Raspberry's Story(with Pics) Updated- May 30th/08

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Raspberry

#61 Post by Raspberry »

paulosportz wrote:omg...
COngratulations!

your progress isssss AMAZING!!!

they are looking wonderful already in such SHORT amount of time.

well done!
You haven't seen anything yet! Those pictures are over a month old... I will take some new ones tonight and post them! The have come a long way in the month since those pictures... I'm getting great compliments from many people.

Raspberry

#62 Post by Raspberry »

June 8 - Picture update 4 Months

As Promissed, progress pictures!

garrettnb

#63 Post by garrettnb »

Lookin Good!!! :D
Quiero Pasta?

sjsarre

#64 Post by sjsarre »

Movement is great.. Bet you are pleased with your progress todate!!

:D

Raspberry

#65 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks for the quick replies!
I am very pleased so far!

Raspberry

#66 Post by Raspberry »

Monday June 26 - 4th Adjustment

Went in to see Dr. J, he took his usual check of my teeth, cracks a joke, but again no mention of how good or bad things are going.

Changes made:
New stainless steal wire on top, wire tie on front tooth taken off.
Bottom wire was "anchored"... not exactly sure what this means, but she took the wire out and made some bends in it, then told me this would make it feel tighter. Anyone know what this does?

I got Teal ligs (I decided agains Red) on the bottom, and the usual clear ligs on the top.

My teeth hurt more this time than they have before. I can barely brush my teeth or eat, it's all really tender.
Keep on moving little teeth :!:

I will post new pictures soon!

My next adjustment is in 7 weeks :( I can't wait that long! lol

Raspberry

#67 Post by Raspberry »

I finally got around to taking some new progress pictures, sorry they are so blurry, I can't seem to get a good clear photo.
As you can see my bottom teeth have really straightened out! I'm so happy!
I can finally picture my teeth being straight.

Caroline

#68 Post by Caroline »

My experience with bends in wire was to move teeth in a specific direction. In ortho lingo it was either to "step up/down", or "step in/out". The aches in your teeth should subside within a few days.

Good luck!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

Raspberry

#69 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks everyone for the information about the anchors in my wire, when I looked closely they are in both my upper and lower wire, on my premolars.
I can't wait til my next appointment to see what's next LOL I'm such a nerd :squareteeth:

alexa

#70 Post by alexa »

I can't wait til my next appointment to see what's next LOL I'm such a nerd :squareteeth:
Don't worry..I think around here, we're all nerds like that! :-9
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Raspberry

#71 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks Alexa! We can all be brace-nerds together! :banana:

Raspberry

#72 Post by Raspberry »

August 14th - 5th Adjustment

I'm just getting time now to post about this adjustment, but it was very eventful.

I sat in the chair, Dr. J again looks at my teeth, "open, close, bite..." then he says "Now that's looking better!" I've been waiting to hear him say something about my progress for 6 months! lol.

I got brackets on my back molars on the top, I've never had my cheeks stretched so much in my life. But other than that it wasn't bad. then I got a powerchain from the new back bracket, on my other molars, across the gaps, and to my 1st premolars. (on both sides of the top)

Those teeth hurt so much that i still can't chew on anything... but I've already notice a gap forming on the other side of the premolars, so that means they must be moving into the gap.

I went with silver ligs on the bottom, because I'm starting a new job next week, and I'm not feeling very adventurous...

I will post pics asap.

jennandtonic

#73 Post by jennandtonic »

Ouch, sorry about the pain on your molars. The good news is that it probably won't last long.

But it's very good that you are already noticing changes. And congrats on getting the powerchains--they're great!

Hope to see those pics soon, Raspberry!

Raspberry

#74 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks Linda, Karen and Jenna. My molars are feeling a bit better today, and I'm actually able to chew a bit with only slight pain.
I'm super excited about my teeth moving back into place.. that means no more overjet! My upper lip (under my nose area) has always protruded, and I was teased about it alot as a child... I can't wait to see what I will look like without my monkey lip :S

Thanks again for the replies!:banana:

belmikry

#75 Post by belmikry »

your teeth have moved sooo much since you first got braces- I'm so proud of your accomplishment! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom