Kim's First Steps at 22-BRACES OFF!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

belmikry

:O

#61 Post by belmikry »

omg omg omg! almost! XD...

quick recap:

I called the ortho- being that when I first had these puppies on she said the minute my incisor moves far enough I could get the lifters taken out- so never the less I called and asked if i could, also if maybe I could get an actual bracket on it now :P

the 'favourite' assistant answered [note the hint of sarcasm] and basically said "No- your next appointment is in April- see you then" and gave me a big splee on how they can't possibly put a bracket on my tooth yet because my teeth aren't supposed to move that quickly- now, in my defense- I was supposed to get the bracket on my last adjustment, along with a new wire- so technically, am I not overdo in some sense? [shrugs] whatever- hopefully they are the professionals- but she did say the minute my incisor moved I could get the lifters out, guess that didn't apply or something.... boooo... like, they didn't even offer to make an appointment to check, after I mentioned that bit of information. When I asked, they said "well, we can check it out- but we won't do anything until April" so to sum that up:
"your appointment is in April- live with it, because unless its an emergencey- we aren't booking you"

and look, that portion doesn't bother me- the fact that they mislead me into believing that they would actually check it out, and do what they initially promised to do [remove the lifters] kinda ticked me off-
booo >_>....
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Leslie022

#62 Post by Leslie022 »

On the bright-side, you've had a lot of movement!!!! :D
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#63 Post by Flora2006 »

OMG. I told you it would be in place BY April!!!!! This is amazing. I'm jealous lol but SO happy for you!!!! It's SO close to being in its place.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

todddutton

Congratulations

#64 Post by todddutton »

I wanted to congratulate you on the little tooth finally moving into place. It looks great. Keep up the good work. :D

On another note, I'd tell my ortho the next time is was in the office, I didn't appreciate the attitude I was getting (in a very nice, kill them with kindness way). You are, after all, paying his...and their, salaries!!!!! :evil:

belmikry

#65 Post by belmikry »

thanks for the feedback guys!
kiwi- don't dispair! you tell that tooth who's boss ;)
everyone's teeth move at their own pace- but regardless we will all end up at the same spot- with straight beautiful smiles! in their own time :)

so I was munching on some snacks today and my first bracket pop off happened! looks like I'll be calling my ortho's office tomorrow again, won't that be interesting.... [rolls eyes]

kiwi- I wish my ortho was around all of the time- I swear, I only have seen her twice, every other time she's never there- I wish she was :( ...

here's to hoping the assistant I like is there tomorrow- or if I can see the ortho to put the bracket on again :)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Leslie022

#66 Post by Leslie022 »

That mean assistant will probably wonder if you made it pop off on purpose somehow. lol
Fixed bottom retainer

belmikry

#67 Post by belmikry »

hello everyone! I have someone I want to introduce you to!

say hello to:

my tooth! [cheers]
that's right! my pesky incisor finally decided to say hello- permenantly! :lol:

although we are definately not close to finishing, it's definately closer than two months ago! :)
my front teeth are quite crooked from the movement, but i'm hoping when i finally get my actual bracket in April It'll straighten out- i'm just so happy- no more vampire tooth! :O

so to update:
I got my bracket replaced on my other tooth [the one which popped off two days ago] and the nice assistant did it- and she looked at my teeth and said "oh wow- I should get Jodie over here- I bet we could put an actual bracket on that incisor today!" and of course the other one came over and immediately said "No-no no- waiting till April" now if this is really the case or if she just didn't want to go back on her decision last week, I'll never know- but whatev's- it means only 3weeks until an actual bracket and a new wire- so yay! :)

so to compare: first day[jan 30] to today [march 31]
Image Image

ImageImage

Flora2006

#68 Post by Flora2006 »

That is amazing. I am so happy for you!!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

belmikry

#69 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys! i'm excited about it- :lol: i wonder if i should give it a birthdate- for coming into the world- lol

Leslie022

#70 Post by Leslie022 »

haha - silly kim!
Fixed bottom retainer

Way Too Old For This

#71 Post by Way Too Old For This »

belmikry, I've just been looking at your progress....amazing! And I'm so glad your incisor has come to the party....wonder why she was hiding she is simply gorgeous! Congrats on that straight wire!
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

butterfly

#72 Post by butterfly »

Hi there :)

Congrats you did it - you won! :-))
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

jennielee81

#73 Post by jennielee81 »

BREATHTAKING!! :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

belmikry

#74 Post by belmikry »

thanks guys- and kiwi- stay strong! those teeth will work their magic soon! :) can't wait to see your progress pictures :)

I had some advice from customers with braces- and I've been somewhat sticking to them :)
-try to drink as much hot liquids as possible- cold contracts the roots andgums making the teeth harder to move naturally
-brushing and flossing as much as possible helps circulating the blood in your gums- making movement easier- i've been flossing twice a day, and brushing around 4 times a day :/ ...

it seems to have helped too- no more ice for me- that is, unless I have another painful adjustment >_<

ps: anyone else notice how weird your mouth feels when your teeth move? it's like a foreign mouth- not mine- lol... i'm so used to having that ol' incisor to play with in my mouth- lol- now it's pushed against the others :P

belmikry

#75 Post by belmikry »

behold! my very first head on shot ever taken with me smiling :)

i can't wait until i get an actual bracket- then i probably cant tell in pictures which side of my face i'm loooking at! :lol: