Rage has avoided jaw surgery…(Pix update 07/11/08)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tulip

#76 Post by tulip »

Wow, look at how your top teeth overlap your bottoms now!! Very nice - something is working well in your mouth, even if it might not be the headgear.

Blonde_Metal04

#77 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Rage!!!
WOW! A lot has happened since I have last been on... You finally have the headgear, and I have to tell you that I am so proud of you for being brave and doing what is best for you. I'm sure you look fantastic while rockin' the headgear! :)
And, don't let the Ortho's comments about progress get you down. I have been wearing my elastics every night, but my ortho said it seemed like I hadn't because my stubborn canine just didn't want to move... And it still hasn't budged, and I have my next appt. in two weeks, so I'm sure he won't be thrilled. You are doing great, your teeth look great, and I for sure notice a difference in that bite!
Keep it up, and GO BRONCOS!!!

:D
Spacers: 08/09/2006

Clo

#78 Post by Clo »

I am still checking from time to time how you are doing hg-wise.
It is great that yours is working well. And a big bonus that your jaw feels better
too. Awesome !

iBorg

#79 Post by iBorg »

Rage:
Glad you're still with us :lol:

I have my second scheduled appointment on Wednesday. I'm a bit apprehensive as I now have openings from where my pre molars were pulled thirty years ago. Back then my parents and the ortho fought over my having HG. I didn't, which may be one reason I'm back at this. So far, I'm on my second bite plate and will proablay get a third either this week or later this month.

Best luck with the continues adventure.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

juf_84

#80 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Rage,

Wow, things are sounding really good with your teeth. Here's to hoping today's adjustment is an eventful but pain-free one! :-*

And now I know why my teeth have been hurting so much lately... it's those damn bends! :(

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

jennandtonic

#81 Post by jennandtonic »

Oooh, I hate it when they adjust the wire ties. I always tell myself 'well, the fact that they're tightening it means I made progress....right? RIGHT?!' hahahaha.

Hope that tightened strap on your headgear won't give you too much grief, and I'll look forward to your pictures when you get the time to post them!

PrincessMelody

#82 Post by PrincessMelody »

Hey Rage. I've been reading up on your story and I have to give you kudos for putting up with head gear. I can only imagine how much pressure that adds to your teeth. Looking at your pictures your teeth have made fantastic progress and I can't wait to see some recent pictures of your progress.

It's nice to meet another "hockey chick". I have been playing ice for about 10-11 years (since I was 11). I played on an all girls club team for a little while (in high school), but it lost its fun for me and got way too competitive. I just wanted to have fun, and while I improved vastly, I started dreading my practices so I quit and went back to "playing with the boys". I usually am the only girl or one of 2-3 girls on a team. I have never played roller, but when there was a pro-roller team by me (Anaheim Bullfrogs) we had season seats. I have played with many people who have made a "crossover" from roller to ice and it is always amusing when they just seem to forget about the blue line and get an off sides call. I've also had to teach many of them how to do hockey stops as well. :lol: Anyways, I LOVE playing and it is one of my greatest joys in life. And I am sure you know exactly what I mean.

I'll keep an eye out for those pics. Anytime you want to "talk hockey" you know where to find me :D
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

alexa

#83 Post by alexa »

Looking good! 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

turrrtlelove22

#84 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Awesome progress you got going there!!!... :jump:
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

iBorg

#85 Post by iBorg »

It looks like you're a whole lot closer to being HGear Free. Looks great! I know this has been a challenge but you seem to be living up to it.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

eternitybc

#86 Post by eternitybc »

sorry double posted!
Last edited by eternitybc on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eternitybc

#87 Post by eternitybc »

I'm absolutely amazed- I just read through all 16 pages of your treatment, and I really am astounded! I was caught by your title- trying to avoid jaw surgery. So am I! Thats pretty much what's been recommended to me as well. I haven't made the leap yet. The first ortho I went to see thougth I could go without it, using an appliance (likely herbst, he said I could get away without headgear, thank god!!).

After seeing all the pain you've been through- ick. It almost makes me want to quit! But you've had great progress. Congratulations- you have my utmost admiration. I'm going to be in the same boat I think (I also have TMJ, overjet and overbite)- my teeth look great to me, not even crooked, but I know I'll feel better in the long run.

Thanks for your inspirational posts!!

belmikry

#88 Post by belmikry »

great progress looking fantastic!
neat wedge- i haven't seen one before! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

iBorg

#89 Post by iBorg »

I still have the bite plate and will have it for at least forever. Seriously I expect to have it for at least another 8-12 months. I got a new one yesterday and was basically told to expect a new one once a month or so. When I view the options, a little lisp is not as bad as it could be. My ortho is using it now to open up my bite and reshape my arch. The problem is my crossbite seems to be getting worse and my arches are no where matching up.

I'm worried about what happens after the bite plate.

My approach is that I'm in for this for at least the next two years. I'll keep that attitude until the day they come off.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

PrincessMelody

#90 Post by PrincessMelody »

I only picked up 5 skaters so with me and my hubby we only have 7. Usually you would want 8 or 9 on a team (not including your goalie).
Not even enough for a full line change... that's got to get exhausting having to pull double shifts. Then if someone can't make it to one of the games you're even more shorthanded. At least you get a good workout :lol:

Glad all your teams are going well. I gotta start playing again. I got so busy with school last year and came down with mono right at the beginning of a new season so I haven't played in about a year now and I am getting the itch.

I LOVE the elliptical. It is pretty much my favorite piece of gym equipment. My knees are pretty messed up from years of Volleyball and then Hockey in my prime growing years. I am sure all the high impact on them throughout the years wasn't the best. But anyways, running can hurt my knees too much but the elliptical is perfect. It is not too hard on my knees and give my legs a GREAT workout.

Hope all goes well with your next adjustment. Sorry to hear your headgear is bugging you. Hope that gets sorted out soon!
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.