no nonsense and very skilled Orthodontist who treated me. It was touch and go, weather he could take me on, and I very grateful he decided to do exactly that. It helped that it was private, as I had been knocked back by a few times by the NHS. I owe my orthodontist and his very capable assistants a debt far greater than the monetary value I paid. I hope you find yourself an equally skilled technician, who can achieve similar results to what mine, did.

Nahky – Cheers, nahky. I have followed your story too, and know your treatment has not been straightforward. You’ve already made great progress, the last time I checked, and I will be playing catch up with yours and other people’s stories, as I have been away for awhile.

M1k3y – Correct! – Making sure you keep onto of your brushing and oral hygiene is the only thing as a patient you can do, to hopefully reduce the time you will be in braces. Hope your 18 months flash by, trust me, time goes by very quick these days. ;)

Imjennwhoareyou – Cheers. Thanks for your nice comment.

Hawa

#63 Post by Hawa »

Hi Dodger (fellow mancunian here! :D )

just to repeat what everyone else has said, but SERIOUSLY your transformation is AWESOME and it does make you look so different. Ppl mentioned to me in the past that sometimes with braces your face shape 'changes' I can really see that!

Well done for keeping at it, for telling your story.

All the best
Hawa

btw if you dont mind me asking where is your Ortho surgery, mine is in Salford.

Thanks!

Hawa

#64 Post by Hawa »

Thanks Karen for letting me know that!

19Braceface

#65 Post by 19Braceface »

WOW WOW WOW...you look totally different...you look soo hot! lol sorry but i didn't realize teeth made that much of a difference...good for you! :D

emily25

#66 Post by emily25 »

All that i can say is WOW truely amazing transformation ,you and your teeth look fantastic. i loved reading your journal its a true inspiration. :D

sgguy

Congratulations !! :)

#67 Post by sgguy »

HI Dodger (UK),

It's really amazing to see the transformation u went through...:)

Everyone's really happy for u that u've got a wonderful smile now :)

I've also got a similar problem..err..maybe worse condition than yours.. I also have a longer lower jaw... makes my teeth alignment go haywire .. haha... if u're interested u can look up my thread entitled: "Rare sight : Overcrowded teeth on braces"

:)

sgguy

#68 Post by sgguy »

Hi Dodger(UK),

I am from Singapore... I have a overcrowded teeth and a very misaligned teeth arrangement... perhaps worse than yours ... I am 30 and jus had Damon 2 full metal braces on 6 months ago..

Needless to say, I am astonished by the results your ortho did for you in a mere 14 months... May I know what ur age was when u started treatment?

jennielee81

#69 Post by jennielee81 »

Sg, Dodger completed his treatment some time back, and hasn't been on these boards for nearly a year, so you may not hear back from him.
Sad, but true!!

He looks to have been a young "dude" so he's probably moved onto a very hip online life!! :thumbsup:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Nikkistixx06

Re: Dodger(UK)'s belated story....

#70 Post by Nikkistixx06 »

Wow your teeth look great! You look younger too with straight teeth.