Stargirl's Story & Pics - Braces OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stargirl

#61 Post by stargirl »

Hey everyone! I just got back from my latest adjustment... and I'm feeling some pain... :(

I got 2 new wires, apparently they are my "final wires". Don't know what that means... The upper one has some nice gold, sharp hooks for elastics - that I'm not even using right now. I have a feeling that wax will be needed very very soon.

Also, I now have a class III elastic on the right side, from my banded upper molar to the lower canine. I'm actually glad to be on my way to fixing this awful bite of mine. Chewing is difficult!

Here are some more pics:

hannah164

#62 Post by hannah164 »

Stargirl,

You're definitely seeing some Great progress! Congratulations! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#)

Good news that you got new wires but don't be afraid to use wax on those hooks! :) Hopefully that new elastic starts fixing your bite up quickly so you can chew easier! Hopefully I get elastics at my next adjustment too because my bite is so wacky! :roll:

Hopefully all this new gear doesn't cause you too much pain! :wink:

~Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!

belmikry

#63 Post by belmikry »

I just have to say your pictures are so inspirational- I can only hope i'll have as much improvement as you! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

stargirl

#64 Post by stargirl »

Thanks for the kind words, all of you. :D

While at the ortho on Tuedsay, I saw my original moulds... :shock:

It was terrifying! Yet, really cool at the same time because I got to see some changes that have taken place... ones that are not so visible when I look in the mirror - like my molars getting into line.

There is hardly any pain now, only when I replace my elastic with a fresh one. The renewed pressure is not fun! :soremouth:

stargirl

#65 Post by stargirl »

Wow, I haven't updated in a really long time!

Anyway, here's what my teeth look like as of now. I've seen a lot of improvement in my bite with the elastic in just 1 and a half months.

Here's the right side - the one with the elastic:

Last month:

Now:

My teeth have really come down, I'm shocked! :shock:

Nothing else exciting other than that. It seems as though I've got sort of an open bite now, which isn't much fun at all. Next adjustment I'm in for some more bracket repositioning.

alexa

#66 Post by alexa »

That's great bite progress! :)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

hannah164

#67 Post by hannah164 »

Stargirl!

That is some awesome improvement with your bite there! Congratulations! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) I wish I were so lucky to start fixing my bite already, but we have to many other things to work on first! :roll:

Your teeth are looking great! :D KEep up the great progress!

~Hannah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

stargirl

#68 Post by stargirl »

Latest adjustment today: It was terrible.
I had a new assistant working on me - I had never seen her in the office before. She just did everything wrong, like dropping the bracket she was rebonding onto my chair, being unsure about if it was the right bracket, and leaving a nice sharp blob of dried glue on my canine, which I had to ask another assistant to grind off!

It was long, and frustrating, but I got a new .18 NiTi wire on top instead of my finishing wire so that my canine can move into the correct position:

Look at the coloured dots... ah, it reminds me of the first few days of braces, when all was new.

When this is done, the finishing wire will be replaced and then hopefully I'll be on my way to the finish! I'm glad to have those strange hooks attached to the archwire gone for at least a little while - they weren't the most comfortable, nor the easiest to brush around.

Clear ligs! I like them... I'm going to hold back on the mustard, though!

lionfish

#69 Post by lionfish »

Wow - I'm really impressed! You must be so thrilled with your progress.

If elastics can do for my bite (we have lots in common) what they've done for yours, I'll be stoked.

stargirl

#70 Post by stargirl »

I am thrilled! It's funny how these things take place, but you don't really notice - when I compared the pictures, I was so surprised! Elastics are amazing! :lol:

stargirl

#71 Post by stargirl »

Today I had another adjustment!

I got my "finishing" wire back again on the top arch. It's no fun at all, it's so thick!

Clear powechains AGAIN! I really wanted colours. But they just went right ahead and decided for me.

And the hooks are back... used for:

The Elastic Configuration of Doom!

I got rid of my class III elastic and this is what I've got now! It's so... ugly and visible. Oh well. My ortho did say that my bite was coming along nicely!

Next appointment isnt till July 26th! :(

Clo

#72 Post by Clo »

Hi,

wow, you keep sharing with us great improvements. Congratulations
Stargirl ! And I wanted to congratulate you too for your very good pics
you show us. Very very well done. You will enjoy looking at these when
all is said and done. You must make sure you do not loose these.

Yes, visible it is, but NOOOO, this is def not ugly. These are braces and
teeth that look very nice and, wow, so clean ! Thanks for sharing this with
us !

stargirl

#73 Post by stargirl »

Thanks for the kind words, Clo and KK!

I'm impressed with this elastic so far. Here's some improvement in less than 24 hours!

Yeterday.

This morning!

The spaces are definitely closing up between the top and bottom teeth!

alexa

#74 Post by alexa »

Wow! That change in 24 hours is incredible! :shock:

Guess it goes to show that elastics may look weird to the non-braced and feel uncomfortable to those who have to wear them...but boy, do they work wonders! :D

alexa

#75 Post by alexa »

Edited to remove the double pose...my clicking finger got trigger happy!